• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a true POS.....worse than Wiggy, LB24, DTGold, BuckAlice, all them.....nothing redeemable in your posts......
Lol, players today would have either been beatin the crap out of by teammates, or, released in my day with the shit the players pull.

you have no idea what it takes to run an airline!

you post like a real pussee

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of a possible 984 games , Rose , has not played in over 350 games, paid for everyone, always some excuse, dude is soft!

having COVID? testing positive? or quarantined for exposure? Or did his cousin have it in California?

The injury bug has hit Rose hard during his career. It's funny how clueless and stupid you are. Do you have the same issues with HOFer Grant Hill? He only played in 1,026 of 1,476 games due to injuries.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, players today would have either been beatin the crap out of by teammates, or, released in my day with the shit the players pull.

you have no idea what it takes to run an airline!

you post like a real pussee

HOFer Ralph Sampson only played in 456 of a possible 820 games. HOFer Bernard King only played in 874 of a possible 1,184 games. And neither were released or got beat up by their teammates as you incorrectly suggested.

"in my day"

Get the fuck outta here. You never had a "in your day" moment. You weren't a professional basketball player. But it's funny that your so-called minor league baseball experience, which I seriously question, has turned you into a fake expert on NBA players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOFer Ralph Sampson only played in 456 of a possible 820 games. HOFer Bernard King only played in 874 of a possible 1,184 games. And neither were released or got beat up by their teammates as you incorrectly suggested.

"in my day"

Get the fuck outta here. You never had a "in your day" moment. You weren't a professional basketball player. But it's funny that your so-called minor league baseball experience, which I seriously question, has turned you into a fake expert on NBA players.

The guys he is talking about had real injuries. Players from the past had these things happen too.

A couple key differences:

A major injury like an Achilles might have ended a career 30+ years ago. Guys weren’t sitting out a year plus, they retired.

Also, load management and preventative maintenance are new concepts. But, it is unfair to put all the blame on players for this. Playing 82 games used to carry a lot more importance. Now organizations have correctly realized it is a lot more important to have all your key guys healthy and ready to go for the playoffs.

There are quite a few reasons why organizations are incentivized to hold healthy players out of regular season games.

Guys like Larry Bird might have extended their careers multiple seasons if they had played in today’s environment.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol , to compare the phantom injuries of the today’s players vs players in past are comical at best.

injuries , in my day, YES MY DAY, and I don’t give a crud about the sport, it’s about being prepared, how you prepared to play for the TEAM! Not yourself. For the organization, not yourself, for the fan, not yourself. Were real. Players in past wanted to win at all costs. Even taking out a player if necessary by all means.

today player’s MINDSET is all about MONEY, PROLONGATION. And they are not willing to work hard for it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys he is talking about had real injuries. Players from the past had these things happen too.

A couple key differences:

A major injury like an Achilles might have ended a career 30+ years ago. Guys weren’t sitting out a year plus, they retired.

Also, load management and preventative maintenance are new concepts. But, it is unfair to put all the blame on players for this. Playing 82 games used to carry a lot more importance. Now organizations have correctly realized it is a lot more important to have all your key guys healthy and ready to go for the playoffs.

There are quite a few reasons why organizations are incentivized to hold healthy players out of regular season games.

Guys like Larry Bird might have extended their careers multiple seasons if they had played in today’s environment.
Lol!!!

are these people that put load mgmt into play clairvoyant?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, today if they want to try to intentionally get a stud out of game, they set a screen in hopes the player runs , or backs into it causing an injury, lol.

years ago , under cuttin someone was common, kneeing someone in thigh took you out a couple of games, today you’re out 6 months for a deep thigh bruise.

cmon man!!!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No f n clue !!!

load mgmt pisses me off to no end.

you still have to show up, you still go through all the motions to prepare for the game.

game time , you sit on bench and watch your teammates go to war .

you telling me that is rest?

rest, is away from the game entirely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol , to compare the phantom injuries of the today’s players vs players in past are comical at best.

injuries , in my day, YES MY DAY, and I don’t give a crud about the sport, it’s about being prepared, how you prepared to play for the TEAM! Not yourself. For the organization, not yourself, for the fan, not yourself. Were real. Players in past wanted to win at all costs. Even taking out a player if necessary by all means.

today player’s MINDSET is all about MONEY, PROLONGATION. And they are not willing to work hard for it.
k

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No f n clue !!!

you still have to show up, you still go through all the motions to prepare for the game.

Now I can agree with you when it comes to baseball. Not football or basketball.

Hell, baseball players spend half the game on the bench resting. Much of the other half in the field standing still. Other than pitchers or catchers no one should need any rest. If they are there I'd think they would rather play than sit through a baseball game forced to just watch.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I can agree with you when it comes to baseball. Not football or basketball.

Hell, baseball players spend half the game on the bench resting. Much of the other half in the field standing still. Other than pitchers or catchers no one should need any rest. If they are there I'd think they would rather play than sit through a baseball game forced to just watch.
Lol, true!

man, when I was ridin pine, bored as heck, I tried gettin high off chew, ohhh I got high, and sick from that shit!

