• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any organic team has won the title in a long time. Even with the Bucks Holiday & Lopez weren't drafted by the team. There's probably more but I don't feel like looking at their roster from their title season right now.

I consider the Warriors to be pretty organic, at least as far as their core pieces, especially their big 3. No team does it completely organically. Might have to go all the way back to the 60's or 70's to find one...and even then I'm not sure you'd find a completely organic champion.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any organic team has won the title in a long time. Even with the Bucks Holiday & Lopez weren't drafted by the team. There's probably more but I don't feel like looking at their roster from their title season right now.

Eh. I consider that home grown. The Warriors are largely built save the two with KD. It doesn't make the title anything less though. But to act like your team is hated because they're black in a league that's 80 percent AA is retarded

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider the Warriors to be pretty organic, at least as far as their core pieces, especially their big 3. No team does it completely organically. Might have to go all the way back to the 60's or 70's to find one...and even then I'm not sure you'd find a completely organic champion.

I can't call the Warriors organic because they won 2 titles with KD. But I get what you're saying.

And you're spot-on saying you gotta go back decades to find a 100% organic title team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I consider that home grown. The Warriors are largely built save the two with KD. It doesn't make the title anything less though. But to act like your team is hated because they're black in a league that's 80 percent AA is retarded

That isn’t it though.

I am not sure I agree with Wade’s take, but, he and LeBron are both social activists and many people hate them for it.

That is the key difference between them, Magic and MJ. Had those guys spoken up on current events like LeBron does they would have been viewed a lot more unfavorably by the masses also.

That is surely the basis for Wade’s opinion.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t it though.

I am not sure I agree with Wade’s take, but, he and LeBron are both social activists and many people hate them for it.

That is the key difference between them, Magic and MJ. Had those guys spoken up on current events like LeBron does they would have been viewed a lot more unfavorably by the masses also.

I've not heard anyone criticize Wade on that level. Lebron yes...but within hoops circles the dislike is almost exclusively because of how that team was put together

Outside of hoops circles. Yes. There are many who dislike lebron because of his opinions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not heard anyone criticize Wade on that level. Lebron yes...but within hoops circles the dislike is almost exclusively because of how that team was put together

Outside of hoops circles. Yes. There are many who dislike lebron because of his opinions.

For sure.

I don’t think people criticize Wade on the same level because he isn’t nearly as big a name.

But he and Melo were right there with LeBron and perhaps even pushing LeBron socially when they were in their primes.

My guess would be that a lot of the hate Wade is referencing comes from outsiders.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah June 2022 was a long time ago.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t it though.

lol, being a social activist was def not the reason people hated them. Nobody hated KG/Allen/Pierce on the Celtics

Why didn't people hate Lebron later on the Cavs or Lakers? Or 2/3 examples he used?

People didn't like them because they got on stage and bragged about how easy it was going to be to win 9 championships and then mocked Dirk when he got sick. It had nothing to do with race, social activism or any other crap lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, being a social activist was def not the reason people hated them. Nobody hated KG/Allen/Pierce on the Celtics

Why didn't people hate Lebron later on the Cavs or Lakers? Or 2/3 examples he used?

People didn't like them because they got on stage and bragged about how easy it was going to be to win 9 championships and then mocked Dirk when he got sick. It had nothing to do with race, social activism or any other crap lol

That was obviously a factor too.

But don’t discount the politics. People on here weekly talking about how much they hate LeBron due to the stances he takes.

And I am telling you this is what is probably shaping Wade’s opinions.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But don’t discount the politics. People on here weekly talking about how much they hate LeBron due to the stances he takes.

Wade said race tho. Was Lebron even political back then? He seemed to start speaking up about politics and activism later in his Cavs 2nd run, but that was after the Heat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade said race tho. Was Lebron even political back then? He seemed to start speaking up about politics and activism later in his Cavs 2nd run, but that was after the Heat.

I agree with that.

Just think that is probably a factor in what Wade is saying.

The race comment is an oversimplification of a really complex idea.

Tom Brady doing and saying the same things probably doesn’t get as much scrutiny.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure your timeline is correct.

I could be mistaken, but I don't recall much social activism or politics back then. He was still trying to win his first title at that time.

I do remember a metric shit ton of criticism he took for how he left Cleveland and for putting together his own ''superteam''. Followed by criticism for the excuses he and others came up with when they failed that 1st season.

I don't think the social activism really started until the 2nd stint with the Cavs and may have been after they got their title.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

Just think that is probably a factor in what Wade is saying.

The race comment is an oversimplification of a really complex idea.

Tom Brady doing and saying the same things probably doesn’t get as much scrutiny.
Maybe I’m not understanding you, you are not saying Brady could say something racial and get away with it are you?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure your timeline is correct.

I could be mistaken, but I don't recall much social activism or politics back then. He was still trying to win his first title at that time.

I do remember a metric shit ton of criticism he took for how he left Cleveland and for putting together his own ''superteam''. Followed by criticism for the excuses he and others came up with when they failed that 1st season.

I don't think the social activism really started until the 2nd stint with the Cavs and may have been after they got their title.

You are right about that.

But everything that has happened since certainly shapes Wade’s opinion today.

LeBron can do nothing right in the eyes of many people.