• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Off-season Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready make some moves, tired of the slow play stuff, we've slow played enough. Flat cap, expansion draft, extra first and a cupboard stocked with NHL caliber prospects, let's land an impact player.

Also, our pro scouts should be overhauled. Drafting has been decent and I like a bunch of the prospects we've attained via trade but our NHL moves have been brutal. Subban, Gusev, Andreas Johnson, Mojo, Ryan Murray, Wayne Simmonds, all complete duds.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope the new CEO prioritizes winning games instead of social media.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NHL Free agents.

The ones I would say f it, go for it:
Landeskog - perhaps unrealistic if COL goes all in to resign but fits here so bloody well IMO.
Hamilton - we'll probably be linked with him for the obvious for the most part. Idk but same time, f it, lets do it.

Gonna need our #1s in Nico n Hughes to step up and continue to step up.. need some All-Star level careers going forward.

4th pick, I'm ok with defensemen as well as Guenther... it's gonna be interesting where we go from there.

Now I'd be open to trading the 4th pick for a top tier player... no scrubs or injured players please.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it, first the CEO, now this. Clear house baby, tired of the loser mentality this franchise has taken on. Need a change of culture for sure.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of trade we should have been all over.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would absolutely take a year of The Thrill. Still put up 20 in a shortened season, would do wonders for Hughes, placeholder for Holtz, brings the experience of a vet that has won. Checks a lot of boxes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows Phil been? seems like a move for a cup aspirations team no?

we want playoffs lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true.

Also, pure salary dump where we give up nothing of substance? Sign me up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, my somewhat plausible/highly unlikely wishlist/dream for this off-season:

Sign Dougie Hamilton (I've gone back and forth on him but I think he's legit).

Trade for Jacob Chychrun (I believe it was rumored Arizona was shopping him, I'd put together a very respectable package for him)

Those 2 plus Ty Smith gives us an unbelievable defense corps for the next 5 years.

Sign a legit backup/1B. Mrazek wouldn't be a bad option. Chris Driedger and Linus Ullmark are less proven but higher upside choices. Tons of trade candidates but prefer to sign someone and not give up assets.

Up front I don't think we need a huge splash but would love to get some winners in here. Tampa is screwed cap wise so wouldn't mind grabbing one of their depth guys at a discount.

A this is dependent on ownership spending which they not made any indication they're willing to do.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, my somewhat plausible/highly unlikely wishlist/dream for this off-season:

Trade for Jacob Chychrun (I believe it was rumored Arizona was shopping him, I'd put together a very respectable package for him)

Those 2 plus Ty Smith gives us an unbelievable defense corps for the next 5 years.

Sign a legit backup/1B. Mrazek wouldn't be a bad option. Chris Driedger and Linus Ullmark are less proven but higher upside choices. Tons of trade candidates but prefer to sign someone and not give up assets.

Up front I don't think we need a huge splash but would love to get some winners in here. Tampa is screwed cap wise so wouldn't mind grabbing one of their depth guys at a discount.

A this is dependent on ownership spending which they not made any indication they're willing to do.
HAmilton the way to go? I hope it pays off... like you, i feel a little back n forth with him.... I think we are just cursed with expectations.

So per the above wishlists, does that mean you'd still go Dman with the 4th OA?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAmilton the way to go? I hope it pays off... like you, i feel a little back n forth with him.... I think we are just cursed with expectations.

So per the above wishlists, does that mean you'd still go Dman with the 4th OA?

Unless the first 3 picks are defense and the BPA is a forward, yes I go defense at 4. Defense is always a commodity.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the first 3 picks are defense and the BPA is a forward, yes I go defense at 4. Defense is always a commodity.
so is need of a bloody scoring winger lol....

I think we go defense too but Guenther is someone to consider...(high bar for Holtz in the nearby future)...

Nico n Hughes need threats on the wings....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is need of a bloody scoring winger lol....

I think we go defense too but Guenther is someone to consider...(high bar for Holtz in the nearby future)...

Nico n Hughes need threats on the wings....

While I agree, I feel like scoring wingers are always attainable. You can always trade for one, they're always available in free agency. Top pairing defenseman and number 1 centers are almost never available.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, I feel like scoring wingers are always attainable. You can always trade for one, they're always available in free agency. Top pairing defenseman and number 1 centers are almost never available.
I was thinking that, like the two times recently where we had a ton of cap to spend, there wasn't a big scorer winger available? You're right in that it seems like a trade route but I can't recall a coveted scoring winger being a FA in years... i can be 100% mistaken...

Seems like the defensemen are usually the headliners on FA... Centers? eh... this year they are supposed Centers but many often resign.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They literally have to spend some money or we'll be below the cap floor....