• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking somewhere in the middle.

Barnes, Trent and OG and a couple 1st's or Barnes, OG, salary filler and more picks.

No way they would take Trent and Barnes + picks imo
The Nets are going to try and get a Gobert type deal.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal is gonna have to sign off on where he gets dealt eventually....and has a killer contract.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets are going to try and get a Gobert type deal.
But with WAY better players. Barnes is the centerpiece in that deal and OG is another nice piece then a ton of picks....I can buy that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Brooklyn says they have to have Barnes, Toronto should sub in some salary filler and keep OG.

Then this roster looks a lot different when you add in 1 more good player who can guard multiple positions well.

So BKN is taking Barnes, Trent, salary filler & picks? They would need a 3rd team, no way they take that.

Yeah. OG and Barnes are the minimum

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, love Maxey.

Ingram is better.
Right now. He is Ant Edwards level for me with a better supporting cast and a better jumper. 17.5 on 4.5 less shots per game than 21.5. I think both of those guys have the kind of upside where in 2-3 years we’re talking about them being better than Ingram. Or they don’t realize that upside. But Ingram is going to be 40-45 in 2 years when it’s time to re-up and the Nets could hope at that time (at the earliest) they’re back in the mix. If I’m the Nets, I value Maxey’s upside and Harris’s right now and let the 40 million walk in 24-25 to sign a FA. Maxey gives them a great player with big upside for cheap allowing them to maneuver to stay competitive while also freeing cap space. Just my opinion.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the suit wasn't bad enough.

check-this-dodge-viper-acr-inspired-by-nba-s-paolo-banchero-s-draft-night-d-g-suit-192824_1.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now. He is Ant Edwards level for me with a better supporting cast and a better jumper. 17.5 on 4.5 less shots per game than 21.5. I think both of those guys have the kind of upside where in 2-3 years we’re talking about them being better than Ingram. Or they don’t realize that upside. But Ingram is going to be 40-45 in 2 years when it’s time to re-up and the Nets could hope at that time (at the earliest) they’re back in the mix. If I’m the Nets, I value Maxey’s upside and Harris’s right now and let the 40 million walk in 24-25 to sign a FA. Maxey gives them a great player with big upside for cheap allowing them to maneuver to stay competitive while also freeing cap space. Just my opinion.
Maxey?

Ehhhhhhhhhh....

No, he's not Antman level.

He's above guys like Poole, Herro.

But, Edwards has potential franchise player type upside.

Maxey has potential All star upside.

To me, that looks like the difference between being Giannis and being Tatum.

One really good, the other GREAT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Maxey is playing with Embiid, Harden and Harris right? He isn't close to Ant, you are overvaluing him by a mile at this point in his career.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey?

Ehhhhhhhhhh....

No, he's not Antman level.

He's above guys like Poole, Herro.

But, Edwards has potential franchise player type upside.

Maxey has potential All star upside.

To me, that looks like the difference between being Giannis and being Tatum.

One really good, the other GREAT.
Agree to disagree. Put on Maxey tape during Covid when he was all the Sixers had. The kid is a gym rat. It’s unheard of for a dude to go from 28% to 42.5% from 3 in one off season. Calipari called him the most offensively gifted player he ever had. Dude is a bucket on his way to becoming a three level scorer. I don’t think this kid has a ceiling. If he went to some lottery team and could get 25-28 shots a night on a bad team he would be a 30+ point per game guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. Put on Maxey tape during Covid when he was all the Sixers had. The kid is a gym rat. It’s unheard of for a dude to go from 28% to 42.5% from 3 in one off season. Calipari called him the most offensively gifted player he ever had. Dude is a bucket on his way to becoming a three level scorer. I don’t think this kid has a ceiling. If he went to some lottery team and could get 25-28 shots a night on a bad team he would be a 30+ point per game guy.
Maybe in the future but right now he isn't on Ant's level. A dangerous weapon so far but having Harden and Embiid makes a HUUUGE difference, I think you are vastly underestimating that part of the equation. No question the kid can play, I don't think anyone would disagree.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Shanemansj13

Is that tweet you posted about the Kyrie deal from a legitimate outlet?

Those tweet have disappeared from both of our posts like Thanos snapped his freaking fingers.

tenor.gif
I can remember what tweet? I posted so many lol