• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Dan Lebatard thus morning and they were talking about Bronny.

They said he doesn't have a single scholarship offer.

Every other player ranked top 99 has at least one, except him.

They are speculating that he goes this route, if the NBA doesn't abolish the prep to pro rule.

.....and that some team will take him 1st round and it won't be based on merit.

I was talking about that with a friend the other day. It makes to me that he doesn’t have an offer yet.

Because who wants to take that on?

Bronny is good enough to be a D1 player for sure. But is he good enough to walk into a high major program and get big minutes as a freshmen?

I doubt it.

And what coach wants to have field calls from LeBron about “why isn’t my son playing”?

Bron doesn’t strike me as the hands off parent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I want some of what the Nets are smoking. That has got to be the strongest weed ever.
Meh.

Kyrie isn't the immediate problem.

Durant is.

I don't think they have any intention on trading Durant, even now.

They have a better chance of KD reporting for camp with Irving on he roster.

Especially now that Kyrie appears to be onboard.

It's not like the Lakers offer will decrease.

So, they have no reason to care about a timeline...or rush.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that while you will have some guys try it who should be going to college instead, but that wil likely be pretty self correcting when it turns out that those players made a mistake.

In my experience, kids are almost never very accurate in their perception of their own abilities at that age.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about that with a friend the other day. It makes to me that he doesn’t have an offer yet.

Because who wants to take that on?

Bronny is good enough to be a D1 player for sure. But is he good enough to walk into a high major program and get big minutes as a freshmen?

I doubt it.

And what coach wants to have field calls from LeBron about “why isn’t my son playing”?

Bron doesn’t strike me as the hands off parent.
Penny Hardaway.

Lost Emoni Bates and could use the program boost.

It was reported earlier that he made a offer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I want some of what the Nets are smoking. That has got to be the strongest weed ever.

You don't get that irrational unless you get that weed that has the PCP crystals on it.

Shoutout to :thumper:

First the Nets FO wanted most of the Celtics starting line up + picks for KD and now this. They aren't smokin' weed. It's bath salts or meth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, kids are almost never very accurate in their perception of their own abilities at that age.
Its hard when everyone is telling you how great you are.

They don't realize that some of those folks are just looking to cash in.

Still, school isn't for everyone and I'm glad they can go the G League route or even Overtime Elite.

Michael Foster Jr is the only G League Ignite player not drafted this year.

Jean Montero didn't get taken from Overtime Elite.

But, for the most part, it seems like a solid path to one of the pro leagues.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard when everyone is telling you how great you are.

They don't realize that some of those folks are just looking to cash in.

Still, school isn't for everyone and I'm glad they can go the G League route or even Overtime Elite.

Michael Foster Jr is the only G League Ignite player not drafted this year.

Jean Montero didn't get taken from Overtime Elite.

But, for the most part, it seems like a solid path to one of the pro leagues.

I agree.

No reason to pretend to be a student when their is no investment.

I just fear too many will regret their choice when they go back to get that GED.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the same thing the Nets have said for months and the Lakers are just now accepting?

The Nets’ current stance, sources say, is that they are unwilling to send out Irving in a trade if the deal solely brings back future assets. They apparently want win-now talent in return to part with Irving, despite all of the turmoil that has engulfed the Nets for months.

Perhaps that position changes if the Nets manufacture a trade they like that finds a new home for the disgruntled Kevin Durant, but they have not yet wavered. The Nets have consistently rebuffed the idea of taking on Westbrook and insist they won’t be swayed by mere draft compensation … attractive as it is.

It would thus require a third team, barring a change in Brooklyn’s approach, to facilitate an Irving-to-the-Lakers move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bigger problem, imo, is the people in their ear telling them they're better than they are.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the same thing the Nets have said for months and the Lakers are just now accepting?

Accept that's not what the Nets have been doing. They've been claiming, at least more recently, that they were going to deal with KD first. They originally were saying they wouldn't take Westbrook, but then KD started talking about wanting out and it changed to wanting 2 firsts from the Lakers, but KD was their priority.

The Nets’ current stance, sources say, is that they are unwilling to send out Irving in a trade if the deal solely brings back future assets. They apparently want win-now talent in return to part with Irving, despite all of the turmoil that has engulfed the Nets for months.

Win now talent from who? The only team interested in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Lakers could try to involve a 3rd tean, but what team is out there that's willing to give up "win now" talent for Westbrooks contract and a future 1st?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accept that's not what the Nets have been doing. They've been claiming, at least more recently, that they were going to deal with KD first. They originally were saying they wouldn't take Westbrook, but then KD started talking about wanting out and it changed to wanting 2 firsts from the Lakers, but KD was their priority.

