• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickens has one of the lowest drop rates in this class however. If he can stay healthy, he is a legit WR1 in the NFL

He has had some immaturity issues that plagued him in both freshman and sophomore years. I know it's nitpicking, but he cost his team twice with irresponsible personal penalties.

Freshman year at an opponents field, he got into a fight during the game when they were in the red-zone and about to score. He got ejected and flipped off the crowd as he exited the field because the boos rained down.

In his sophomore year, an offensive opponent was tackled out of bounds on the Georgia sideline. Pickens took a water bottle, gestured hiking his leg over the player while squirting that player with the water. It gave the opponent am automatic first down for that unsportsmanlike penalty.

I don't remember either opponent, but I was watching both games.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had some immaturity issues that plagued him in both freshman and sophomore years. I know it's nitpicking, but he cost his team twice with irresponsible personal penalties.

Freshman year at an opponents field, he got into a fight during the game when they were in the red-zone and about to score. He got ejected and flipped off the crowd as he exited the field because the boos rained down.

In his sophomore year, an offensive opponent was tackled out of bounds on the Georgia sideline. Pickens took a water bottle, gestured hiking his leg over the player while squirting that player with the water. It gave the opponent am automatic first down for that unsportsmanlike penalty.

I don't remember either opponent, but I was watching both games.

Most WR's are like TO and not Calvin Johnson though.
Super diva position to say the least. But I understand the concerns.
Lions are a team that have what looks to be a good coach for the first time in awhile but absolutely zero talent.
Gotta go talent and hope Campbell can be a good role model for him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance Jordan Davis falls to us in the first round?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are a team that have what looks to be a good coach for the first time in awhile but absolutely zero talent.

He was 18 and 19 years old, but that doesn't justify his actions. He's known to be a highly emotional player, but maybe he's calmed down now because Kirby Smart is every bit of a disciplinarian that Saban is and Kirby was under Saban's tutelage for 5 or 6 years, if not more.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance Jordan Davis falls to us in the first round?

You never know, but I don't see them spending a pick on a NT after drafting McNeil last year. It's not like Davis is a Sackmaster. He's a gap plugging, run stuffing phenom. Now, if the roster was nearly complete then I could see Holmes upgrading John Penisini with the selection of Davis. I don't see it happening.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most WR's are like TO

To which is why the majority aren't worthy of spending the ridiculous amount of money they're receiving unless you know, without a doubt, that your roster is ready for a 3-4 year run at the playoffs.

You might as well get used to roster churning like the Packer's and Patriots use and that includes most WR when they become too expensive to keep. The Rams have two more years at their ridiculous spending level before it sends them downward for years to come. Is it worth it? The owners know they'll reap the rewards for those 2-4 years, so they don't care about the afterwards. It's all about those Benjamin's and that goes all the way up to the GM, Vice President, President etc.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super diva position to say the least.

Example
He must've pissed off the new GM/HC already or maybe he was a problem last year too.

Toney, a former Florida Gator, was a first-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft by the Giants. He caught 39 passes for 420 yards in 10 games, four of which he started.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Corral is dropping like a rock due to off-field issues.

I haven't read anything to that alleged statement.

The 50 question Wonderlic test is supposedly being dropped next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pride of Detroit must be reading @Mebert posts. You know, because as you stated earlier in this heap of draft posts, your takes are usually correct (I'm not perusing to find that statement either, but I remember it and sometimes agree).

Short term need: 2/10
Long-term need: 4/10

And while I don’t agree with it, there is an argument to be made that the Lions should consider preparing for life without Decker. The argument goes that because Decker will be 29 before the season starts, he could very well be on his last contract in Detroit. Because of that, the Lions should consider trading him while his value is high and Detroit’s status is still rebuilding. The Lions may not be true competitors during the span of Decker’s remaining contract, so why not move him, get a high draft pick in return, and draft his replacement immediately? There’s some sense to this move, but it is a high-risk decision given that Decker is both a very talented left tackle and an ideal culture fit.

