• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Recruiting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If they were heavily leaning to staying home, there would at least be some other PAC schools listed there.
Malloe and Adams have done great jobs with recruiting, but its gonna be an uphill battle with both JT and him.
We got a new coach whose got a mountain of a task of repairing perceptions about where this program is headed after the disastrous performance during conference play last year.
Everyone is kind of left still wondering wtf happened last year and perceptions do matter. It maybe May, but still feels like were once again behind most of the other top teams of the p5 conference's when it comes to recruiting for the class.

We'll see how it goes, but right now, I`m not pleased with recruiting and this program.

I agree with everything you said and tbh I'm not pleased either with how things are currently looking.

I'm pretty conflicted because I have to ask myself how much of our lack of strong recruiting is the fault of the coaching staff.

We're coming off of an 8-5 season and even when the team was at its best under Petersen, we were still out matched by premier programs and that's what local kids have observed.

It's also worth noting that UW will never offer the side "perk$" of certain schools. Not trying to enter into conspiracy theory shit, but UW isn't the type of program that will have their donors offer "jobs" to recruits.

Not arguing with what you said, but I think there are a lot of factors outside the control of the coaches. I don't really know what the solution is aside from trying to identify underrated recruits and developing them to win. I don't realistically think UW will ever be the type of program who will bring in a top-5 recruiting class.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Hop offered JT a BB scholly so that might help. Dual sports.

I think that his basketball scholarship offer shows that the Huskies know Ohio State is in the drivers seat. The scholarship doesn't really matter because he already has a full ride offer and if he wanted to play basketball, he could do that without an offer to join the team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that his basketball scholarship offer shows that the Huskies know Ohio State is in the drivers seat. The scholarship doesn't really matter because he already has a full ride offer and if he wanted to play basketball, he could do that without an offer to join the team.
He wants to play BB and no other P5 school other than UW has made him that offer as of yet.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to play BB and no other P5 school other than UW has made him that offer as of yet.

Hopefully that makes a difference.

I'm pretty cynical now when it comes to recruiting after starting a job in finance. Off the top of my head I can list off dozens of ways to get money to a recruit without raising any red flags or leaving a paper trail, especially if an alumni owns a business.

It's only a story when someone is stupid enough to get caught and even then, there are tons of ways to deny that any improper benefits were given to a student athlete.

I always figured that if improper benefits were given to a player, eventually the media would catch on to it. Unfortunately that's not the case.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said and tbh I'm not pleased either with how things are currently looking.

I'm pretty conflicted because I have to ask myself how much of our lack of strong recruiting is the fault of the coaching staff.

We're coming off of an 8-5 season and even when the team was at its best under Petersen, we were still out matched by premier programs and that's what local kids have observed.

It's also worth noting that UW will never offer the side "perk$" of certain schools. Not trying to enter into conspiracy theory shit, but UW isn't the type of program that will have their donors offer "jobs" to recruits.

Not arguing with what you said, but I think there are a lot of factors outside the control of the coaches. I don't really know what the solution is aside from trying to identify underrated recruits and developing them to win. I don't realistically think UW will ever be the type of program who will bring in a top-5 recruiting class.

It's all about the wins that sway recruiting. UW has failed to capitalize on their lone playoff appearance, blew the Fiesta Bowl against Penn St and haven't done well against very good OOC teams. This home/home against Michigan is critical and in just a few short year Ohio St comes aboard with a home/home.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually is there any word about Washington's top guys on where they're going?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington made the top 4 for Ebuka but that's about it. Lake has lost this class.

My guess is these guys have questions on how the team transition from one coach to another. I'm not sure what else it could be but winning games and winning that major bowl game will sway the recruits back to our side.