Win now talent from who? The only team interested in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Lakers could try to involve a 3rd tean, but what team is out there that's willing to give up "win now" talent for Westbrooks contract and a future 1st?
Lmao

No.

There is no team that will do that..lol

I don't remember a single report coming from Brooklyn, or even attributed to a source close to the team, that said they'd send you Kyrie for two 1st rounders.

That all came from the talking heads playing Fantasy GM on TV.

They have consistently said they'd deal KD and figure out Kyrie after.

Never said a thing about terms, like you said, until now.

But, yeah....they have consistently, EMPHATICALLY, said no Westbrook.

So, I don't see the Lakers getting Kyrie this year.

...and you would need to do some salary cap gymnastics to give him a max as a free agent in the Summer.

So, what are the odds you actually bring Westbrook back into that locker room in 6 weeks?

I would not.

Your next best option has to be Utah.

I like Turner in Indy.

But, why have 3 Centers on the bench in the 4th when you move AD to Center?

Bogdo and one of the point guards and roll the dice.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, yeah.

That's what they were saying on the Lebatard show.

Not that there isn't interest.

More like, teams aren't wasting their time because he's likely not even going to college.

But, that has also changed already.

No shock, its from Penny Hardaway.

He hasn't had great success even when he lands a top recruit.

Emoni Bates and Wiseman bailed on his ass early.

Did Wiseman 'bail' or did he do one and done like all the other top picks?

Bronny will get drafted to being his dad in after 1 year no matter where he goes.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Wiseman 'bail' or did he do one and done like all the other top picks?

Bronny will get drafted to being his dad in after 1 year no matter where he goes.
He bailed.

The James Wiseman College Experience, all three games of it, is over. All that remains now for Memphis is the NCAA investigation.

What a farce.

This is what the Tigers got for their recruiting coup in signing the No. 1 prospect from the high school class of 2019: a college cameo, an NCAA suspension and very likely some allegations of major rules violations. Hope it was worth it, Penny Hardaway.

Wiseman dropped his bombshell news via Instagram on Thursday, saying that he is withdrawing from school and will work out in preparation for the NBA draft. He’d served seven games of a 12-game suspension for accepting impermissible benefits—moving expenses from Hardaway for his family to relocate from Nashville to Memphis when he was a high school player and Hardaway was a high school coach.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger problem, imo, is the people in their ear telling them they're better than they are.

That is a big part of the problem.

The second part though, is that a lot of people are real with these kids.

But when a 17 year hears he is great from 1 person and that he has a lot of work to do from another…

They usually tend to believe the overly optimistic outlook.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

Kyrie isn't the immediate problem.

Durant is.

I don't think they have any intention on trading Durant, even now.

They have a better chance of KD reporting for camp with Irving on he roster.

Especially now that Kyrie appears to be onboard.

It's not like the Lakers offer will decrease.

So, they have no reason to care about a timeline...or rush.

exactly

the Nets are not going to trade Kyrie if they think the key to getting Durant to stay (or at least tolerate staying) is having Kyrie this year.

Maybe they deal Kyrie at the deadline if they are looking like a deadass team- but if they are looking good- and honestly-no reason they should not with Durant/Kyrie/Simmons/Harris/Mills/TJ Warren/ Royce O'Neale, etc...

honestly--- O'Neale and Warren are underated signings- and Mills was an underated resigning.

I think the 3 most talented teams on paper are the Nets, Clips and Warriors. Now- on paper does not always translate obviously.

Not only that- but because LeBron is greedy- if they dont get Kyrie via trade--- how do they get him? I dont think they have enough cap space in the offseason.

Its gonna be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many big time athletes took pay cuts in their later years to give their team room for a better chance for championships. LeBron will never ever be one of them. He wants every penny and- if the Nets dont relent and trade them Kyrie---- it will be tough for the Lakers to get him as a free agent in the offseason.

LeBron and Davis alone will represent 87 million in cap next offseason.

They badly need to trade THT and get someone to take his money is what it comes down to.

because I will tell you another thing- Kyrie sure as hell does not seem like a guy that will take less money either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many big time athletes took pay cuts in their later years to give their team room for a better chance for championships. LeBron will never ever be one of them. He wants every penny and- if the Nets dont relent and trade them Kyrie---- it will be tough for the Lakers to get him as a free agent in the offseason.

LeBron and Davis alone will represent 87 million in cap next offseason.

They badly need to trade THT and get someone to take his money is what it comes down to.

because I will tell you another thing- Kyrie sure as hell does not seem like a guy that will take less money either.

Assuming Kyrie stays and that things don't go much better, it will be really interesting to see what happens with Kyrie. Only the Lakers were interested in trading for him.

How many more teams would be interested in signing him as an FA and how many of those are going to be willing to give him a big contract?

Maybe he ''crazies himself'' into the Lakers price range? lol