• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Off-season Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy about it... Maltsev had his ups... but not franchise changing in losing him...

another big body at Defense, i love that possible direction we are going....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if we make any more moves before tomorrows protection cutoff (although I'd love to add a too 6 forward if possible).

But if we add another top defenseman (especially Hamilton) that is a solid D corps.

I'd also like to throw a 7 x 7 deal at Landeskog.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, eat half his cap hit and flip him for a second before the draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i read somewhere that if we dealt him, we'd be 20 mil under the floor? so his contract isn't hurting us now right?

That cap space fills up really quickly when you start bringing in talent. If Dougie Hamilton costs you $9, possibly another defenseman (Larsson?) And possibly a forward, you hit that number pretty quick.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie for that kind of s$ and term worries me a lot.

He was paired with one of the best 2 way D in the league. Prior to that somewhat of a under performer.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's a great deal for him. Was really hoping for a reunion, oh well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow on both accounts. Good for Adam and Seattle.

Yea had a feeling Subban would not be a target for Seattle. Losing Bastian kinda sucks but same time not a irreplaceable asset

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft night!!!

Ok I believe if Available we are selecting Luke Hughes. Nothing against and not necessarily super excited but brings a lot of good to great possibilities to us(including keeping good o Jack). So I'll be fine with that pick.

Personal preference? Last year I got Holtz so I was super happy....
This time around, I'll acknowledge and accept/won't go against drafting Dmen, especially high profiled ones.

I am interested in Guenther, a sniper like scorer from wing on our team is what the doctor ordered...

Eklund has actually grown on considering all the reading i'm doing and the consensus of that he may be the best player from the draft a few years down the road. Lots to like here...

Hughes, Eklund & Guenther would be my three stars..

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft night!!!

Ok I believe if Available we are selecting Luke Hughes. Nothing against and not necessarily super excited but brings a lot of good to great possibilities to us(including keeping good o Jack). So I'll be fine with that pick.

Personal preference? Last year I got Holtz so I was super happy....
This time around, I'll acknowledge and accept/won't go against drafting Dmen, especially high profiled ones.

I am interested in Guenther, a sniper like scorer from wing on our team is what the doctor ordered...

Eklund has actually grown on considering all the reading i'm doing and the consensus of that he may be the best player from the draft a few years down the road. Lots to like here...

Hughes, Eklund & Guenther would be my three stars..
Coming off COVID with limited playing time and scouting this year is even more of a crap shoot that usual...let's hope we get lucky!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not loving the 28th pick. According to all of the experts, similar to our Shak pick last year, we went way off the board with Chase Stillman. On all accounts he was a late 2nd/third round guy. I get you don't think he'll be there when you pick next but there has to be at least one higher ranked guy you'd want.

Also, Arizona received a high first, 4 2nds and a third for taking on bad contracts. Why did we not do this the past 2 years?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not loving the 28th pick. According to all of the experts, similar to our Shak pick last year, we went way off the board with Chase Stillman. On all accounts he was a late 2nd/third round guy. I get you don't think he'll be there when you pick next but there has to be at least one higher ranked guy you'd want.

Also, Arizona received a high first, 4 2nds and a third for taking on bad contracts. Why did we not do this the past 2 years?
Yea I'm not sure about him either.

Right or wrong, I'd rather we go at Atay(former highly coveted prospect) or Robertsson a sniper caliber player...

I'd rather gamble on those specialty

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, think we bombed this draft... outside of Hughes.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't know. I think Stillman could be good, most of the knocks on him seem to be he played in a tough league to scout. Son of an NHLer for whatever that's worth, we'll see.

Kid we took in the third everyone thought was an early second round grade so who knows? It's all about Luke at this point, as long as that's a home run everything else is just icing on the cake.