• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to be if they want to win, watching the finals, stars from both squads are hustling back to play defense and are blocking shots. You have to come 100% to be champions.
Our stars haven't done that for the last decade and i dont expect anything to change in that department.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our stars haven't done that for the last decade and i dont expect anything to change in that department.

We don't have any stars left.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't do this one. They speculate TK, 5th overall, plus a Brink/Forester/Zamula type prospect. That's way too much for a guy that very well may be a product of Patrick Kane.

I don't think there's a trade out there that another team would be willing to do that would get me to part with the 5th overall pick, or next year's 1st. If the Flyers want to return to relevancy any time soon, those two picks and Carter Hart are the key to it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do this one. They speculate TK, 5th overall, plus a Brink/Forester/Zamula type prospect. That's way too much for a guy that very well may be a product of Patrick Kane.

I don't think there's a trade out there that another team would be willing to do that would get me to part with the 5th overall pick, or next year's 1st. If the Flyers want to return to relevancy any time soon, those two picks and Carter Hart are the key to it.
I agree no way would i part with the 5th pick this year.

I would do a TK JVR Frost and Prov/Sanheim for Debrincat and Dach if they would take that.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about Frost ever being a two way player.

I agree he has to get a lot stronger.

I agree Torts isn't good at shaping young players.

I agree we shall see. :D
I said Frost has the skill to be a two way player. He has to get stronger or he will never reach that potential. I want to see what he can do with a new coach that will drive him in that direction. Also, the entire team needs to develop a team attitude.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Frost has the skill to be a two way player. He has to get stronger or he will never reach that potential. I want to see what he can do with a new coach that will drive him in that direction. Also, the entire team needs to develop a team attitude.
We dont have big enough players to develop a team with attitude and even if we do other teams will just laugh at us trying to be tough with our little forwards

Frost 5"11 170
Brink 5"8 166
Cam Atkinson 5"8" 176
TK 5"10" 175
Farabee 6"'0 183

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have big enough players to develop a team with attitude and even if we do other teams will just laugh at us trying to be tough with our little forwards

Frost 5"11 170
Brink 5"8 166
Cam Atkinson 5"8" 176
TK 5"10" 175
Farabee 6"'0 183
Too bad we don't have money for some of the FA coming out this summer, there's some good ones.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortorella said he’s “not turning a top guy into a checker; it’s turning a top guy into saying, ‘You know what. I need to get in there, also. I need to get into the paint. I need to block a shot to show everybody that I’m willing to do it.”

Can these guys turn into this type of player? JVR, Frost , Tippett and Farabee

Listened to the Flyers Daily Podcst w/ Myrtetus and he had Torts on. Honestly, really liked what he had to say. If the Flyers can avoid shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly this summer and start to build a little bit, they could get on the right track. Just have to take advantage of being a bad team with a loaded 2023 draft coming down the pipeline. Really good opportunity to get a really good player (or 2) in the draft. Dont fuck it all up by going all in for the playoffs next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we don't have money for some of the FA coming out this summer, there's some good ones.
I know, TB is the biggest team in the league this year and were in the top 5 both years they won the cup as were the Blues and the Capitals in the years they won the cup. Colorado is going to buck that trend if they win but they have so much skill its incredible. With the style that Torts wants to play we need to get much bigger and we all know we need more skill. That seems like a big task to undertake for Fletcher.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, TB is the biggest team in the league this year and were in the top 5 both years they won the cup as were the Blues and the Capitals in the years they won the cup. Colorado is going to buck that trend if they win but they have so much skill its incredible. With the style that Torts wants to play we need to get much bigger and we all know we need more skill. That seems like a big task to undertake for Fletcher.
This is the number one reason we need someone besides Fletcher scouting talent. There's some solid blue collar guys that are physical and can also play the game, just gotta get them.