• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Tufanga who I love but have probably annoyingly mentioned 50 times, Jamaar Johnson was one of the safeties I liked who is still out there. We pick 10th. Let's see what happens but I'm guessing the team may go front 7 or OL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with this draft was our shitty free agent signings every single year. We just refuse to sign an impact player even if it means cutting our own average players to do it. You don't win in the NFL with JAGs. What we are paying Brown and Lewis could get us an actual good CB. We overpaid Crawford for years. Jaylon? Caving to Zeke's monster deal? It goes on and on. How can an NFL team that is a borderline playoff team go into a draft with so many huge holes on one side of the ball? I think we signed Kazee simply because Quinn likes him and he was cheap. Everyone we sign is always cheap and we get what we pay for. That's what we have done for years and that's why we never have anything to show for it after a couple of years. It's players that sucked or players that leave for more money after a year because we only gave them a one year deal. McCarthy comes in and brings in his buddies as coaches and we have to unload a few of them after one season too. We just can't break the mold of loyalty or liking someone over talent. Until we start signing other players over our own or players that have played for our DCs before we are going to be mediocre. If Kazee isn't good we are going to be in trouble unless we bring in another FS. I'm hoping we have a move or two left in us before all is said and done to change this pattern up :2cents:
Problem is you need cap space to play the FA Market. Something Dallas rarely has is cap space.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you need cap space to play the FA Market. Something Dallas rarely has is cap space.
Exactly what I pointed out. Lewis and Brown vs one good FA corner. Over paid Zeke and Jaylon and kept Crawford's cap hit for years

The price of 5 mediocre guys like these guys we sign every single year is the price of one actual good defender.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what Brugler's list say at all. It's a general ranking. It only takes one team to think otherwise and you don't get him in the "7th round". If 30 teams have a guy ranked 225 and 2 have him ranked 99 he isn't going to be there at pick #225

That being said, I'm not sure where you read that I think it was a good pick at #99
That's not what Brugler's list say at all. It's a general ranking. It only takes one team to think otherwise and you don't get him in the "7th round". If 30 teams have a guy ranked 225 and 2 have him ranked 99 he isn't going to be there at pick #225

That being said, I'm not sure where you read that I think it was a good pick at #99
Brugler during the draft on Cowboys.com and on the web this morning but it’s all relative anyway. I did not like the pick no more no less. I like the shelvin kid from LSU if he is still on the board when we pick

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brugler during the draft on Cowboys.com and on the web this morning but it’s all relative anyway. I did not like the pick no more no less. I like the shelvin kid from LSU if he is still on the board when we pick
I love Brugler and think he is the best since Gosselin. I'm not saying Brugler liked the pick. I'm saying that's not what a ranking says exactly when it's one persons opinion and 32 different teams are picking with their opinions. Plus does anyone really think these writers spend enough time on player 225 to have that strong of an opinion between him and player 220 or even 210? The rankings are mostly ranges. And again, I'm in no way defending this pick. I'm saying i like the potential of the kid not that I would take him at #99.

I've said many times I would have packaged picks to trade up. If we came out of this draft with 2 starters on defense I'd be really happy (I think we did this) and with 3 I'd be over the moon happy and with how shitty some of our starters are this isn't impossible and isn't necessarily that impressive. I was hoping for as many impact players as possible because we had the ammo to do it and had so many needs that almost any defender we liked would be a position of need

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So media guys didn't like him so we don't think it was a good pick?
Unless you have 20 hours a day to watch college football you have to rely on the guys putting their lists together. I try looking at every top 100 lists to get a grasp of the 1st 3 rounds, rounds 4-7 is a accordion

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you have 20 hours a day to watch college football you have to rely on the guys putting their lists together. I try looking at every top 100 lists to get a grasp of the 1st 3 rounds, rounds 4-7 is a accordion
Exactly and those guys making those lists don't have 20 hours a day either. The scouts however, do. Mocks and draft reports are opinions from people who really know no more than your average internet poster.

