• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys... it's signing day.... not a ton of action today...

Names to note:

Emmett Johnson (3-Star RB) Minnesota - will be announcing today, I believe around 3. All signs point to N. He rushed for 2,500 yards his senior year.

Justin Evans-Jenkins (3-Star OL) New Jersey - unsure if an announcement is coming today, but Nebraska needs a lineman in this class and he looks to be the one.

Ben Roberts (4-Star DE) Utah - Current Oregon commit that Nebraska tried to flip last minute, I think he likely sticks with Oregon because of the hiring of Dan Lanning and his defensive mind.

As always, I will put the players in bold that have officially signed and check back throughout the day. Should be a relatively quiet and uneventful signing day. Nebraska looking at between 15-17 players in the class. Probably closer to 15 than 17.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gould is officially N... as are quite a few others, I won't post ALL of their tweets but you can follow along on twitter via the Huskers football twitter page

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not expect Grant Page to be a part of this class. His injury made Nebraska move on from him, as did the hiring of Mickey Joseph. I would expect someone like Decoldest Crawford to take his spot (possibly on Friday)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Page signs with Colorado... seems like staying home was his best option. Good luck to the young man

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and there's the last one of the known signees... the rest we will find out about throughout the day

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

first domino to fall.. .Justin Jenkins... first OL of the class. Kind of a reach, but it's who we could get to fill out the class.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmett Johnson will be committing soon... he has a ceremony on instagram... emmettj_ is his name

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just announced for Nebraska... Guy doing the video chants GBR GBR... Emmett Johnson is N

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nut, thanks for updates. Two questions since I don't follow much here. Are the top players from the state still going to NU? Secondly, is walk on program still strong like it was years/decades ago? I'm assuming not, but how far has it fallen, IYO?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nut, thanks for updates. Two questions since I don't follow much here. Are the top players from the state still going to NU? Secondly, is walk on program still strong like it was years/decades ago? I'm assuming not, but how far has it fallen, IYO?

Hey no problem...

The top players in the state this year did not go to Nebraska.

1. Devon Jackson - Oregon
2. Deshawn Woods - Missouri (but he won't qualify so JUCO)
3. Kaden Helms - Oklahoma
4. Micah Riley-Ducker - Auburn
5. Ernest Hausmann - Nebraska

So of the top 5 in state, 4 went elsewhere.

Walk-on program is still strong, but because of Covid and some other factors (Title IX) they had to take a tiny class of walk-ons this year.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be waiting to do some recap stuff until after the second signing day in February. Nebraska should be signing some players from the portal by then AND should be adding 2-3 High School or JUCO recruits by then as well. Friday, Nebraska SHOULD get a commitment from Decoldest Crawford.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decoldest Crawford just announced he's committing to Nebraska on instagram live.

Fake put on a Texas hat and everything and threw it away to put on a nebraska hat. First big recruiting win by Mickey.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll link the profiles when I have some time

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he's already signed

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decoldest Crawford just announced he's committing to Nebraska on instagram live.

Fake put on a Texas hat and everything and threw it away to put on a nebraska hat. First big recruiting win by Mickey.
Thought he was leaning LSU. I'm sure having Mickey come over helped the decision.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he was leaning LSU. I'm sure having Mickey come over helped the decision.

He was committed to LSU, then decommitted when Mickey left for Nebraska. He said he wanted to play where Mickey was coaching.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some names to know going into the final month of the 2022 class and some transfer portal happenings...

Nebraska is not done with their HS class yet and here are some names to keep tabs on going forward:

Trevonte Citizen (4-Star, RB) [Lake Charles, LA] - Citizen is a lot like Decoldest Crawford in that it was long expected he would join LSU but coaching changes may have thrown that for a loop. He has taken 4 OVs so far with one to go. He decommitted from LSU in late November, similar to the time period that Joseph came on staff. Watch what Nebraska does with their RB position this coming week to see if there might be more inroadshere.

Jacoby Matthews (4-Star, DB) [Ponchatoula, LA] - Another Louisiana player that Nebraska is looking at making a run at. Right now it looks like Nebraska is on the outside looking in. However, most schools are recruiting Matthews as a DB... Nebraska will be recruiting him as an ATH with his choice to play whatever position he would like. It's a long shot, but Nebraska is taking it. Matthew has a few more visits to use up and Nebraska has positioned itself to possibly receive one of those.

Andrew Savaiinaea (3-Star, DL) [Graham WA] - another Poly connection... Nebraska tried to steal Ben Roberts from Oregon at the last second, but that fell through. Andrew plans to sign in February and Nebraska looks to be in the lead.

JUCO Names to watch out for: Myron Greene (DL), Anthony Grant (RB), Kobe Rios (OT), Lisala Thai (OT)

Transfer names to watch: Kedon Slovis (QB-USC), Chubba Purdy (QB-FSU), Jayson Jones (DL-Oregon), Sam Taimani (DL-Washington), Casey Thompson(QB-Texas), Trey Palmer (WR-LSU), Hunter Anthony (OT-OSU), Victor Oluwatimi (C-Virginia), Jared Verse (OLB-Albany)

I'm sure there will be more where that came from... a name I've been told to keep an eye on... Greyson McCall, QB from Coastal Carolina... Nebraska is very interested in his services should he choose to transfer.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for Hunter Anthony, transfer from Oklahoma State...

I am in the process of relocating to another message board since this one seems pretty dead... DM me if you want to find where I am. Otherwise, I'll see you around!