• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what a Miami-Utah trade would look like?

Miami gets Mitchell

Utah gets Herro, D Robinson, 2 1st's

Salaries don't match, they don't have a lot on the books for 22-23
Why would Miami want a volume shooter that is a dog as a defender? Mitchell is the antithesis of Heat culture.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to love Herro, same job description. Robinson too really.
Robinson has been DNP CD up until last night in the playoffs. And they bring Herro off of the bench because he’s a poor defender. If they’re turning away from Herro why would they bring in a dude with the same game but not as good of a jump shooter?!?!? Makes no sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Miami want a volume shooter that is a dog as a defender? Mitchell is the antithesis of Heat culture.
Is Robinson or Herro Heat culture? Not everyone one the team is going to be a + defender. Mitchell is a better defender than Herro and DRob

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Robinson or Herro Heat culture? Not everyone one the team is going to be a + defender. Mitchell is a better defender than Herro and DRob
That’s like saying you’d rather have chlymidia than herpes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville can't get rid of the stink of Urban Meyer.

Josh Lambo, who said Urban Meyer kicked him at practice, files lawsuit against Jaguars

He is suing the team for his '21 salary and emotional distress. Part of the suit claims after Meyer kicked him he couldn't sleep, practice normally or perform that the level he's capable of.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s like saying you’d rather have chlymidia than herpes.
So Mitchell isn't a better offensive player? lol.

You have to account he will have more help and better teammates. Utah really has nothing special outside of Mitchell. Conley is a good defender but he isn't the same player. Bog is the only guy.

The fact is he would fine next to Jimmy. Is it a perfect fit? Nope.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mitchell isn't a better offensive player? lol.

You have to account he will have more help and better teammates. Utah really has nothing special outside of Mitchell. Conley is a good defender but he isn't the same player. Bog is the only guy.

The fact is he would fine next to Jimmy. Is it a perfect fit? Nope.
He’s not a fit for them at all. He dominates the ball and is an inefficient player. His presence would serve to negate Jimmy Butler’s value. The two players you called out in Herro and Robinson are both higher percentage shooters and play better off the ball than on the ball. I haven’t even mentioned Lowry yet. He has zero role if they add Mitchell. This would be a perfect example of an organization adding a name guy regardless of fit. That’s what dumb organizations do and I don’t think the Heat are a dumb organization. This move would really surprise me on their end.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not a fit for them at all. He dominates the ball and is an inefficient player. His presence would serve to negate Jimmy Butler’s value. The two players you called out in Herro and Robinson are both higher percentage shooters and play better off the ball than on the ball. I haven’t even mentioned Lowry yet. He has zero role if they add Mitchell. This would be a perfect example of an organization adding a name guy regardless of fit. That’s what dumb organizations do and I don’t think the Heat are a dumb organization. This move would really surprise me on their end.
I don't deny any of that but there are many players we have said the exact same thing about but when you put them in a different situation, things change. Brandon Ingram, Andrew Wiggins-both inefficient, ball stoppers that found a role and accepted it.

Would you rather have Herro and Robinson at $42+M or Mitchell at $30M? Robinson is unplayable right now even though he is a great shooter. Mitchell is obviously way more talented and CAPABLE of playing defense. Plus, they have enough defense on that team around him to make it work. Last year Mitchell shot 39% from 3 on 9 3's a game. That is pretty good, factoring in the amount of attention from Butler, Lowry and Bam he will have more open looks. I don't think it's a dumb move, they would look to improve and actually save money long-term, at least next two years. Herro extended will probably make almost as much as Mitchell and he is definitely an upgrade.

Miami plays small with Bam anyway, with Struss, Herro or Vincent
1 - Lowry 2 - Mitchell 3 Butler 4 Tucker 5 Bam

I wouldn't want to face that team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson has been DNP CD up until last night in the playoffs. And they bring Herro off of the bench because he’s a poor defender. If they’re turning away from Herro why would they bring in a dude with the same game but not as good of a jump shooter?!?!? Makes no sense.

We're talking 6th man of the year Herro. That's his role. His minutes are down a little (about 5/game) in the playoffs, but starters always go deeper in the playoffs. They're not turning away from Herro. Now Robinson, yes his role has faded but they paid him well to keep him. Caleb Martin and Oladipo (now that he's healthy) have taken his minutes.

MItchell is a more complete player though. Regardless, the Jazz don't move Mitchell unless they can't move Gobert IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are overvaluing Donovan Mitchell. I don’t think he’s a great player. I just think he came on to a team that had little scoring when he came into the league and he could Chuck 25 a game. So people now think he’s good. Give the top 1/3 of the league that many looks a game and they’ll likely be more productive than he.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville can't get rid of the stink of Urban Meyer.

Josh Lambo, who said Urban Meyer kicked him at practice, files lawsuit against Jaguars

He is suing the team for his '21 salary and emotional distress. Part of the suit claims after Meyer kicked him he couldn't sleep, practice normally or perform that the level he's capable of.

Lambo not exactly coming off well either. Emotional distress over a kick from a 57 year old coach has affected him that deeply? Not only that, Meyer held back Lambo's participation trophy...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are overvaluing Donovan Mitchell. I don’t think he’s a great player. I just think he came on to a team that had little scoring when he came into the league and he could Chuck 25 a game. So people now think he’s good. Give the top 1/3 of the league that many looks a game and they’ll likely be more productive than he.
I'm not saying he is a star player like some people thought when he was going off in the playoffs a year or two ago but he is an all-star player. You upgrade when you can. The fit isn't as bad as you believe.

I am with Shopson though, they only look to move him if they can't move Gobert for reasonable assets. I think there will be suitors for Gobert but a hell of a lot more for Mitchell.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he is a star player like some people thought when he was going off in the playoffs a year or two ago but he is an all-star player. You upgrade when you can. The fit isn't as bad as you believe.

I am with Shopson though, they only look to move him if they can't move Gobert for reasonable assets. I think there will be suitors for Gobert but a hell of a lot more for Mitchell.
Giving up assets for Mitchell is a Knicks move. It looks sexy. It sells tickets. It ends in failure.