• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point him suiting up and trying a little bit is all he can be graded by.
There’s still a big part of me that thinks he still has a chance to be great. Maybe I’m too in love with the skill set. In full disclosure, I’m a guy who sees conversion and change in people and attitudes every day. If this situation adequately humbled him, he has the stuff to be a perennial All NBA guy. I’ve accepted the fact that he would have never evolved into that guy if he were a Sixer. Guys like him need a bottom in order to create the change. This was definitely a bottom. We will see if he responds.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s still a big part of me that thinks he still has a chance to be great. Maybe I’m too in love with the skill set. In full disclosure, I’m a guy who sees conversion and change in people and attitudes every day. If this situation adequately humbled him, he has the stuff to be a perennial All NBA guy. I’ve accepted the fact that he would have never evolved into that guy if he were a Sixer. Guys like him need a bottom in order to create the change. This was definitely a bottom. We will see if he responds.
Well in terms of a guy that likely needs a healthy situation he couldn’t be in a worst place to implode again.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Russ for Simmons immediately if available.

The funny thing is trading Russ and their 2 firsts for Simmons would basically mean they got all the picks back that they traded harden for. So they're back in neutral. Minus Allen. Which was just baffling from the start.

They could turn Curry into a younger C if they wanted to though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARE YOU BLIND? I SAID SABONIS IS GONNA BE THE STARTING POWER FOWARD
Who do you have listed as your 5th starter?

A two way player.

With all the other options that I listed as an alternative, you think a guy who can play 50 games max is going to be the starter?

Based on averaging 3 ppg in 15 total appearances?

Sure, sure...

That would totally be on brand for the Kangz to start a guy who isn't even on a standard contract, over Holmes or even choosing to slide Sabonis to the 5 and starting the guy they took #4 overall.

Makes sense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is trading Russ and their 2 firsts for Simmons would basically mean they got all the picks back that they traded harden for. So they're back in neutral. Minus Allen. Which was just baffling from the start.

They could turn Curry into a younger C if they wanted to though.

Trading for Simmons would require a lot of shuffling of the roster, which makes it problematic in the real world. Simmons would need to play PF essentially. Lakers would still need a more outside shooting at the guard positions.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Simmons would require a lot of shuffling of the roster, which makes it problematic in the real world. Simmons would need to play PF essentially. Lakers would still need a more outside shooting at the guard positions.

Joe Harris lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You laugh, but he would still be an improvement (provided he's healthy).

I just laugh cause he’s held up the kyrie deal before too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all of those will most likely never be broken but I have the most confidence in the Ripken streak especially with the way baseball is played today. Players are given more rest to survive a long season and injuries. Guys can't even go 500 straight games anymore.

100 point game, 8 straight NBA championships for example will also never be broken but the Ripken streak is just insane.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all of those will most likely never be broken but I have the most confidence in the Ripken streak especially with the way baseball is played today. Players are given more rest to survive a long season and injuries. Guys can't even go 500 straight games anymore.

100 point game, 8 straight NBA championships for example will also never be broken but the Ripken streak is just insane.

Yeah, the breakable ones would be the single game ones. 2 slams in one inning, 100 pt game (I think that could be in reach). Still unlikely, but don't require an extended run of luck to accomplish.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 str8 chips and 9x MVP just seems impossible.

Wilts game has never been duplicated in the NBA.

But, it has in High School.

If anything on that list is breakable, it would have to be the 100 PT game and I don't see any NBA squad allowing that shit to happen on their watch.

Multiple flagrant fouls would shut that shit down, if necessary.