• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 MLB Draft July 17-19 - An Extensive Look At Top Draft Prospects

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker and Porter most likely go into a lot of folks overall top 100 and in the Rangers top 5, I would think.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even if you do all of those things, there are still many other factors that can work against a team's ability to create sustained success.

Running a baseball team is really, really hard.
Then there is bad timing in some cases and what some would deem bad luck.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is bad timing in some cases and what some would deem bad luck.

yep. injuries and running into a hot team in October are good examples. and not every player pans out. looking at that list of first overall picks, there were a few that I had never heard of.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of talent comes off the board on Day 2 of the Draft

ROUND 4

Pick 3 (109th overall): Rangers, Brock Porter, RHP, St. Mary’s Prep (Mich.) HS (No. 11):
Texas worked its strategy to perfection. The Rangers shocked many by taking Kumar Rocker at No. 3 overall Sunday, but the organization, which lacked a second- and third-round pick, looks primed to use the bonus-pool savings on MLB Pipeline’s top pitcher in this class. Porter already throws in the mid-90s, touches 100 and shows an above-average slider and plus changeup. He was Gatorade’s National Player of the Year after posting a 0.41 ERA with 115 strikeouts in 58 innings.

ROUND 7

Pick 3 (199th overall): Rangers, Luis Ramirez, RHP, Long Beach State (No. 143):
Shoulder issues may have kept Ramirez out of the first five rounds, but when he’s on, he has the three-pitch mix and solid control to belong in that conversation. His best asset might be a low-90s sinking fastball that generated ground balls at a rate around 60%.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"First and foremost, I consider it a blessing to be in this situation to begin with, because not many high schoolers my age are getting looked at like that,” Specht, 17, said this week before flying to Arlington, Texas, for a workout with the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Field. “Even though it is a lot of pressure, I just try to focus on what I can control, and that’s giving my best attitude and my best effort.

“What I’ve learned through this whole process is not all 30 Major League teams are going to like you. If you stick to your game and not try to change for someone else, there are going to be a few teams willing to take you. It only takes one. I’m going to continue to play my game and trust that someone is going to like it enough to take me.”

Baseball America listed Specht as one of the 36 standout performers from last fall’s Perfect Game World Wood Bat Association Championships in Jupiter, Fla., based on his performance with the Cincinnati Reds’ Scout team. The publication also ranked him among the nation’s top 50 high school players in his class, and ESPN had him in its top 100.

...Specht already ranks among the elite in his high school graduating class in several key measurables. According to the Cedar Rapids-based Perfect Game USA scouting service, his outfield throwing velocity of 96 mph ranks in the 99.3 percentile, his 60-yard dash time of 6.4 seconds ranks in the 98.59 percentile, and his bat exit velocity of 104 mph ranks in the 99.87 percentile.

“He’s a five-tool player, no question about it,” Dahm said. “He hits, he hits with power, he can run, he has tremendous arm strength … that doesn’t come along very often. You add all of that with his mental make-up, and he’s a pretty special player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After graduating early from high school, Dubuque native Tommy Specht joined the Clinton Lumberkings, a college wood bat league, for the summer baseball season. Speech wanted to get some valuable at-bat during his senior summer and partially experience what it could be like to be a pro one day.

Speech is getting that shot.

The Texas Rangers selected Speech in the sixth round of the MLB Draft on Monday. The speech, graduating from Dubuque Wahlert High School, was 169th overall. Speech has been a long time coming, widely regarded as one of the top prep players across the state for the past few years.

Left-handed hitting and right-handed throwing outfielders have been on the radar of big league teams for quite some time now. Speech, a Perfect Game All-American selection in 2021, was a star on the Wahlert and showcase circuits. During his 18-game stint with Wahlert in his junior season, Specht hit .439/.535/.702 with five doubles, two triples and two home runs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After graduating early from high school, Dubuque native Tommy Specht joined the Clinton Lumberkings, a college wood bat league, for the summer baseball season. Speech wanted to get some valuable at-bat during his senior summer and partially experience what it could be like to be a pro one day.

Speech is getting that shot.

The Texas Rangers selected Speech in the sixth round of the MLB Draft on Monday. The speech, graduating from Dubuque Wahlert High School, was 169th overall. Speech has been a long time coming, widely regarded as one of the top prep players across the state for the past few years.

Left-handed hitting and right-handed throwing outfielders have been on the radar of big league teams for quite some time now. Speech, a Perfect Game All-American selection in 2021, was a star on the Wahlert and showcase circuits. During his 18-game stint with Wahlert in his junior season, Specht hit .439/.535/.702 with five doubles, two triples and two home runs.
Like what I am reading about this guy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JRod exploded first round. Going to be tonight for Seager to beat. This is good news for me. Protection

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager is out he hit a bunch
But Julio looks hard to beat unless he burned himself out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come to Texas

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw an article that had 6 trade scenarios (none of them covered us) and the cost in trade pieces were beyond anything we could offer

Nats are more or less screwed. Either they take far less value in trade, pay an ungodly amount, or let him walk.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although MLBTradeRumors has us #2 between #3 Boston and #1 NY Yankees.

but Soto is probably looking at maybe only 2 or 3 teams he wants to play for and i think those are the Yankees, the Mets and the Dodgers