• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time in a while I've been really confused as to what the Spurs are doing. Keldon Johnson is good. Poeltl is solid. They had a high lottery pick with Sochan. Vassel and Walker are decent.

But I'm not sure what the plan is.
TANK for Wembdkjadfkdjfgadsga

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time in a while I've been really confused as to what the Spurs are doing. Keldon Johnson is good. Poeltl is solid. They had a high lottery pick with Sochan. Vassel and Walker are decent.

But I'm not sure what the plan is.
Me too.

You trade your best player when his replacement, Primo, is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Maybe it was a case of " We got this unexpected God Father offer and we couldn't resist " like OKC did with Paul George.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kid is really good, no doubt, and he is on a AMAZING contract.

But, three 1st?
I guess with Atlanta getting so close 2 years ago they think the time is now to go all-in. Two guys that can create their own shot is a great thing in this league, they have shooters around them.

That is a lot to give up, that is a package you need to win a championship for it to payoff imo

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

You trade your best player when his replacement, Primo, is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Maybe it was a case of " We got this unexpected God Father offer and we couldn't resist " like OKC did with Paul George.
Could this be the first time of Spurs hubris? They've been able to churn out talented guys out of nowhere for years. Maybe they feel they have someone next up? Still unsold at this time. They got a helluva deal, but short term is rough.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with Atlanta getting so close 2 years ago they think the time is now to go all-in. Two guys that can create their own shot is a great thing in this league, they have shooters around them.

That is a lot to give up, that is a package you need to win a championship for it to payoff imo
I also think Dejounte minimizes the fuckery of Trae on the defensive end.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this be the first time of Spurs hubris? They've been able to churn out talented guys out of nowhere for years. Maybe they feel they have someone next up? Still unsold at this time. They got a helluva deal, but short term is rough.
....maybe.

Let's see what they look like when the dust settles.

In fairness, they weren't even a playoff team with Murray.

But, it is baffling that they picked up Walker's option.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Poetl.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's unlikely, but he has a point. Kyrie opted in so that he doesn't lose $30 million and everyone seems to think that means the whole thing is over. Threatening to walk away from $30 million was Kyrie trying to create leverage. His next deal and the Nets not being willing to commit long term is what got this all started...they don't seem to be any closer to a deal than they were when he opted in.

Before he opted in, it looked like things were setting up so that the Nets only had the Lakers to deal with. It will be interesting to see what happens if negotiations continue and they still can't get a deal done. Do they cave, do the trade for Westbrook, tell him to stay home and be happy to get a couple of future 1sts...or do they keep trying to deal with him and let him walk for nothing?

This whole thing is so surreal. I can't remember a time where a player of Kyrie's caliber only had 1 team willing to trade for him and even that team wouldn't if they had a choice.
All that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it’s hubris it’s only cause teams were retarded in 2016

Murray was a projected top 10 pick for a reason and he just cratered on draft night

Multiple teams passed on him multiple times

He never should’ve been there to start with

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get that Atlanta/San Antontio swap for either side. For the Hawks, three 1st rounders for Murray is fairly steep. Plus, you've got Trae Young who seems to be the type that kinda needs the ball in his hands a lot. For the Spurs, Murray is a fine, young all star caliber player. You're really gonna give up on him this soon just so you can tank for Wembanyama? With how the NBA does lottery odds now, you could easily end up 4th or 5th place despite you best tanking efforts. Seems to me like there's ways to tank and still keep Murray.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3