• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest here....

I'm not taking Wiggy's side, I don't know his personal politics when it comes to guns.

But, here is a good chance he didn't even read the post.

@tlance could have said Merry Christmas and Wiggy would have hit the bullshit button.

Excellent point.

Have actually had a couple cordial conversations with him lately.

1 this morning in fact.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if its gonna happen. If the Kyrie trade happens and we end up getting another player (whether its Harris or Curry), we'd only have 1 roster spot left (provided no one else is traded). They're currently going after Thomas Bryant, who seems to be waiting to see what happens after the KD/Kyrie trades. Same applies for TJ Warren. It looks like they might try to put in a claim for Isaiah Roby as well. Point is, Melo seems to be pretty far down the Lakers list considering you keep hearing about them expressing interest in other talent while there is crickets around Melo
Not counting 2 way players we have 13 guys under contract.

RW and somebody else could be traded for Irving and most likely another player. So we have spots for 2 more players to get to 15.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creepy… lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying from the beginning that championships are built from the draft, selecting talented young players and keeping them, building a good-to-great defense, and sustaining a decent offense.

Trading away young players and future assets for FAs is a recipe for disaster in the long-term on a number of levels and the win-now mentality can get you in a heap of trouble that can hang around for years.

Granted they did win a championship by doing just that but now they are paying a heavy price by being stuck in lack-of and cap hell.

The way the icon has built a championship team wherever he has gone is to draft wisely, judiciously using FAs, to get a coaching staff who believes in the same pathway, and build your team based in defense as its foundation.

The Lakers are not on this path and only time will tell if they ever return to it to get the 18th Championship.
Ever? Obviously they will win another some day. Might even be from doing it the way they did in 2020.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude’s legacy is one of the best to ever lace them up and play in the NBA. Period. Full stop.
Right? What kind of 'legacy' does Barkley have? Dude was desperate for a ring and 'chased' one plenty. Never got one, KD has 2 FMVPs and maybe will have more.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but there is no legitimate reason anyone needs to own an assault rifle.

2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, not the right to own any weapon imaginable.

Our country needs to wake up. Unfortunately there are no leaders worth a damn to actually help fix our problems.

That’s like saying the first amendment is for quill and ink only

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like both the KD and Kyrie trades there could be 3 or more teams involved.

Ayton to a 3rd team
More pieces and assets in a Kyrie trade

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why shouldn't Lebron make it easier if he really has any intention of staying or wanting to stay? Isn't to say the deal should not be made if he wont commit.

If he is going to take less like Harden, then he would need to wait to see what he needed to sign for to create space. If they get Kyrie via trade, that point is moot really, and then he could extend if that is his intent.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is going to take less like Harden, then he would need to wait to see what he needed to sign for to create space. If they get Kyrie via trade, that point is moot really, and then he could extend if that is his intent.

You make the deal no matter what.

Banners hang forever

And 2 firsts at least 5 years from now won’t matter if the new laker big 3 delivers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why maybe LA should not go all in with no Lebron commitment. But I think I would if I were them.

Not sure this is entirely the same as the Cavs situation was. Cavs would have been trading nutjob Kyrie and getting PG. I guess you could argue makes it seem more like the cavs should have done it with no commitment. Problem is it's Cleveland and easily could have then lost both Lebron and PG with no FAs willing to come here.

It's not really all-in. It's an expiring contract and a pick for another expiring contract (at the core of the deal). At most, the Lakers lose a pick and a role player by swapping Kyrie in for Russ, and possibly gain a floor spacing wing in the process in Harris.