• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Recruiting

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on the recruiting so far?

I hate to be that guy who gets all hung up on recruiting rankings... But there is a very strong correlation between landing the highest rated high school talent and winning championships.

There are a ton of guys who weren't all that highly rated who became great players for us, but I can't lie that I've been a bit disappointed so far.

Time for @AlaskaGuy to agree with my doom and gloom and @mcnabb7542 to remind me how we made the playoff with a bunch of 3 stars.
This class is pretty much a wash so far. I don't blame the UW staff though for those kids choosing Ohio St. They flipped during a no visit period. This is on those kids, not the staff and before anyone say's 'they're just kids' .. I was humping a pack and M16 at their age. Fvck those kids.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class is pretty much a wash so far. I don't blame the UW staff though for those kids choosing Ohio St. They flipped during a no visit period. This is on those kids, not the staff and before anyone say's 'they're just kids' .. I was humping a pack and M16 at their age. Fvck those kids.

Hopefully things change.

If UW can't compete for elite high school talent, I don't realistically see them competing for a national championship these days.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the reason J.T. won't talk to UW coaches?
OhioState_Buckyeyes_team_mascot_submitted_8.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again fvck those instate kids who have the loyalty of a snake.

Honestly USC is hard to turn down for a lot of reasons. Finding an unattractive girl at USC is about as rare as finding a conservative at UW.

Also I suppose it's better for the conference that he picks a PAC-12 school. Better than fucking Ohio State.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear this? Also what was the reason?

I can't imagine they'd "refuse" to talk to UW coaches unless they're not offering the "benefit$" of other schools.

In J.T.'s case it could be that if he was present at the alleged r*pe of that girl, perhaps maybe they're not talking to him. Ayden Hector and D.J. Rogers were also present and UW didn't recruit Hector heavily and never offered Rogers.

Here's my "thought process" on this,

I believe CP walked away from this program cause there was pressure to take Eason back after he spun them the first time around and the rumors were already swirling about Jacob and his not so pleasant mood swings down in Georgia and this coaching staff learned from that so why take a chance on a kid that has a possible "he said, she said case".

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again fvck those instate kids who have the loyalty of a snake.

Honestly the prestige of both programs are on two different tiers. Like I said, if this program wants to start getting the top recruits from in state and around the country than playing time will have to start becoming a factor.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my "thought process" on this,

I believe CP walked away from this program cause there was pressure to take Eason back after he spun them the first time around and the rumors were already swirling about Jacob and his not so pleasant mood swings down in Georgia and this coaching staff learned from that so why take a chance on a kid that has a possible "he said, she said case".

I can't disagree with you.

Hindsight being 20/20 I think that Petersen felt pressured to name Eason the starter over Haener. If it's true that the competition was close between the two, I have to assume that Eason's background played a large role in him winning the competition.

Part of me wishes we could go into a time machine and see what would've happened had Haener been named the starter.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the prestige of both programs are on two different tiers. Like I said, if this program wants to start getting the top recruits from in state and around the country than playing time will have to start becoming a factor.

I don't know what goes on in the minds of these 4 and 5 star recruits, but when you're a teenager being told by everyone that you're a future NFL star and that your shit doesn't stink, many of them probably think they can compete for early playing time wherever they go.

I do agree that playing time should be emphasized, but that can be somewhat tricky. What do you do when you tell a kid they'll be a starter early and they just don't?

It's unfortunate but it's a fact that UW will always be a tier behind the USCs, Alabamas and Ohio States of the world when it comes to recruiting.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy it sounds like your source on Emeka Egbuka was unfortunately correct. This is what I read on The Athletic about J.T.

The state of Washington has three players in the top 11 of the 247Sports Composite rankings, which is a ridiculous opportunity for Washington if it wants to be in the race to take over the Pac-12. The Huskies have one committed in five-star quarterback Sam Huard of Burien Kennedy Catholic, who is rated the No. 11 player in the country. The other two are five-star wide receiver Emeka Egbuka of Steilacoom (Wash.) High (No. 9 overall) and Tuimoloau (No. 2). It seems as if Egbuka is down to Clemson and Ohio State, so Tuimoloau is the recruitment to watch to see if Washington can keep two of the three home while the Pac-12 is there for the taking. Tuimoloau is also a top target for Ohio State, which has become a thorn in Washington’s side, especially after taking four-star receiver Gee Scott Jr. out of Sammamish in the 2020 class.

Not looking like 2021 will be the greatest class for us. Hopefully I'm wrong, if I recall correctly I was down on the 2020 class this time last year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with you.

Hindsight being 20/20 I think that Petersen felt pressured to name Eason the starter over Haener. If it's true that the competition was close between the two, I have to assume that Eason's background played a large role in him winning the competition.

Part of me wishes we could go into a time machine and see what would've happened had Haener been named the starter.
The media played a large part. They were hyping him up from the get go and the sheep ate it up.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy it sounds like your source on Emeka Egbuka was unfortunately correct. This is what I read on The Athletic about J.T.

The state of Washington has three players in the top 11 of the 247Sports Composite rankings, which is a ridiculous opportunity for Washington if it wants to be in the race to take over the Pac-12. The Huskies have one committed in five-star quarterback Sam Huard of Burien Kennedy Catholic, who is rated the No. 11 player in the country. The other two are five-star wide receiver Emeka Egbuka of Steilacoom (Wash.) High (No. 9 overall) and Tuimoloau (No. 2). It seems as if Egbuka is down to Clemson and Ohio State, so Tuimoloau is the recruitment to watch to see if Washington can keep two of the three home while the Pac-12 is there for the taking. Tuimoloau is also a top target for Ohio State, which has become a thorn in Washington’s side, especially after taking four-star receiver Gee Scott Jr. out of Sammamish in the 2020 class.

Not looking like 2021 will be the greatest class for us. Hopefully I'm wrong, if I recall correctly I was down on the 2020 class this time last year.
This class has fallen apart but not because of lack of effort on Lake's part.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class has fallen apart but not because of lack of effort on Lake's part.

Is it though?

I mean if a kid really wants to go play somewhere else, ( away from home) then fuck let them go.
If they feel their exposure will be greater at those power house schools for the NFL let them go!

And mark my words , Gee Scott will be an average dude when his career is over there.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it though?

I mean if a kid really wants to go play somewhere else, ( away from home) then fuck let them go.
If they feel their exposure will be greater at those power house schools for the NFL let them go!

And mark my words , Gee Scott will be an average dude when his career is over there.
What gets me is UW has sent a fvckload of players to the NFL since Petersen took over and these little bastards know it yet they're still fvcking off the home state school.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gets me is UW has sent a fvckload of players to the NFL since Petersen took over and these little bastards know it yet they're still fvcking off the home state school.

Who cares! Seriously if a kid doesn't want to play here then so be it!
Get the kids that want to come here work their asses off to compete!
Go get the Trey Adams and the Myles Gaskins of the world and let them keep the winning going