• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, If true and that's a huge if, then we'll know Thursday night should Hutch get drafted no.1 overall and Thibs is obviously there at No. 2 and Holmes doesn't draft him. That will be the telling sign right there.

And that's the very first time I've read anything negative regarding Jermaine Johnson. I find that extremely suspicious with the timing.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, If true and that's a huge if, then we'll know Thursday night should Hutch get drafted no.1 overall and Thibs is obviously there at No. 2 and Holmes doesn't draft him. That will be the telling sign right there.

And that's the very first time I've read anything negative regarding Jermaine Johnson. I find that extremely suspicious with the timing.
Neither is really a Campbell kind of guy so the odds are against either getting here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase you should've posted these also seems as though you were perusing their website

Multiple team sources say that make-up concerns are weighing down the draft stock of Georgia wide receiver George Pickens. While teams like Pickens' tape and skill set, they feel he is going to slide at least into the second day of the 2022 NFL Draft because of character concerns.

"The Pickens' interview was horrible," said a NFC director of player personnel. "He's barely alive on our board and still could get dropped off."

A few other team sources said the character evaluation for Pickens was "terrible." While Pickens produced some good tape in 2020 and has a legit combination of size and speed, he tore his ACL in the spring of 2021. That caused him to miss the vast majority of the 2021 season except for a few games to close out the season.

"He could go lower, but the third round is probably the most viable for Pickens," said an AFC director of college scouting.

Given the medical red flags to go with the major character concerns, Pickens could be in store for a draft-day slide.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.

"He's off our board," said an AFC general manager whose team needs defensive tackle help. "If teams are okay with the character, I think he goes between No. 21-32. He has a lot of red flags."

An NFC director of player personnel from a team that needs defensive tackle help as well said Wyatt was off their board because of the domestic violence issues.

BB_72" kind of overblown, but what about possibilities down the road

After an argument began in Wyatt’s Vandiver Hall dorm room, the female left and walked to her dorm room in McWhorter Hall.

Wyatt followed behind and kicked the door multiple times to force it open.

Wyatt and the female indicated that they did not fear for their safety and were released Friday pending the completion of a follow-up investigation.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the case of Georgia wide receiver George Pickens, the whispers are getting louder. Bruce Feldman of The Athletic published an NFL Draft confidential piece today, and there are some unflattering–albeit anonymous–opinions about Pickens in it.

In the section on wide receivers, an unnamed receivers coach and an unidentified scout both cite Pickens as the most “boom or bust” prospect at his position. The scout says the former five-star recruit has “a lot of upside, but he can’t get out of his own way.”

The wide receivers coach, meanwhile, claims Pickens has “some issues.” Yet another wide receivers coach added that Pickens has “just so many red flags, and they’re big red flags.”

“He’s got some growing up to do,” that second wideouts coach said.

Again, it is important to remember that these quotes are anonymous, which will automatically make them meaningless to some people. However, it seems like this assessment of Pickens isn’t uncommon in the scouting and coaching community.

It’s also worth wondering if quotes like these are why NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein, a respected draft analyst, said over the weekend he expects the Georgia product to fall in the draft.

“I think Pickens goes a lot later than people think. I think he goes in the 40’s, maybe even 50’s,” Zierlein said on The Athletic football show.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of juicy info coming out now. I bet most of the 1st round goes nothing like expected.

:10:

Every damn year is nearly the same. The media pundits rarely get 25% of players/teams correct in 1st round.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

Every damn year is nearly the same. The media pundits rarely get 25% of players/teams correct in 1st round.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I keep telling my other friends this. They still insist on sharing every single mock they come across w me trying to prove their points for the guy they want at 2. This year it’s been Thibodeaux.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep telling my other friends this. They still insist on sharing every single mock they come across w me trying to prove their points for the guy they want at 2. This year it’s been Thibodeaux.

Thibs on-field play as a football player and then add in his athletic traits is a no-brainer, but what about the chatter off the field? If all that off the field chatter is correct, then I'm a heavy pass.

Hutch is the safest pick if he's available.
Thibs is the HIGH risk, high reward.

Choose your poison.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read from three different sports papers where the following players are dropping towards last quarter of 1st round to end of round 1 and two or three of these players may end up in early second round. I didn't save the article and one is from USA Today Sports, but it was subscriber only/

1. Treylon Burks
2. Tyler Linderbaum
3. Nakobe Dean
4. George Karlaftis
5. Andrew Booth

That would be an incredible haul to get KT and Karlaftis with the 1st two picks. Quay Walker with the 3rd and Pickens with the 4th and call it a day.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs on-field play as a football player and then add in his athletic traits is a no-brainer, but what about the chatter off the field? If all that off the field chatter is correct, then I'm a heavy pass.

I find it interesting that you didn't hear any of those rumors about KT until after the college football season was over and draft season started. Then BOOOOM KT is a selfish player, lazy etc etc. Probably floated around by some NY media outlets so falls and the Giants can grab him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that you didn't hear any of those rumors about KT until after the college football season was over and draft season started. Then BOOOOM KT is a selfish player, lazy etc etc. Probably floated around by some NY media outlets so falls and the Giants can grab him.

Incorrect as some of the rumors for selfish, lazy player began late September/early October, but those rumors were elevated come December and January.

I hate the rumor mills coming out days or a week or two before the draft. That type of move seems more clickbait to a website than anything else. The Pickens and J. Johnson rumors are suddenly only known and published this week? Yeah, right.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean will be off Lions board.

While size alone won’t be a concern for the Lions, his ability to stay healthy could be, and according to Albert Breer, some teams are very worried about that with Dean, who had a laundry list of injuries thus far:

Dean’s medical has come up with a few teams. There’s nothing disqualifying in there (he’s had a shoulder labrum repair, he’s got tendonitis and tearing in his knee, plus there was a pec and groin issue before his pro day … and there’s a laundry list beyond just that), but there’s plenty to sort through. And it’s making some wonder how, as a smaller linebacker, he’ll hold up in the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion will love this

Muma has Dan Campbell written all over him. He’s a high-effort, high-character player—and two-time captain—who also happens to bring all the physical traits to make it at the next level. A converted safety from high school, Muma is well above average in coverage (three interceptions last year), but he has a gritty mindset that helps him defend the run despite occasionally being overpowered.