Here you go. Draft rankings are as meaningless to me as mocks (especially since everyone seems to get a high grade), but to those that like mocks i assume they are just as meaningful

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas' draft was interesting... in the fact you took high risk guys with huge upside on basically every selection.

I mean if they all work out that defense is going to transform overnight to be insane... or it'll be worse off lol. I think Wright was the only WTF pick... every other guy you guys drafted is either going to be a force or irrelevant in a few years lol.

It'll be interesting to see where Dallas goes. I'm certainly not a fan of the Boys (especially given they're NFC like Seattle) but I'll be paying attention to them. I certainly was with Smith who definitely worked out. Kind of had a down 2020 but didn't have a lot of help lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrestler power/leverage

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I initially thought Osa was his brother Owa, whom was an oft injured DE for UCLA. So first impression of Osa, since I didn't really pay attention because I thought I knew who he was, is this kid can be a stud. He is impressive off the snap. Get him the other tools with coaching and the sky is the limit. Right now he can get across the LOS faster than the guy snapping the ball with balance and a low center of gravity. I like where he is headed.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with this draft was our shitty free agent signings every single year. We just refuse to sign an impact player even if it means cutting our own average players to do it. You don't win in the NFL with JAGs. What we are paying Brown and Lewis could get us an actual good CB. We overpaid Crawford for years. Jaylon? Caving to Zeke's monster deal? It goes on and on. How can an NFL team that is a borderline playoff team go into a draft with so many huge holes on one side of the ball? I think we signed Kazee simply because Quinn likes him and he was cheap. Everyone we sign is always cheap and we get what we pay for. That's what we have done for years and that's why we never have anything to show for it after a couple of years. It's players that sucked or players that leave for more money after a year because we only gave them a one year deal. McCarthy comes in and brings in his buddies as coaches and we have to unload a few of them after one season too. We just can't break the mold of loyalty or liking someone over talent. Until we start signing other players over our own or players that have played for our DCs before we are going to be mediocre. If Kazee isn't good we are going to be in trouble unless we bring in another FS. I'm hoping we have a move or two left in us before all is said and done to change this pattern up :2cents:
The good thing is, Our defense can't get any worse. Save this post.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jerry going to revert to Al Davis mode where his only criteria for drafting are measurables?
Look at Terrance Steele. He has all that length and sucks at football.

Last year I wanted us to draft Antoine Winfield or that type of player. Players like the Honey Badger. I dont give a damn about measurables if that player is a playmaker and football player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy I think will be an impact player in the nickel is Jabril Cox. I don't get why he hasn't gone. Perhaps not as good in the base D but great in the nickel and you are in the nickel half the time or more nowadays

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I thought the 3rd round a disaster. They could have used those picks to easily trade up and get a better player. You dont draft guys in the 3rd round that could be had in the 6th and 7th rounds!!! That shit makes me want to puke

Rounds one and two were damn good I got to admit. Parsons and Joseph add much needed speed to the defense. They both can be starters sooner rather than later. Joseph's speed a perfect compliment to Diggs. Parsons has way better instincts in the running game than Jaylon. Parsons is a freak. I was talking about Parsons several months ago,but figured we would draft a corner so never thought he would be the pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy I think will be an impact player in the nickel is Jabril Cox. I don't get why he hasn't gone. Perhaps not as good in the base D but great in the nickel and you are in the nickel half the time or more nowadays
Jerry needs better scouts. Cox is better than those stiffs that we drafted in the 3rd round. Would have drafted him before any of these guys we took last night.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson a much better base safety than Molden. Maybe him here?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is, Our defense can't get any worse. Save this post.
It can only improve. Parsons and Joseph will make sure of that. Parsons is like a heat seeking missle at the LOS.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
war room happy, but what does that really mean with this war room

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry needs better scouts. Cox is better than those stiffs that we drafted in the 3rd round. Would have drafted him before any of these guys we took last night.
Cox isn't impressive. There is a reason he has lasted this long. He isn't sudden. Give me the first two of our 3rd round over taking him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3