• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

I don't think that anyone, even funbags, is looking to defend his behavior in forcing his way out of Houston and Brooklyn. But he hasn't done that stuff in Philly yet.

Now, to be fair, as yet, Philly hasn't given him a reason to want out. So, we don't know for certain whether he has changed his ways or not. That will be determined if/when he decides he's no longer happy in Philly.
And I’m not going to be foolish enough to dismiss it as coincidence that New Harden is playing for his last bag. I just came to talk basketball and found myself in the middle of a fucking Japanese morality play haha.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get it. I just don’t like the “yeah but look now now assholes” attitude when his only issue was effort.
Dude has been hurt for two seasons

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s clearly not the same guy that he was the past two seasons with his hamstring. You’re not wrong. These guys are stuck in narrative. Embiid has never gotten easier buckets than what he gets with Harden. Harden is the guy everybody here told me he could never be…he’s been team first all season even going back to the off season.
Yeah....I know.

Plus, I never said he would be Houston James Harden.

SMH.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I know.

Plus, I never said he would be Houston James Harden.

SMH.
If he was on a team where he needed to shoot 25-30 times a game like Houston Harden he would be pretty close. The burst to the rack is back and his step back 3 looks better than it has in 3-4 seasons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. His hammy has been a nagging injury I believe.
He played through it in BKN and Philly but it impacted two off seasons in a row in terms of what he could do. At the same time, he’s a pro athlete and he needs to still control his weight when he knows he can’t do what he needs to do in the off season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI I’ll be pulling for Philly to win a title so perhaps the real mvp will be recognized at some point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hamstrings. Think about that one.
It’s the key aspect of his driving game. When he can’t get by someone off the dribble his whole game is diminished. He can’t finish as well. His mid range opportunities disappear and his cover can easily keep him in front and sit on step back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the key aspect of his driving game. When he can’t get by someone off the dribble his whole game is diminished. He can’t finish as well. His mid range opportunities disappear and his cover can easily keep him in front and sit on step back.
I get it, he hurt them by being out of shape, as is the case with that injury a lot of time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI I’ll be pulling for Philly to win a title so perhaps the real mvp will be recognized at some point.
Not happening. Giannis is my MVP this year. Dude is a top 3 player in the league at both ends. Number 1 seed in the best conference.

I’ll give you a preview on my Embiid bitching this off season. After the NBA finds a way in their All Star game to play Jokic and Embiid together in the starting lineup, we’re gonna be inundated with Ringer guys talking about how there is only one center on All NBA 1st team so they can put Tatum on there again when Joker Embiid Giannis should be 1st team All NBA. Embiid will be the guy who gets screwed again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, he hurt them by being out of shape, as is the case with that injury a lot of time.
No doubt the added weight doesn’t help the hamstring issues. You’re right. It makes it worse to carry more weight. But it’s a chicken or the egg thing. The weight gain came from limitations on his hamstring. His hamstring shit started in the bubble. It was the following season he came back fat.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the added weight doesn’t help the hamstring issues. You’re right. It makes it worse to carry more weight. But it’s a chicken or the egg thing. The weight gain came from limitations on his hamstring. His hamstring shit started in the bubble. It was the following season he came back fat.
I hate to say it but he looks a little big to me at the moment. I could be wrong.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re still repping the program. If you’re the man you say you are you would have quit on them decades ago. You absolutely are that hypocrite. You talk the talk but you don’t walk the walk.
You’re not a true fan if you don’t stick through it all thick and thin. Ohio St has been had plenty of shitty players and coaches enter the program. Not every player will represent that program the right way, that’s with any program.
I mean look at ND, Brian Kelly was essentially a murderer but I’m sure ND fans still rooted for their team when he was coaching, before and after.
In my case, Urban was not the best human and made mistakes but I could care less. I am supporting the team and their success. You can’t control personnel stuff. It just comes with it all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

I don't think that anyone, even funbags, is looking to defend his behavior in forcing his way out of Houston and Brooklyn. But he hasn't done that stuff in Philly yet.

Now, to be fair, as yet, Philly hasn't given him a reason to want out. So, we don't know for certain whether he has changed his ways or not. That will be determined if/when he decides he's no longer happy in Philly.
Yeah for now Harden is doing the right things, at least from our perspective, he is a team guy but what happens when he starts getting frustrating from a long, grueling series and Philly loses. He gave it his all, maybe he stays or he leaves. I think his best shot is in Philly so I would stay if I was in his position. His track record is not good but right now he is a good spot. Would I trust him? Not at all but none of that matters if he takes Philly to the ultimate goal and/or resigns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last season Jokic became the first player to have a 2,000/1,000/500 season. It's laughable to say he wasn't the real MVP.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not a true fan if you don’t stick through it all thick and thin. Ohio St has been had plenty of shitty players and coaches enter the program. Not every player will represent that program the right way, that’s with any program.
I mean look at ND, Brian Kelly was essentially a murderer but I’m sure ND fans still rooted for their team when he was coaching, before and after.
In my case, Urban was not the best human and made mistakes but I could care less. I am supporting the team and their success. You can’t control personnel stuff. It just comes with it all.
I’m not the guy making the character appeal though.