• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not a championship caliber team in most cases. The Knicks Hawks Clippers and Nuggets fall in that group this season. The only one I can see actually competing for a championship in that group is the Clip (as long as I don’t let the reality of Playoff P disappearing creep into my analysis)

Ehh it depends. Most years the 4 is very close record wise to a 3 seed. Look at the west this season for a perfect example

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,288.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very interested into see how the Knicks suit up tonight against the lakers. This will really tell you if the Knicks are a playoff caliber team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not a championship caliber team in most cases. The Knicks Hawks Clippers and Nuggets fall in that group this season. The only one I can see actually competing for a championship in that group is the Clip (as long as I don’t let the reality of Playoff P disappearing creep into my analysis)

It depends on the trajectory. If you have a healthy payroll then you're one piece away in a lot of cases. One could argue the Blazers are mired in that slightly above average range you don't necessarily want to be in. Nuggets are missing Murray, and the Knicks and Hawks are rising. I'd rather have the Hawks than my own teams obviously. But using Detroit as an example this is at least a plan as opposed to the previous ten years or so of aimless mediocrity

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very interested into see how the Knicks suit up tonight against the lakers. This will really tell you if the Knicks are a playoff caliber team.
They’re absolutely a playoff caliber team. I just don’t think they get out of round 1. They have real struggles in the half court offensively. That’s a big deal when every playoff team ramps up their commitment to defend and the familiarly created in a 7 games series match up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the trajectory. If you have a healthy payroll then you're one piece away in a lot of cases. One could argue the Blazers are mired in that slightly above average range you don't necessarily want to be in. Nuggets are missing Murray, and the Knicks and Hawks are rising. I'd rather have the Hawks than my own teams obviously. But using Detroit as an example this is at least a plan as opposed to the previous ten years or so of aimless mediocrity
I don’t see how the Hawks for example make that next step. You have to count on the growth of Young Collins and Hunter. It’s really hard to get that last piece that takes a team to the top as seen in your Portland example.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,288.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Nets I would sit harden till playoffs. What do they get from playing him these last few games other then risking injury

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Nets I would sit harden till playoffs. What do they get from playing him these last few games other then risking injury
Well, they’ve only had 7 games where the Big 3 have been together. I’m not in the locker room so I don’t know how much real work they’ve gotten in with each other. If it were me, I’d love to have a trial run of only a handful of games to work things out. That process would continue into the first round. There’s also something to be said for the Nets trying to grab home court in a potential series with the Nets. Milwaukee doesn’t have the dominant home record they’ve had in the past but that’s a product of early on this season. Since the All Star break they’re 4-0 vs the Sixers and Nets at home. If I’m the Nets I want home court for that series. All this being said, if the hamstring needs more time you err on the side of caution here. Hamstrings can get cranky and flare back up at a moments notice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they’ve only had 7 games where the Big 3 have been together. I’m not in the locker room so I don’t know how much real work they’ve gotten in with each other. If it were me, I’d love to have a trial run of only a handful of games to work things out. That process would continue into the first round. There’s also something to be said for the Nets trying to grab home court in a potential series with the Nets. Milwaukee doesn’t have the dominant home record they’ve had in the past but that’s a product of early on this season. Since the All Star break they’re 4-0 vs the Sixers and Nets at home. If I’m the Nets I want home court for that series. All this being said, if the hamstring needs more time you err on the side of caution here. Hamstrings can get cranky and flare back up at a moments notice.

The Bucks have been a strange team this year. Every time they seem to be back in charge, they drop a pantload against some team they have no business losing to like last night.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team has barely played together is the issue. Would also prefer not to play Miami If I was them

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Ron Artest doc. Interesting to say the least.

Didn't realize Jermaine and Metta hated each other

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has barely played together is the issue. Would also prefer not to play Miami If I was them
Another value to finishing 2 and not 3. Didn’t think about that. Jimmy Butler in a playoff series is a task I want my team to avoid at all costs. Jimmy is the truth. Fuck around and find out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is the only team that should want to see Miami in round 1
What is it about that matchup that gives the Heat problems? On paper, I would think that their perimeter defense and Bam athleticism would be a problem for Trae/Capela pick and roll but you know your team better than I do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about that matchup that gives the Heat problems? On paper, I would think that their perimeter defense and Bam athleticism would be a problem for Trae/Capela pick and roll but you know your team better than I do.

3 point shooters and capela. I can see bogy and gallo doing major damage

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Ron Artest asking Stephen Jackson if they'd be in trouble over the Malice in the Palace. Hysterical commentary from Stephen on that

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,288.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s right I didn’t think of that. The team should get some chemistry going into the playoffs