• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Needs
OT
CB
IDL
EDGE
LB

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw Iowa is going to open practice - June 1.

not smart.

Johnson County, iowa City, is the epicenter of Covid19 in Iowa. The old alumni went on a trip to Egypt and brought it back.

It quickly spread, to the surrounding counties, particularly wiping out a nursing home in Linn County, Cedar Rapids.

there are 99 counties in Iowa. Only 22 are still under quarantine. Draw a circle around Johnson County, go two county radius, those are all under quarantine. Plus, Polk County, Des Moines. At one time, over 70% of covid19 and covid19 deaths in Iowa, were in the two county area surrounding Johnson County. I will have to go redo my numbers.

What is strange is that Pottawatamie County, Council Bluffs, is on the low end of cases, even though it is on I80, next to major metropolis, Omaha. The amount of semis that go on I80 from Chicago through Iowa, through Nebraska, on to Denver is a whole bunch.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Needs
OT
CB
IDL
EDGE
LB
Pretty surprised to see IDL making your list. With Jurrell Casey and McTelvin Agim that seems to be more than just solid, I think it will be outstanding.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawk and Linn both have more cases then Johnson county. Iowa is #1 in terms of largest spread in recent weeks mostly due to meat packing plant in Columbus Junction, West Liberty and Waterloo and a lot more testing available.. My dad who works in Cedar Rapids, just had their first case at work as someone in his department tested positive. They closed down his place of employment today. He was set to retire yesterday, but was asked to stay longer with increased pay during the virus so he decided to stay a bit longer before retirement. Iowa is one of the few states without a stay at home in order, although obviously several changes to help eliminate spread with restaurants (drive thru only) and all non essential business closing down or working from home like everyone else.

Opening practice June 1, isn’t a big concern to me. It isn’t like fans attend Iowa practice. It is very private. They even place black tarp around fences so you can’t look in while they practice.

The actual games and how they go about that will be the thing that is more concerning.

Obviously if a player has it they could always spread it quickly throughout the team. But you don’t have crowds at Iowa practice

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU S Trevon Moehrig

Very underrated going into this year.

Also love love love North Carolina JR WR Dyami Brown

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawk and Linn both have more cases then Johnson county. Iowa is #1 in terms of largest spread in recent weeks mostly due to meat packing plant in Columbus Junction, West Liberty and Waterloo and a lot more testing available.. My dad who works in Cedar Rapids, just had their first case at work as someone in his department tested positive. They closed down his place of employment today. He was set to retire yesterday, but was asked to stay longer with increased pay during the virus so he decided to stay a bit longer before retirement. Iowa is one of the few states without a stay at home in order, although obviously several changes to help eliminate spread with restaurants (drive thru only) and all non essential business closing down or working from home like everyone else.

Opening practice June 1, isn’t a big concern to me. It isn’t like fans attend Iowa practice. It is very private. They even place black tarp around fences so you can’t look in while they practice.

The actual games and how they go about that will be the thing that is more concerning.

Obviously if a player has it they could always spread it quickly throughout the team. But you don’t have crowds at Iowa practice

No, you don't have crowds, but if one player does get it - all the others go on quarantine -they will surely have to violate that rule to actually play a season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't have crowds, but if one player does get it - all the others go on quarantine -they will surely have to violate that rule to actually play a season.

Right- I understand that. I am just saying... It is obviously a risk to players, but it isn't like you have 70,000 fans coming together at this time, screaming and yelling. Many of which could have health risks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what the 2021 needs are when we haven’t played 2020 yet, but my best guess would be OT, CB (even if Ojemudia comes in and plays right away and is impactful) unless Callahan looks healthy, remains healthy and plays well and someone like Dawson or Yiadom step up this year.

S depth- This could be Xed off if Trey Marshall steps up here like I think the staff thinks he will or Duke Dawson gets a shot there.

ILB- I didn’t expect to go ILB early this year because of the play of Alexander Johnson last year and we have depth with starting experience in Josey Jewell, but I do think we could be looking to replace Todd Davis after this year.

It was pleasing when doing mocks this year to come to the conclusion that we have much better depth then in years past, a good sign that our drafts and getting better and hopefully after this year we feel even better about our depth. Prior to this year It felt like we had so much depth that we were lacking and nowhere near the amount of picks we needed to fill it. A clear indication that this team is getting much better.

EDGE- Another position I didn’t see us picking early this year but maybe looking more towards next year after 2021. I think we have some depth here and obvious good starters but always looking for that next young stud pass rusher. For the record I do think Von Miller will be here past this season.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR- Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
WR- Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
DT- Marvin Wilson, Florida State
S- Kaden Stearns, Texas
QB- Brock Purdy, Iowa StatE
C- Tyler Lindenbaum, Iowa
DT- Chauncey Golston, Iowa
CB- Rachaud Wildgoose, Wisconsin
S- Todd Harris, LSU
TE- Kyle Pitts, Florida
QB- Kellen Mond, Texas A&M
WR- Elijah Moore, Mississippi

More names to watch this year

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprised to see IDL making your list. With Jurrell Casey and McTelvin Agim that seems to be more than just solid, I think it will be outstanding.

