• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But he has what? 3 or 4 years lefton his deal? Maybe he decides to give it a season with Brogdon, Hield and Simmons. I don't know if that could get them a finals berth, but I'll bet they'd do better than getting swept in the first round.
I think GH and Rozier is better than that from Indy.

Rozier could be a real #2....Brog and Hield aren't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GH and Rozier to the Nets. 1 of the Lakers picks.

RW and 1 of the Lakers picks to Hornets.

Irving to the Lakers.
Again: Why would the Nets want this?

If you are losing Kyrie, you are losing KD too.

Gordon and Rozier couldn't get to the playoffs with Lamelo.

You think they will with Simmons?

It would be a fire sale and they wouldn't want long contracts that keep them from completely sucking ass.

There is a kid coming out next year that will eclipse the Zion hype.

* Nobody will be more hyped than LeBron *.

If you don't know who Victor Wmbenyamas is, let me enlighten you.

The Tanks will be out in masses.

When you see something you’ve never seen before it can feel like your eyes are playing tricks on you.

Watching Victor Wembanyama reach up and dunk the ball with no apparent effort is one of those moments – a moment to hit pause, rewind and watch that shiz like 6 times in a row trying to figure out what just happened.

And when you see him drain a step-back 3-pointer with his long 7-foot 8-inch wingspan sweeping up and forward and reaching half way to the rim it’s mesmerizing and confusing.

It looks like he’s playing on an 8-foot hoop.

Victor is often called the greatest prospect since AD or since LeBron and that praise is very much warranted.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Paul and Westbrook were traded for each other.

At this point I think teams are going to have learned from the Lakers’ Westbrook fiasco in trading for a contract of that annual salary. They didn’t really give up any meaningful assets for him yet still ended up looking bad in doing so.

They got traded for each other once. They then got traded in separate deals after that. And Westbrook might get traded again. No deal is unmovable any more. It's just a matter of the price to move it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys of all the players in the NBA to do this, I'd pick him. Still, I'm skeptical. Won't believe it until I see that he opts out.

But holy shit if he does it, lol. Lakers have been reluctant to include picks in a Westbrook deal but if they get Kyrie for the mle, they damn well better throw out 1 first round pick with Westbrook for any combination of role players they can get. Doesn't matter who. Kyrie and 2 or 3 role players is a massive upgrade from last season

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys of all the players in the NBA to do this, I'd pick him. Still, I'm skeptical. Won't believe it until I see that he opts out.

But holy shit if he does it, lol. Lakers have been reluctant to include picks in a Westbrook deal but if they get Kyrie for the mle, they damn well better throw out 1 first round pick with Westbrook for any combination of role players they can get. Doesn't matter who. Kyrie and 2 or 3 role players is a massive upgrade from last season
Yep.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is a different cat, TJ12 mentioned it a few days ago....he could be the one guy who leaves a lot of cash on the table to go where he wants and get paid summer.
If he was totally open to that, he wouldn't have asked to seek sign and trades with other teams too.

That is the nuclear option.

But, he does seem like the cut off your nose to spite your face type.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby came home and started crying....Amiya heard it and woke up. She got the baby.IMG_20220627_130321~2.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm the Nets, I'm calling his bluff if I don't get a sign and trad that I like.

But, yeah....

Kyrie would be the guy to go the nuclear route.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to deal RW for just about anything if Irving signs for 6 mill.

No way we could start RW and Irving in the same backcourt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Like you, won't believe until I see it (and I'll probably need to see it from several sources)...but it is Kyrie.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well…

He isn’t getting a first rounder for Brogdon unless he takes back a worse contract.

What he “wants” doesn’t matter.
Knicks, bro.

If they whiff on Brunson, they will pivot to Brogdon in desperation.

Different regime.

But, this is the same Organization that gave up a 1st for Andrea Barganini... Lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then we flip RW for a few role players and include a pick, maybe 2.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Okoige didn't get a qualifying offer?

Horrible, offensively.

Good wing defense.

Da fuq?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Tweet above your post.

Jake Fischer.

That still doesn't change anything as far as opting out being the nuclear option. Of course he will try to see if a sign and trade can be done, he gets to to keep $30 million.

If the Nets decide to call his bluff, we will see just how badly he really wants out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just had a baby....trying to help her out....

Actually had a decent time Sat night...hadn't seen Despicable Me in a while....

View attachment 300371
Do you take pictures of all your meals?

This is like food PO RN.

jim-levenstein-american-pie.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still doesn't change anything as far as opting out being the nuclear option. Of course he will try to see if a sign and trade can be done, he gets to to keep $30 million.

If the Nets decide to call his bluff, we will see just how badly he really wants out.
Believe the 29th is the date he has to opt in.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easily. Hell throw in 2 to get all the pieces you need. You worry about post Lebron, post Lebron