• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a state of shock over this. Feels like 2009 draft with these picks

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright seems like a project

From that profile what stood out the most for me was.....

"Shows a little hesitation reacting to receivers’ moves off the line."

And I instantly thought of Jaylon Smith last season.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a state of shock over this. Feels like 2009 draft with these picks
The Golston pick makes sense. P5 DE with length and experience, modest production and the larger DE well was going dry. I am utterly in shock over the Beaver. If he had a trait that stood out to me, it would make some sense. Best thing I can say about him is no one is taking him deep. That's all I've seen. Length and speed, got him drafted. Same will be said about a lot of picks in the 5th-7th round, so that was were he belonged. Top 100?! Meanwhile, the guard from Tennessee I like is still out there, the guy who manhandled our previous pick in a bowl practice. Plenty of picks left, let's just hope the Beaver is the last head scratcher.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if Wright is on the team after 2 years. Could have got him in the 7th round. Role the dice on USC safety on Saturday. Dallas wasted a third round pick IMO. Hope I am wrong.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jerry going to revert to Al Davis mode where his only criteria for drafting are measurables?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still uncomfortable about this Trevon Diggs possible threats against some IG "model" and possibly an NFL suspension. should we consider signing a FA CB in case?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me unimpressed with the draft so far first 2 picks I can live with the issues Parsons has the ability on the field to be awesome off field we hope he stays clean. Joseph also Has plenty of talent only question is can he be coached. The 3rd round would have been better if you packaged up all 3 picks and traded up for a safety. I hope I’m completely wrong but IMO this draft could not have went any worse for the Cowboys. I’m not a scout or a coach but you it appears you could have blindfolded Norm from cheers and had him throw darts and done just as well.

Players please show me I’m wrong this fall

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright seems like a project

From that profile what stood out the most for me was.....

"Shows a little hesitation reacting to receivers’ moves off the line."

And I instantly thought of Jaylon Smith last season.
To some extent we see what we want to see. I thought it was a pretty good write up.

I don't get the pick and on it's surface it reeks of a bunch of bafoons trying to run a war room. But, since I don't know this player at all I can't pretend I have knowledge beyond my knee-jerk reaction on whether or not I think it's a good pick at #99. I don't recall ever focusing on him while watching Oregon St and I didn't watch or read anything about him leading up to the draft. I will say I'm now pretty happy to have him on the team after reading a lot about him. But, do I think he was worth the 99th pick? He certainly wouldn't have been my choice over a couple of the guys that went right after him and it looks like a reach. Maybe as a 5th I'd be really happy, but what do I know. I think this was a Quinn pick. We needed more corners, Quinn likes big corners and I think Quinn is going to be tied to this guy and whether or not he was a good pick. I also think we are going to be watching Molden (and to a lesser extent Melifonwu) to see what he becomes because he was the guy most Cowboy fans wanted in that spot. Let's see what happens.

The best I can do is quote four of my biggest draft theories again: mocks don't mean shit and are in no way indicative of what NFL teams think so don't use them to evaluate picks; if you like a player a lot you take him, you don't assume he will be there at your next pick because there is no guarantee he will be; let the scouts make the picks and don't judge draft picks until you at least see them practice in pads.

This play was great (it's one play and doesn't mean much obviously) He's got great coverage, runs with his guy and seals his guy off for even a perfect throw. But what I like is the ability to locate the ball in the air on a really bad throw, adjust and make the catch. None of our CBs ever do that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft had much more potential and it appears once again that the Cowboys found a way to do way less with more. From the trade back in round one to the picks, they better hope they hit on someone in the later rounds or there should be people looking for jobs before next years draft. Parsons should start but beyond that, I am not even sure there is another player drafted so far that will start. The Wright pick reeks of passing on players that could start in Molden or Melifonwu (next 2 picks) to draft a project, who should have been taken 2-3 rounds, later if at all. GM Jerry has wasted 20 plus years of Cowboys fans time and loyalty

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this smacks of the worst draft of the century
With all due respect, that's ridiculous and over-dramatic. I think we added the most talented defensive player in the draft and along with Tank maybe the most talented player on our defense plus a day one starter at CB that probably will be our #1 corner. What I think on draft day mens shit of course, but If those two things end up true it will have been a great draft even if the others are all cut next week. Just because you don't know a player doesn't mean he was a bad pick. It doesn't mean he was a good pick either of course

