• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oubre was good in stretches for the Warriors this season, and horrendous in others. All told, the Warriors were plus-6.3 points per 100 possessions when he was off the court, according to Cleaning the Glass, and minus-5.0 when he was on. Do the math, and Oubre being on the floor cost the Warriors 11.3 points per 100 possessions. Not good."

Lol yikes

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I don't even need him to avg anything crazy. Get to 11 or 12 PPG and attempt 2-3 more shots per game
Honestly he doesn't even need 11 ppg. He averaged 7 this year even with how bad he was. It's so that he can't be ignored on offense, and so he can complete pick and rolls.

But again, if he stays like he is just adding Klay and that 4th piece will be enough. That's the thing about adding Klay back, it makes everyone else better just by an actual legit scorer out there moving a bench player back to the bench, and moving everyone down a notch. Wiggins goes from 2nd option (yikes) to 3rd option (perfect). That 4th piece (Wiseman or whoever they trade him for) goes from 3rd option (eh) to 4th (cool). Dray is the 5th option who cares if he scores 7?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oubre was good in stretches for the Warriors this season, and horrendous in others. All told, the Warriors were plus-6.3 points per 100 possessions when he was off the court, according to Cleaning the Glass, and minus-5.0 when he was on. Do the math, and Oubre being on the floor cost the Warriors 11.3 points per 100 possessions. Not good."

Lol yikes
Well, he's not coming back so no problem there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have our 1st rounder?

Yes. And its a pretty good draft too, not just loaded at the top (which it is, but still). There should still be some good players left in that range (like Johnny Juzang or Jared Butler). And the Lakers have a very good scouting department. For all the missteps the team has had the past decade, their scouting department has been among the best. Most everyone they've drafted has been a good player (most are on other teams now but still). With the cap situation the way it is, this could be a very good addition to have. At the very least, it could be some decent trade piece to bring in some other experienced role player

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#marriage.

Thank goodness.....Lol.View attachment 271457

Could be interesting still if Lebron hadn't come. Building around Randle and Ingram and a few more 1st rounders, etc. Wouldn't have the championship, but would think they'd still be in the playoff hunt by now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben freaking Simmons dropped 40 on his head lol. Gobert is a good defender but he also limited. Good at protecting the paint and defending centers. Now ask him to get swtiched on a guard and he becomes a poor defender. Bam, Simmons, and Draymond can all guard way more positions
They've all had big numbers dropped on them, not exactly a distinguishing feature.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I honestly find it a little odd how much love Gobert gets for this award.

He is a very good defender.

If it were 1990 he should get the award every year.

But this isn’t 1990. The way bigs are asked to defend has changed a lot and Gobert is not the best defender at his position when we are evaluating how modern bigs are asked to defend.

IMO, Bam probably is the best modern big defender in the league.

Bam and Simmons are top 2 DPOY for me.

Yet Gobert is the runaway leader in defensive rating. Stats will always have an impact.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to me, that's the issue of a mid-season tournament. What reward can you give a team that doesn't diminish the end of season playoffs and championship, but will still be important enough that contending teams won't want to load manage their stars during it?

It's a pointless money/attention grab IMO. I don't even see where the money/attention is going to come from, but what other reason is there?

If all the teams had dedicated G league affiliates, they could make hybrid teams with NBA rotational and young players along with G league players and make some kind of tournament that still allows the franchises to rest their star players (and even require that), but it still would be just a thrown-together construct without any real point.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be interesting still if Lebron hadn't come. Building around Randle and Ingram and a few more 1st rounders, etc. Wouldn't have the championship, but would think they'd still be in the playoff hunt by now.
Randle and Ingram had to leave in order to develop into the players they are now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @fightinfunbags i had a massive night last night. Anyone do good?
I hit on Luka o PAR but missed on KD o 27.5 because the Celtics blow and he didn’t get any 4th quarter minutes. Played Luka for larger so made one unit. Have a Sixers parlay tonight. Embiid 30+ Sixers -4.5 and Curry over 11.5.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle and Ingram had to leave in order to develop into the players they are now.

Mostly because Lebron came to dominate the ball. Without them ever coming, the Lakers weed through their lottery picks and build around the best of them.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And its a pretty good draft too, not just loaded at the top (which it is, but still). There should still be some good players left in that range (like Johnny Juzang or Jared Butler). And the Lakers have a very good scouting department. For all the missteps the team has had the past decade, their scouting department has been among the best. Most everyone they've drafted has been a good player (most are on other teams now but still). With the cap situation the way it is, this could be a very good addition to have. At the very least, it could be some decent trade piece to bring in some other experienced role player
Yep.

Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, and Hart are all recent picks they hit on. Not to mention this season's 6th man Clarkson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit on Luka o PAR but missed on KD o 27.5 because the Celtics blow and he didn’t get any 4th quarter minutes. Played Luka for larger so made one unit. Have a Sixers parlay tonight. Embiid 30+ Sixers -4.5 and Curry over 11.5.
I hit ad points boards assists, hardaway points. Parlayed.
Kd sitting the fourth hurt, i would had three parlays if he got 2 more points.
Are you on draftking? I hit one of those pool contests.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pointless money/attention grab IMO. I don't even see where the money/attention is going to come from, but what other reason is there?

If all the teams had dedicated G league affiliates, they could make hybrid teams with NBA rotational and young players along with G league players and make some kind of tournament that still allows the franchises to rest their star players (and even require that), but it still would be just a thrown-together construct without any real point.

Well certainly it is a money grab. But as a follower of English football, I can say that these cups can mean a lot to lower clubs that have no real chance of winning a title.