• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need a number 1 but Chark will open the field up and create lots of opportunities for everyone else.

You pretty much described what a WR1 is. Chark will now be afforded the opportunity to take hold of that position. He isn't a big name WR, but he surely has the chance to become one.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be disappointed one bit should Holmes not draft a WR at all or not until one of those late day three picks. Should a quality WR be of value at whatever draft slot then sure, draft him.

How many more receiving options does Goff need already having Chark, AS-RB, Reynolds, Raymond, Cephus, Hockenson, Swift. None of these players sans Hockenson are considered upper tier.

I get the notion that Chark, Reynolds and Raymond are all pretty much on a one-year contract that could easily be re-signed or replace.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting until 32 for DE you have a shot for Ojabo after his Achilles, Karlafitis, and Mafe. Chance to miss all if we wait, but the gamble is still a better option.

Really not interested in any dudes who just suffered an achillies in any round. Completely different than a knee at this point.
I also have no faith in Okudah being worth a shit when he comes back either.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama Homer here checking in.

How dare you two?

Will Anderson

And please, don't ever forget his name again. LOL

Will Anderson is the most forgettable name ever. Similar to "Mr. Andeeeerson" in the matrix.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Orlovsky said Willis is a top 5 pick easily. And who knows more about being a stud QB than Dan Orlovsky?

I would take a QB over that safety any day.
Taking a safety in the top 3 is similar to picking a TE in the top 10.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Mebert and when did TPaul take over his account?

I knew something was up with that avi change.

Whatever happened to Tpaul? Was he tired of everyone ripping on him?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more receiving options does Goff need already having Chark, AS-RB, Reynolds, Raymond, Cephus, Hockenson, Swift. None of these players sans Hockenson are considered upper tier.

Hockenson isn't upper tier either. Just cause he was picked high. Doesn't make him anything special. He isn't bad.
Just a solid, yet unspectacular player.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockenson isn't upper tier either. Just cause he was picked high. Doesn't make him anything special. He isn't bad.
Just a solid, yet unspectacular player.

Horrible pick. I’m still crabby about that night.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Importance of Safety has changed everywhere in the league, except the draft for some reason. Elite safties completely change your defense and allow you to disguise your coverage better. They are quickly replacing MLB as the player that has the mic to call defensive plays. Average salary for safety has increased more than every position except QB and WR over the last 5 years.

The fact is the days of devaluing safety is old thinking, and eventually the draft will catch up. If Hamilton is the second pick it should be celebrated.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not out of this years QB group I wouldnt.

I want a DE a S and a WR with those first 3 picks but in any order.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are considering trading back according to Holmes. He said 2 teams contacted them. Of course this could just be him stoking the flames to smoke out any suiters.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are considering trading back according to Holmes. He said 2 teams contacted them. Of course this could just be him stoking the flames to smoke out any suiters.
I would imagine he'll be contacted by a lot more than 2 teams before the day of the draft. Honestly if a GM doesn't at least contact him to see what the price was I would say that GM isn't doing his job.

But they might be just window shopping. Or they might be trying to adjust their own internal value chart for the future. Or they might be trying to drive the price up for other teams with no plans for themselves.

I don't really see anybody worth trading up to #2 for personally. So I really don't expect anything to happen, but if Holmes could get any value out of it at all I would love a trade down this year. Conversely I would love a trade or two up from 32 and/or 34. This team really does need some impact type players.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Importance of Safety has changed everywhere in the league, except the draft for some reason. Elite safties completely change your defense and allow you to disguise your coverage better.

No, actually they don't. No QB's or OC's lose sleep over a safety. They lose sleep over pass rushers.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible pick. I’m still crabby about that night.
I've been crabby about every Lions draft since Millen, Mini-Millen and ginger trash.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team really does need some impact type players.

I am still on board with the kid from Oregon at #2.

A lot of rumors about his work ethic or yadda yadda. But a lot of those rumors gets started by teams picking 5-10 and hoping he falls.
No player in this draft has as much upside and impact as him.