• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass Draymond saying he is the best defender to ever play in the league. Fn sideshow clown is all he is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Heck, I've defended the Celtics to Celtics fans who were having doubts about them. A fair amount is definitely on Ainge, but they've had some tough luck too. Can't really put Haywards leg falling off on him and while there was signs that Kyrie was crazy, no one knew how crazy, so he did a deal that pretty much any GM would have.

But he's definitely made a fair amount of mistakes. Starting with, hanging on to a lot of them for too long trying to "win" every trade.

I think that Ainge ultimately fell a little too in love with making great deals and less in love with getting good players. I remembered when the Celtics traded their pick to the Sixers that the Sixers used to get Thybulle. Brand hardly handled that with aplomb(it was obvious that the Sixers lusted after one player) and I remember everyone giving Ainge huge credit for an extra 2nd round picks for that move. And they wound up getting, IIRC, Carsen Edwards and Ty Jerome. So he was praised at the time but in retrospect he gave up a guy who could be a perennial all-defense guy for a couple of players that look to be marginal players at best.

Obviously, the draft is a crap shoot to some extent. But how much could the Celtics use a rangey wing that can defend 1-4 at a high level, right about now.

At some point you just have to hit on players and he really hasn't done so.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you'd agree with Kerr here as when your foolish comments are thrown back at you you play the taken out of context card.

should have said he didn't mind the drama free 2020 season and left it at that. Only thing taken out of context were the inferences made about Durant as he never mentioned Durant and they cannot know he was talking about him.

But he did, in fact, say he preferred the bottom feeder season over winning a title. This is not out of context and what some don't agree with.

He didn’t win a title in 2019 and he had multiple star players suffer major injuries.

Also, as a competitor, getting close to a title and losing is way harder emotionally than completely sucking.

So there were many reasons why 2019 might not have been a fun season for Kerr.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you realize in one of your earlier posts you were doing the same thing- speculating on what Kerr's words "really meant" - while criticizing someone else for doing the exact same thing?

I was telling people not to take the tweet partially quoting him to mean anything serious. The original post I quoted was @CitySushi fearing that it might get to the point where Curry might request a trade.

So yeah, I guess I am criticizing people trying to blow this quote out of proportion and create drama.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat offense gone to shit for the last week

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metta has to get some love of some sort.
If we open it up to former players it gets a lot more fun
I was doing current players only

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are going to fire sale their veterans and they all want to play for Miami???

It makes sense. None of the Gay, Derozan, Aldridge trio figure to sign long term with SA. All of them are expiring trade valuable players.
The Spurs are sort of locked into that 7-9 seed play in game range with or without the veterans.

None of those guys really make the Spurs a top 3 team...and they are unlikely to collapse to the 11th best team without them.
The youth movement is really paying dividends.
Murray, White, Poetl, Johnson, Walker, and Vassel look like a winning core long term.