• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the Cavs taking Evans brother. I was hoping they'd at least consider that.
I think its smart to a certain extent. They had extra 2nd round picks. If it works great.

It is a young team- and I hate just taking up a spot if they could have a veteran leader- but if he can give them some minutes then I am fine.

I dont want just a mascot.

most draft experts had him in the mid 2nd round so its fine. We shall see. Maybe he develops into a guy off the bench someday. If not its a low cost move.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its smart to a certain extent. They had extra 2nd round picks. If it works great.

It is a young team- and I hate just taking up a spot if they could have a veteran leader- but if he can give them some minutes then I am fine.

most draft experts had him in the mid 2nd round so its fine. We shall see. Maybe he develops into a guy off the bench someday. If not its a low cost move.
Keeps Evan happy and you want to do that. It helps he is better Giannis' brother.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz hired Hardy.....a 34yo. Gotta think he's the kid who is gonna take the fall for this rebuild as they trade Mitchell and Gobert. Maybe Conley too. Or maybe they keep Conley and Bog.....who knows?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't figure that out? Really?

They were right because everyone else knew and they went along with what everyone else was saying. It didn't take any investigation or even talking to anyone. They just had to repeat what everyone else was saying.

Plaschke was the only one spewing the Rambi stuff until LakeShowLife and Stephen A repeated it. Cowherd used to say it too, then he had Oram on and hasn't said it since.
AND you do the exact same thing with Oram and Woj. You parrot what they say because you trust their record of disseminating the truth. And how do you know it is the truth? Because the evidence usually bears-out what was published. So if Jeanine Buss tells Oram that Kurt Rambis is not involved in personnel decisions any longer, how do you know that to be true? The answer is the evidence corroborates it it to be true eventually. I am surprised you didn't figure that out? Seriously?

So in the case of the Rambi no longer being involved in personnel decisions, we will know that answer to be true when we see the reports from Ham and others like Pelinka that Rambis had nothing to do with personnel decisions going forward or he is not pulling a hall monitor on coaching meetings or he has vacated his office. Things of that nature. The trades will get better and the roster will improve.

Why? Because we know that Rambis, like Magic have proven they know little on how to build rosters that consistently win. Sort of like the difference between what they did and what Jerry West did wherever he went.

So you telling me stop reading something is really just bush-league bullshit that I have little repsect for and I certainly expected something entirely different from you. But like my Illegitamate sources, I have been schooled about you I suppose.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall is going to be 32 when the season starts and has played just 113 games since 2017 season.

He should be healthy and could have a really good season as the #3 option on the Clippers. If they're healthy (yeah, I know)......watch out for the Clipps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he'll be a mascot. I think you'll end up liking him. Works hard, has the same skill set his brother has, he just isn't as talented. He's fairly physical too.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah

They are apparently holding their cards for next year.

Disappointing.

I don't know that eating 19 million for NY is only worth 2 second rounders so I'm guessing this is a continuation of the first deal.

Troy Weaver really really really likes Jalen Duren. Goodness
So far, Weaver is rebuilding the right way.

Detroit finally has something to look forward to.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz hired Hardy.....a 34yo. Gotta think he's the kid who is gonna take the fall for this rebuild as they trade Mitchell and Gobert. Maybe Conley too. Or maybe they keep Conley and Bog.....who knows?
Get rid of everyone and start over.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall is going to be 32 when the season starts and has played just 113 games since 2017 season.

He should be healthy and could have a really good season as the #3 option on the Clippers. If they're healthy (yeah, I know)......watch out for the Clipps.
#3?

Lmao

Kawhi, George, Powell, Jackson, Morris ---------> Wall.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: Brunson
SG: Fournier
SF: Barrett
PF: Randle
C: Robinson

bench: Quickley, Gibson, Obi Toppin????

this team wont do shit
Don't forget Barrett is up for his extension too.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I'd offer him Tim Hardaway money.

But, how's that gonna play when you give Brunson 27 plus?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are deep with possibly Jackson, Morris and Powell all coming off the bench. Think Wall starts over Jackson.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll start most likely and be the #3 behind Leonard and PG.

Jackson is better suited to coming off the bench.
You are insane....lol

He could start.

If he is the #3 scorer, we are fucked.

That means either Mook, Jackson, Powell....maybe even Kennard has been traded or is broken.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rely on Powell as a 3rd option more than Wall

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are deep with possibly Jackson, Morris and Powell all coming off the bench. Think Wall starts over Jackson.

Wall won't get enough shots to be the 3rd leading scorer with the starters.

Reggie Jackson is a shoot 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last pg.

Do you know how many points he averaged starting with Kawhi and George in 2020-21?

10.7 ppg.

Wall gets the Pat Bev role, minus the cookoo.