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jerry going to revert to Al Davis mode where his only criteria for drafting are measurables?
That kind of stood out a little to me too. I'm not a measurable guy at all. I'd rather take a guy that put up tape on game day over a guy that runs and jumps like the wind which is why I couldn't care less about the combine. It did seem that the speed or height or something else was pointed too as soon as we made some of these picks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, that's ridiculous and over-dramatic. I think we added the most talented defensive player in the draft and along with Tank maybe the most talented player on our defense plus a day one starter at CB that probably will be our #1 corner. What I think on draft day mens shit of course, but If those two things end up true it will have been a great draft even if the others are all cut next week. Just because you don't know a player doesn't mean he was a bad pick. It doesn't mean he was a good pick either of course
Agree, and I'm liking what I've read about the DT, and I'm off of the ledge on the DE. I still think we could've waited, on these two but it is what it is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and I'm liking what I've read about the DT, and I'm off of the ledge on the DE. I still think we could've waited, on these two but it is what it is.
The DE was a pretty solid pick. What don't you like about him?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some extent we see what we want to see. I thought it was a pretty good write up.

I don't get the pick and on it's surface it reeks of a bunch of bafoons trying to run a war room. But, since I don't know this player at all I can't pretend I have knowledge beyond my knee-jerk reaction on whether or not I think it's a good pick at #99. I don't recall ever focusing on him while watching Oregon St and I didn't watch or read anything about him leading up to the draft. I will say I'm now pretty happy to have him on the team after reading a lot about him. But, do I think he was worth the 99th pick? He certainly wouldn't have been my choice over a couple of the guys that went right after him and it looks like a reach. Maybe as a 5th I'd be really happy, but what do I know. I think this was a Quinn pick. We needed more corners, Quinn likes big corners and I think Quinn is going to be tied to this guy and whether or not he was a good pick. I also think we are going to be watching Molden (and to a lesser extent Melifonwu) to see what he becomes because he was the guy most Cowboy fans wanted in that spot. Let's see what happens.

The best I can do is quote four of my biggest draft theories again: mocks don't mean shit and are in no way indicative of what NFL teams think so don't use them to evaluate picks; if you like a player a lot you take him, you don't assume he will be there at your next pick because there is no guarantee he will be; let the scouts make the picks and don't judge draft picks until you at least see them practice in pads.

This play was great (it's one play and doesn't mean much obviously) He's got great coverage, runs with his guy and seals his guy off for even a perfect throw. But what I like is the ability to locate the ball in the air on a really bad throw, adjust and make the catch. None of our CBs ever do that.

Jarntt I fully respect your opinion and I hope this kid comes in and becomes a star. I will defer to Dane Brugler and his draft guide that says we could have drafted this young man in the 7th or picked him up as a UDFA. In the end none of it makes a damn other than the kids talent and work ethic to make the team. I wish him well and hope he proves everybody wrong. With that said I am still disappointed in the pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with this draft was our shitty free agent signings every single year. We just refuse to sign an impact player even if it means cutting our own average players to do it. You don't win in the NFL with JAGs. What we are paying Brown and Lewis could get us an actual good CB. We overpaid Crawford for years. Jaylon? Caving to Zeke's monster deal? It goes on and on. How can an NFL team that is a borderline playoff team go into a draft with so many huge holes on one side of the ball? I think we signed Kazee simply because Quinn likes him and he was cheap. Everyone we sign is always cheap and we get what we pay for. That's what we have done for years and that's why we never have anything to show for it after a couple of years. It's players that sucked or players that leave for more money after a year because we only gave them a one year deal. McCarthy comes in and brings in his buddies as coaches and we have to unload a few of them after one season too. We just can't break the mold of loyalty or liking someone over talent. Until we start signing other players over our own or players that have played for our DCs before we are going to be mediocre. If Kazee isn't good we are going to be in trouble unless we bring in another FS. I'm hoping we have a move or two left in us before all is said and done to change this pattern up :2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just miss judged his weight, and not one top 100 list had him anywhere near where we drafted him. The 3rd round could be renamed to Reach Round.
So media guys didn't like him so we don't think it was a good pick?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt I fully respect your opinion and I hope this kid comes in and becomes a star. I will defer to Dane Brugler and his draft guide that says we could have drafted this young man in the 7th or picked him up as a UDFA. In the end none of it makes a damn other than the kids talent and work ethic to make the team. I wish him well and hope he proves everybody wrong. With that said I am still disappointed in the pick.
That's not what Brugler's list say at all. It's a general ranking. It only takes one team to think otherwise and you don't get him in the "7th round". If 30 teams have a guy ranked 225 and 2 have him ranked 99 he isn't going to be there at pick #225

That being said, I'm not sure where you read that I think it was a good pick at #99