Given the age of Casey, the one year status of Harris, and Dre'mont/Agim being Round 3 developmental guys I think if BPA when OTC is an IDL Denver would not look the other way. Same w/ EDGE and LB.

IDL is one of those positions it's just simply smart to invest in if available. I'm not so certain Denver would not have gone Kinlaw if he were there at 15.

EDGE because Von is getting older, Chubb has had two significant injuries on his same knee, and like IDL it's hard to go wrong investing there continually. If BPA on your board when you are OTC is EDGE, you have to consider that guy.

LB because Fangio has been looking for a guy there. Tried to trade up for Queen this past draft.

Right now based on more immediate needs OT and CB would be the highest priorities but given how this team is built and looking more at the roster on a five year timeline, you probably need to consider possibilities at LB, EDGE, and IDL. Won't be plugging immediate needs like OT or CB, but that rules out a likely future need over the next five years. And at this point in the process considering how far we are out, how the roster will change, etc. Just feels a bit safer to lean that way. Hell if the BPA is S I would have no issue with it, but not as valuable as IDL/EDGE and haven't seen evidence of Denver trying to nab a guy there like we have with LB (Patrick Queen trade up attempt)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that CB and OT, both lacking long-term prospects capable of being building blocks (I think Oje can be good, but a stud I am not sure) make them the most likely needs and round 1 picks for 2021, but it depends on so many factors at this point in time. If not those two positions, adding a potential building block and blue chip player to come in and make an impact day 1 at LB or IDL, or provide a long-term transition play for the Post-Von Miller era, are directions that should be discussed and prepared for with the 2021 first round pick.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dre’Mont Jones is going to be a stud.

Breakout player. Fant is the most obvious breakout player on the offensive side of the ball (excluding rookies).

Everyone agrees - Risner - broke out last year - pretty much from game one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now - if we can get these players out on a field somewhere and watch them play....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is he has a tattoo of a white supremacist group(if it was just a III with no stars around it it could be fine but his exact tattoo is the same the group uses) and ether didn’t realize fully what the tattoo meant or is pretending he doesn’t. Either way it’s a bad look for the Pats for not doing their research.

I mean ISIS was the name of a Rock band long before a terrorist group but if you have an ISIS tattoo you’re gonna get some pushback from people.
And Isis was the name of an Egyptian goddess long before it was the name of a band

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some names to keep an eye on at OT/EDGE/IDL/LB/CB for Denver in 2021

OT
Penei Sewell Oregon
Jackson Carman Clemson
Abraham Lucas Washington State
Samuel Cosmi Texas
Alex Leatherwood Alabama
Walker Little Stanford
Jalen Mayfield Michigan
Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame
Cole Van Lanen Wisconsin
Alaric Jackson Iowa
Dillon Radunz North Dakota State
Tyler Vrabel Boston College
Brady Christensen BYU
Carson Green Texas A&M
Nicholas Petit-Frere Ohio State
Derek Kerstetter Texas

IDL
Marvin Wilson Florida State
Jay Tufele Southern California
Darius Stills West Virginia
Mustafa Johnson Colorado
Jaylen Twyman Pittsburgh
LaBryan Ray Alabama
Christian Barmore Alabama
Tedarrell Slaton Florida
Tyler Shelvin Louisiana State
Levi Onwuzurike Washington

EDGE
Gregory Rousseau Miami
Carlos Basham Wake Forest
Joe Tryon Washington
Hamilcar Rashed Oregon State
Quincy Roche Miami
Xavier Thomas Clemson
Patrick Johnson Tulane

LB
Micah Parsons Penn State
Dylan Moses Alabama
Nick Bolton Missouri
Chazz Surratt North Carolina
Joseph Ossai Texas
Dimitri Moore Vanderbilt
Jabril Cox Louisiana State
Monty Rice Georgia

CB
Patrick Surtain II Alabama
Shaun Wade Ohio State
Caleb Farley Virginia Tech
Derion Kendrick Clemson
Elijah Molden Washington
Israel Makuamu South Carolina
Tyson Campbell Georgia
Josh Jobe Alabama
Marco Wilson Florida
Trey Dean III Florida
Paulson Adebo Stanford
Thomas Graham Jr Oregon
Eric Stokes Georgia

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many if these are repeats from my listings previously posted so won’t comment on a lot of them.

I will say Trey Dean needs to play much better. He has perfect size but he hasn’t lived up to expectations so far and he probably won’t even start this year with Elam and Wilson in front of him. I love his physical tools and upside though.

Kendrick is still learning CB after previously playing WR. He will be interesting to watch as he develops this year. Heck of an athlete.

Chazz Surratt (brother of Sage) moved from QB to LB last year. Has a ton of development to do.

Sewell as I stated before may be the best OL prospect ever after this year.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an awesome thread, whoever started it should definitely get POTM next time around!!!