• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Recruiting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but playing time can account for something. The power house schools usually have kids waiting 2 to 3yrs to start cause of how stacked they are. Washington which does have talent but not on those levels can afford to give a kid a shot in his second year. I like our recruiting on the west coast and Hawaii but too me it's not enough to compete against the Bamas and OSU of the worlds year in and year out.

That's a good point. Although we are a tier below the Bamas, OSUs of the world, we can sell them on the fact that we're the next best thing and they will actually get playing time. Also I'm probably coming from a biased perspective, but if I were a recruit I'd rather go to a program where I can help elevate them and be a part of something special as opposed to going to Alabama and just helping them retain their dominance.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Although we are a tier below the Bamas, OSUs of the world, we can sell them on the fact that we're the next best thing and they will actually get playing time. Also I'm probably coming from a biased perspective, but if I were a recruit I'd rather go to a program where I can help elevate them and be a part of something special as opposed to going to Alabama and just helping them retain their dominance.

That's an excellent point. There's only a select few who get drafted R1. Go to a school (Washington) and elevate that program to pac champs/playoff team and you become a house hold name with the school and probably got yourself a bigger payday come draft time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an excellent point. There's only a select few who get drafted R1. Go to a school (Washington) and elevate that program to pac champs/playoff team and you become a house hold name with the school and probably got yourself a bigger payday come draft time.

That's the way I look at it. You go to an elite program and help them retain that status, then you're just another cog in the machine. You come to UW and help us beat one of those elite programs and every season ticket holder will remember your name.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like both JT Tuimoloau and Emeka Egbuka are headed to Ohio St. Tuioloau refuses to talk with UW coaches as is Egbuka.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like both JT Tuimoloau and Emeka Egbuka are headed to Ohio St. Tuioloau refuses to talk with UW coaches as is Egbuka.

Where did you hear this? Also what was the reason?

I can't imagine they'd "refuse" to talk to UW coaches unless they're not offering the "benefit$" of other schools.

In J.T.'s case it could be that if he was present at the alleged r*pe of that girl, perhaps maybe they're not talking to him. Ayden Hector and D.J. Rogers were also present and UW didn't recruit Hector heavily and never offered Rogers.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on the recruiting so far?

I hate to be that guy who gets all hung up on recruiting rankings... But there is a very strong correlation between landing the highest rated high school talent and winning championships.

There are a ton of guys who weren't all that highly rated who became great players for us, but I can't lie that I've been a bit disappointed so far.

Time for @AlaskaGuy to agree with my doom and gloom and @mcnabb7542 to remind me how we made the playoff with a bunch of 3 stars.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear this? Also what was the reason?

I can't imagine they'd "refuse" to talk to UW coaches unless they're not offering the "benefit$" of other schools.

In J.T.'s case it could be that if he was present at the alleged r*pe of that girl, perhaps maybe they're not talking to him. Ayden Hector and D.J. Rogers were also present and UW didn't recruit Hector heavily and never offered Rogers.
Reliable sources.