• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd re-read the tweet.

Superstar or not.......if you think hes "closer" to a role player than a superstar. Then you also should be punched in the head.

Butler's a damn good player. But he's no superstar. I don't think she was suggesting Butler's just a role player.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world needs role players too

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is getting pumped up for this Thunder and Nuggets matchup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have said before- young players are not going to be consistent- but you want to see glimpses of what they could be. Tonight those guys started showing some glimpses again of what htey could develop into.

The vast majority of the Cavs payroll is tied up in Love and Drummond and neither are helping the team obviously.

Nance- who is arguably their best player not named Sexton (right now at least) is also injured. They have had every excuse to not fight--- but even during their losing streak they have fought.

To see a team with Dean Wade at the 4 (I forgive people who dont know who that is)- and 4 guys who are 22 or younger.

Okoro, Garland, Allen and Sexton are the core going forward. Hopefully they can get a wing in the draft.

they arent going to be very good this year, and probably even next year. But it looks like the core is going to be there at some point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs played pretty well.

Garland and Sexton combined for 50. Okoro with 15 and 8.

Played some great D at times.
Have to say while Sexton played well a little inefficient for him. I like seeing him take more shots, though, as this was first time all year he took more than 20 shots and did not make at least half (had only done so 4X though).

garland struggled a little, too, but went to the line and nearly had a double double.

Cannot watch them and cheer against them, but cannot help but think better off if Embiid makes the shot end of regulation. I'm sure @flyerhawk agrees.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say while Sexton played well a little inefficient for him. I like seeing him take more shots, though, as this was first time all year he took more than 20 shots and did not make at least half (had only done so 4X though).

garland struggled a little, too, but went to the line and nearly had a double double.

Cannot watch them and cheer against them, but cannot help but think better off if Embiid makes the shot end of regulation. I'm sure @flyerhawk agrees.

One of those frustrating games to watch. Our best straight shooter going 1-13 and our 2nd best shooter out, it really was an annoying game.

It's a weird basketball year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those frustrating games to watch. Our best straight shooter going 1-13 and our 2nd best shooter out, it really was an annoying game.

It's a weird basketball year.
Right? Everyone can beat the Cavs for a few weeks by 2 TDs or more and they go into Philly and beat an exceptional team (especially at home)? And if I'm not mistaken, Philly has been playing great ball for a while?

Plenty of examples like this in the NBA this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? Everyone can beat the Cavs for a few weeks by 2 TDs or more and they go into Philly and beat an exceptional team (especially at home)? And if I'm not mistaken, Philly has been playing great ball for a while?

Yeah. I guess if there was a real home town crowd, this game would probably have been an easy win for the Sixers. But basketball is always about make or miss and when you keep missing jump shots, it's tough to win. And without that home crowd swing, you have games like this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I guess if there was a real home town crowd, this game would probably have been an easy win for the Sixers. But basketball is always about make or miss and when you keep missing jump shots, it's tough to win. And without that home crowd swing, you have games like this.
wouldn't put it all on a couple players not playing well, though....Cavs deserve some credit for how they played.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff P getting in playoff form shooting the Clippers out of the game late today. He was 7-21 on the day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are games like this every season...in a long season sometimes you win games you are "supposed to" lose and vice versa