What else I learned? knock out a fly, wrap a piece of hair you plucked out from your head, tie it around the flies head, when it came too, you held the piece of hair , and the fly flew around in circles... baseball players def nut jobs...

still, you’re mind is always workin no matter the sport imo. you always have to be ready to be put in play.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest gripe I have with this season in general is that ultimately nothing will come of it.

None of any of the goals the Warriors should have had to begin the year will be accomplished. And considering those goals are complete opposites, given a wide spectrum range, them accomplishing nothing is a real eye opener.

1) Warriors trade for Oubre after Klay's injury, signaling they want to be competitive on the year. Then Kerr says he'll need 20 games to figure out how to use players. Then Kerr doesn't play Curry in spots where the team needs him and cites that they're not chasing wins. OK.

2) Warriors have lots of young guys they want to see if they can develop. Jordan Poole is for some reason unplayable to begin the year and Brad Wanamaker is given a huge leash despite his struggles. James Wiseman is benched for Kevon Looney, even though Kerr said we're not chasing wins. Looney is at his ceiling and won't be getting any better. Eric Paschall has now been benched for the last few games.

3) Warriors don't deal Oubre at the trade deadline and after it passes he almost immediately signals that he's going elsewhere next year. The reason they kept him was because they said they wanted to compete for a playoff spot still. BUT, Kerr just said he's going to play the young guys more.

4) With Kerr saying he was playing the young guys more, he played Wiseman 18 minutes last night, citing he liked the matchups. WTF.

At the very minimum there is a large disconnect through the organization. I wouldn't be surprised to see some restructuring during the off-season. Maybe nothing as huge as firings or dismissals, but an overhaul of objectives.

Weird season.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest gripe I have with this season in general is that ultimately nothing will come of it.

None of any of the goals the Warriors should have had to begin the year will be accomplished. And considering those goals are complete opposites, given a wide spectrum range, them accomplishing nothing is a real eye opener.

1) Warriors trade for Oubre after Klay's injury, signaling they want to be competitive on the year. Then Kerr says he'll need 20 games to figure out how to use players. Then Kerr doesn't play Curry in spots where the team needs him and cites that they're not chasing wins. OK.

2) Warriors have lots of young guys they want to see if they can develop. Jordan Poole is for some reason unplayable to begin the year and Brad Wanamaker is given a huge leash despite his struggles. James Wiseman is benched for Kevon Looney, even though Kerr said we're not chasing wins. Looney is at his ceiling and won't be getting any better. Eric Paschall has now been benched for the last few games.

3) Warriors don't deal Oubre at the trade deadline and after it passes he almost immediately signals that he's going elsewhere next year. The reason they kept him was because they said they wanted to compete for a playoff spot still. BUT, Kerr just said he's going to play the young guys more.

4) With Kerr saying he was playing the young guys more, he played Wiseman 18 minutes last night, citing he liked the matchups. WTF.

At the very minimum there is a large disconnect through the organization. I wouldn't be surprised to see some restructuring during the off-season. Maybe nothing as huge as firings or dismissals, but an overhaul of objectives.

Weird season.
Biggest gripe I have is the game itself and how it has evolved into a 3 pt contest.

what’s the average 36%?

that means , you have leveled the playing field . The reason why the standings have most teams 1 or 2 games apart.

teams like the lakers, who should be blowing opponents off the courts , are not, and now with injuries, dropping like stock market after raisin interest rates ..

c’mon man!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest gripe I have is the game itself and how it has evolved into a 3 pt contest.

what’s the average 36%?

that means , you have leveled the playing field . The reason why the standings have most teams 1 or 2 games apart.

teams like the lakers, who should be blowing opponents off the courts , are not, and now with injuries, dropping like stock market after raisin interest rates ..

c’mon man!!!

You should write the league a letter. I'm sure with your phoney baloney minor league baseball experience the NBA would be interested in your bizarre thoughts.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what’s the average 36%?

c’mon man!!!
My comment was dedicated to the Warriors. Don't bring me into your shitshow you got going on here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right about 1 thing, players from the past would play through minor injuries a lot more often.

But you are dead wrong to blame the player. People within the organization, training staff, front office, even coaches understand what is at stake. They have a lot invested in their athletes and it is stupid to let them pull an Isaiah Thomas and risk making a minor injury worse by playing through it.

ESPECIALLY in a regular season game.

Sometimes it is the athlete making the decision to sit. More often though it is the organization protecting the player from themselves by holding them out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No f n clue !!!

Load management is an organizational decision in the vast majority of cases. NOT the player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are dead wrong to blame the player. People within the organization, training staff, front office, even coaches understand what is at stake. They have a lot invested in their athletes and it is stupid to let them pull an Isaiah Thomas and risk making a minor injury worse by playing through it.

ESPECIALLY in a regular season game.
Cowherd was just talking about this in relation the Lakers and Nets with the AD, Lebron and KD injuries.

He thinks that both teams are slow playing their return.

There are about 22 games left in the regular season, I'm sure the Lakers would be good with being around .500 for the next 10-12 games and then bringing them back with 10 or so games left. The Nets are probably thinking the same re: KD.