• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge Rusher's

David Ojabo - Michigan (He didn't start playing football until junior year in H.S. Came to US from Scotland in 2007 and only played soccer and Basketball in his H.S. frosh/soph years. A Rutgers coach noticed him while playing soccer and suggested he try football) He's only a rSoph but I've been as equally impressed with his play this year as I have with Thibodeaux's play. No one has Thibodeaux's explosion/burst that I can tell. He's good to very good at run defending and at least average to slightly above average dropping into coverage.

Sam Williams - Ole Miss Watch his games against Bama, aTm and you'll see why. Solid versus the run and not solely a "pass rusher"

Kingsley Enagbare - Southy Carolina

Travon Walker - Georgia I see him as a BIG DE 6, 5, 4i tech 6'5 275 and drops into coverage fluidly.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, for me, would obviously be Drake London 1st with Treylon Burks 2nd

the others

homer choices;
Jameson Williams - Bama (he needs to learn to tuck the ball into his body after the catch) as he's had the ball punched out 3x this year - twice near the sideline and didn't lose possession but against aTm, he had the ball punched out inside aTm's 15 yard line when they needed a score and he lost possession. He not only possesses a 2nd gear but a turbo boost 3rd gear. He has reliable hands but the occasional drop has happened to him and teammate Metchie this year. Jameson wins on routes with speed and savvy footwork and body movements. I can envision Williams becoming a WR1 but not Metchie as the latter is more aligned with flanker, WR2.

Metchie has great body control and is really good at contested catches with multiple DB's around. He'll extend his arms and highpoint near sideline and still come down with the ball when he shouldn't be able to complete the catch. He doesn't have the burst or explosiveness that Williams does.

Michigan State tandem Nailor and Reed also come to mind as day 3 possibilities. Reed has speed to burn and Nailor is more possession receiver but can climb the ladder with relative ease. Both are more than likely day 3 at this time. Nailor has the better hands and sideline awareness/catch capability.

Ole Miss WR Dontario Drummond - he's 6'0/6' 1 and 220 lbs. He's physical, willing blocker, excels at contested catches, has the occasional concentration drop but will find soft zone spots to sit down into. He reminds me of former Memphis and current WFT RB, Antonio Gibson. Drummond doesn't have the RB background but neither did Gibson excel at that solely while at Memphis. Gibson was mostly used as a WR with some reps here and there at RB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite CB is Auburn Roger McCreary. Sticky coverage with the fluidity to open up and flip to run with just about anyone in the country. He can be overly aggressive at times but his awareness to locate the ball and know where his opponent is is simply impressive. Damn good is press man, off or zone but he'll some struggles, I'm sure.

Next in line would be Georgia CB Derion Kendrick - pretty much lather, rinse and repeat from McCreary but Kendrick will bite on double moves or be caught peeking back at the QB to see where he's throwing at times.

Both of these two are willing run defenders but McCreary excels at this more than Kendrick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downs plays for UNC

You'll have to click on that to open up secondary page to view Bell and Williams YAC

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at MSU and see that RB is the Heisman front runner. Then I look at Wake Forrest where he was only the second stringer and it makes me really want to draft the Wake Forest RB. I don't know what kind of draft stock he has but that alone should make him worth a look.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at MSU and see that RB is the Heisman front runner. Then I look at Wake Forrest where he was only the second stringer and it makes me really want to draft the Wake Forest RB. I don't know what kind of draft stock he has but that alone should make him worth a look.
Walker actually averaged more carries per game at Wake last year. And had 13 TDs to Beal’s 5.

Beal is averaging over 5 per carry again. No idea what his draft stock is.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pick for me has to be either Thibideaux, Hamilton or McCreary. A QB will go in the top 5 as well as that mamoth OT too so as long as we dont pick past 5 we should be good

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pick for me has to be either Thibideaux, Hamilton or McCreary. A QB will go in the top 5 as well as that mamoth OT too so as long as we dont pick past 5 we should be good

McCreary isn't that deserving to be in top 5 or even top10, imo
Maybe in time and with the right team, coaching he can become a very good NFL CB

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be Johnny Raincloud but that's the way Matt Millen drafted... one and done.

I don't believe anyone is calling for Lloyd to be our first pick in the draft. He is more in line, if available, to be that 2nd pick of the 1st round. I doubt he lasts that long.

Lloyd is awesome

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert , I was really impressed with the true Frosh Safety, Bishop, last night. Re-aligning players for the defense. That young man had one hell of a game.

I'm still NOT impressed all that much with Thibs, but he was double teamed and playing mostly as 6 and 5 tech which is a waste of his talent, imo

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert , I was really impressed with the true Frosh Safety, Bishop, last night. Re-aligning players for the defense. That young man had one hell of a game.

I'm still NOT impressed all that much with Thibs, but he was double teamed and playing mostly as 6 and 5 tech which is a waste of his talent, imo
Utah db's always are well coached. Those with any talent always do very well. Bishop has not been THAT good al season, I hope it was him taking the next step and not a single game.

I love Covey as well, but he will be 26 by the time he is done in Utah, so he does not really have a future in the NFL. I suppose it is possible as a returner, but I don't see it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be Johnny Raincloud but that's the way Matt Millen drafted... one and done.
I am aware there are many prospects as good as him, and he won't go in the top 10. I am just having some fun. He is absolutely the guy I want most in the up coming draft, and I think when it is all said and done he is considered one of the best players to come out of it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has a number 1 pick ever been used on a safety?