Day 1/Day 2 options: NC State’s Ikem Ekwonu, Alabama’s Evan Neal, Mississippi State’s Charles Cross

If Detroit decides to go the bold route, Ekwonu would likely be the pick. He’s a frisky player and a run mauler—in a very similar way that endeared Sewell to this coaching staff. That said, Detroit would probably prefer to move Sewell to left tackle in this instance because Ekwonu is still developing as a pass protector. But if Detroit wants to focus more on the run game—and there are plenty of reasons to believe so—Ekwonu’s ridiculous athleticism would big a big-time help.

Late-round options: Southern Utah’s Braxton Jones, TCU’s Obinna Eze, Arizona State’s Kellen Diesch

If the Lions don’t take an offensive tackle early, chances are they won’t bother in the mid rounds, either. So, instead, let’s just look at some late-round options who project as career backups.

Jones may not make to the Lions’ late fifth-round pick, but he’d be an absolute steal there. The Lions coached him at the Senior Bowl, and he’s got athleticism for days. He’s a two-time All American at the FCS level. He’s got all the physical tools to be a starter in this league, but due to his low level of competition, he’ll need some development. The Lions are a great fit because he can sit behind two outstanding tackles for the first couple years of his career.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Pauline, “Word is there’s a very real possibility the Seattle Seahawks move into the back end of Round 1 and grab their quarterback of the future.”

Adding, insiders say it’s a “definite” that the Seahawks draft offensive tackle Trevor Penning at No. 9. So Seattle’s quarterback pick will likely come with its second pick after they trade up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

Lions would need Seahawks 2022 No. 40, No. 109 and 2023 5th round

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have rather had TO than Calvin.

TO played with broken bones and loved to block for his teammates. Who is the bigger diva is up for debate there imo.

TO isn’t a quittin assed pussy.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have rather had TO than Calvin.

TO played with broken bones and loved to block for his teammates. Who is the bigger diva is up for debate there imo.

TO isn’t a quittin assed pussy.

I think Calvin smokes weed which makes most people underachievers in general.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read back to back articles from paid professional sports journalists. The kind of sports journalists who we let decide who wins awards and in previous cases who decided who won championships. If anyone is supposed to know what teams are thinking it's these guys. They even both had unnamed sources "inside the organization" to back up their stories.

First article said that Campbell and Holmes did not consider Thibodeaux an option at all, they were turned off by his attitude in interviews and did not see him as fitting the culture in Detroit.

The next article says the Lions and Campbell are in love with Thibodeaux, have him at the very top of their draft board and would still take him @ #2 even if Hutchinson fell to them.

Isn't this time of year fun.

Also about 90% of the mocks I'm seeing have either Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd falling out of the first round. I would love either of them at 32. However it seems every single mock I see from everyone has the Lions taking a QB at 32. I dont like Goff one bit, but besides Willis I don't see any of these other QB's having an upside much beyond Goff.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Calvin smokes weed which makes most people underachievers in general.

Fucking biased comment by you.

I would guess that 10+ %, if not more than that, of the players in the NFL smoke weed and more than likely numerous high-profile players. Don't come back with the, but they'd all be caught with all the substance abuse testing that goes on in the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due diligence only?

Jordan Palmer and T.J. Houshmandzadeh helped conduct London's pro day, which featured scouts representing the Arizona Cardinals, Washington Commanders, San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets, Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans and Detroit Lions, among others. Detroit's senior personnel executive, John Dorsey, who has the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, also was in attendance.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
87. Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois, 6-1, 203 (DNR)

Joseph was the first Illini safety since 1989 to earn first-team All-Big Ten honors, and he did it in his one full season as a starter. A late bloomer, he elected to not run a 40 at the combine or his pro day. He has top-level ball skills, is smooth in coverage and has the length (a 79½-inch arm span) of a lineman.

BB_72: @Old Lion boy, right here. I think he's better suited for the FS role. I wouldn't be upset if Holmes went this route, at No. 97, as he was at Joseph's pro day.
Finding a box safety is much easier IMO. I am sure there is a late rounder or UDFA that could be found. Kerby is my backup pick if we dont go safety at 32/34( although I still think we trade out of 32 so there is a chance we go WR at 34).