• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably chose ESPN since he lives in Brooklyn and can work out of their NYC studio. NBATV/Turner does all the stuff in Atlanta. Plus, I'm happy he's with ESPN because they needed to step their game up. Looks like they're at least making a half attempt at improving their coverage with hires like him, Richard Jefferson, and Chiney Ogwumike. And they've been giving much more airtime to Tim Legler this season too. Hell, even Perk has toned down the idiocy and has had some decent takes.
Yeah i get that but let's save him for the real nba shows then. First take is a horrible show if you want to talk actual basketball. He should be a permanent fixture on their daily nba show and also be on one of those pregame studio show

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I left LA, my top 3 choices were AZ, OKC and Vegas.

Vegas is a cesspool and have horrible school districts.

OKC only lost out to AZ because of the treat of tornados.

Sadly, I didn't account for the monsoons or the fact that half of California residents seems to have migrated here around the same time.

At least I got to keep my assault rifles...lol
Wow, well you definitely could have brought the assault rifles here lol. OKC is a great city. The tornados are overblown but I get it, it is something to look out for a few times a year. I’ve seen one in all my years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, well you definitely could have brought the assault rifles here lol. OKC is a great city. The tornados are overblown but I get it, it is something to look out for a few times a year. I’ve seen one in all my years.

I think there are a couple of similarities between earthquakes and tornados. There's no ''earthquake weather'' like there is for tornados. So you really can't ''prepare for an earthquake'' or get out of it's way and you don't really know when, where or how bad it will be. From what I understand about tornados, other than knowing the conditions are right, it's kind of the same. Little to no warning. At least re: where it first hits.

I've definitely experienced more than 1 earthquake though. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a couple of similarities between earthquakes and tornados. There's no ''earthquake weather'' like there is for tornados. So you really can't ''prepare for an earthquake'' or get out of it's way and you don't really know when, where or how bad it will be. From what I understand about tornados, other than knowing the conditions are right, it's kind of the same. Little to no warning. At least re: where it first hits.

I've definitely experienced more than 1 earthquake though. lol
The warning system has gotten better. I make fun of them for taking over the airwaves at times but the news stations here do a fantastic job. Tons of storm chasers out showing real time video and last night there was footage from a helicopter showing multiple tornadoes dropping down at the same time. They do a great job of warning people and it’s big business around here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warning system has gotten better. I make fun of them for taking over the airwaves at times but the news stations here do a fantastic job. Tons of storm chasers out showing real time video and last night there was footage from a helicopter showing multiple tornadoes dropping down at the same time. They do a great job of warning people and it’s big business around here.

That's good to see. I know part of the reason storm chasing became a thing was to try to get people earlier warnings. Used to be, a tornado could be right on top of folks before they could get to their shelters.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I left LA, my top 3 choices were AZ, OKC and Vegas.

Vegas is a cesspool and have horrible school districts.

OKC only lost out to AZ because of the treat of tornados.

Sadly, I didn't account for the monsoons or the fact that half of California residents seems to have migrated here around the same time.

At least I got to keep my assault rifles...lol
We might be headed to Vegas. The wife isn't loving the weather in Nashville. And I'm not a huge fan of tornadoes either.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably chose ESPN since he lives in Brooklyn and can work out of their NYC studio. NBATV/Turner does all the stuff in Atlanta. Plus, I'm happy he's with ESPN because they needed to step their game up. Looks like they're at least making a half attempt at improving their coverage with hires like him, Richard Jefferson, and Chiney Ogwumike. And they've been giving much more airtime to Tim Legler this season too. Hell, even Perk has toned down the idiocy and has had some decent takes.
Really like Redick and have always liked Legs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i get that but let's save him for the real nba shows then. First take is a horrible show if you want to talk actual basketball. He should be a permanent fixture on their daily nba show and also be on one of those pregame studio show
He probably will get promoted to that eventually but he's still fairly new to the business.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be headed to Vegas. The wife isn't loving the weather in Nashville. And I'm not a huge fan of tornadoes either.
Be sure and get something with a guest house I can stay in when I’m in town

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you move like every 6 months lol. The next destination you probably want to think things through

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not able to hear it now....cliff notes?

I do listen to 92.3 often. Kind of hoping Jason Lloyd gets Bull's job.
I wish Lloyd would too but hes not leaving the Athletic

its during their Around the AFC North Segment....they have a Pittsburgh guy on and whenever he starts talking about Kenny Picket they do a laugh track and make fun of his hands. The 3rd time they do it the guy just hangs up. Its great.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop exaggerating Shane...he only moves every 8 months. lol
Nope.

Lived in Montana just over 2 years and been here just about 6 months. Won't move to Vegas until next May or so if we do.