• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you authorized to make that deal or is this just a starting point?
It’s Hanukah now so Sixers ownership has me holding it down for the next 8 days or so. Problem is that with Lavine’s new deal this summer he can’t be dealt until later this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn.......we all knew they could be scary if they were not such headcases. We have not heard a word from Kyrie or Durant in a few weeks now since Kyrie's incident.

Looks like they might have finally got it together and that is a little scary.

I am glad the Cavs have a pretty open window the next 3-5 years because if the Nets get it together and keep it together they could very well be the favorites many expected them to be.

It could all fall apart---- but they definitely could win it all too.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks have won 7 in a dang row, good for them :nod:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to expect from this front office.

First the reports said they would evaluate the team. But, not make a move until the team showed some positive signs.

The team went on a run.

Next they said the run they went on shows they can compete, as is, so…no pressure to make a trade.

Get all the way the fuck outta here with that double talk bullshit.

They ain't gonna do shit. They've been moving the goal posts for months, mostly likely because Jeanie doesn't want to invest in the team and thus pay the tax. They've had deals they could have done, but some of them would mean taking on longer term money. That's a bigger driver than not giving up picks. They're cheap and incompetent.

Really they should still be looking to make a deal ASAP. There's something like 4 games out of 6th place, 2 out of the play in. Davis, if everything goes well, will be back in a month. If you make a deal right now, you can still keep yourself afloat in the play in race and then make the push once Davis gets back. But I fully expect them to do nothing. They'll use Davis' injury as an excuse to punt the season. Then they'll think they'll sign Kyrie in the summer, miss out on him, and then do something stupid like pay Kyle Kuzma 20 mil per.