• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do the Kings have though?

Fox is pretty good.

After that? Their best players are quality role guys. Not equipped to be 2nd and 3rd options. Fox isn’t equipped to be a #1 option.

If they were in the East, they should be a playoff team. In the West though? That roster isn’t going to cut it.
curious your thoughts as I almost never see the Wizards. On a local forum there's a guy who still cries about picking Sexton and Garland. Really wanted Avdija and described him as a playmaking stud. Only see box scores, but the guy usually has as many assists as me.

Will Cavs regret passing on him?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake could still help a lot of teams as a backup big. He's still an excellent passer even though his athleticism has been shot. All the top contenders should still kick the tires on him.

I'm sure that a lot of folks will give him a look. But everything I've heard about him is that he is cooked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember they would tighten up and play sort of for real late in the game, not like playoff level intensity but sort of regular season game in January level. Defense was less complicated back then too.

Yeah, the first 3 quarters were pretty much an exhibition. In the 4th quarter, especially if the game was relatively close, pride would kick in and they would ramp up the defense.

As you mentioned, it wasn't playoff level, no one was getting knocked on their ass if they drove the lane...but they weren't just giving free runs to the rim either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious your thoughts as I almost never see the Wizards. On a local forum there's a guy who still cries about picking Sexton and Garland. Really wanted Avdija and described him as a playmaking stud. Only see box scores, but the guy usually has as many assists as me.

Will Cavs regret passing on him?
sorry, @tlance Meant Okoro, who they took over him. Not Garland. For Garland he just complains about him because too short.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Pistons and Blake are parting ways. Curious to see if anyone even wants Blake at this point even for a low salary.

He's a vet that's averaging 12 & 5. Not good at guessing games so not going to try to pick a team he'll end up with. But I can see a playoff caliber type team interested in him. Especially if he's will to come off the bench.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ignorant post. I get that Draymond is less traditional to understand his value but I thought you were knowledgeable? Maybe not.

I'll give a hint, he's not a power forward at all except on defense. On offense he's a pass first point guard

It's the TT discussion all over again. He was never as valuable to other teams as he was to the Cavs when they were contenders and Dray isn't as valuable to other teams as he is to the Warriors.

Some guys have great careers because they are truly great players and some have great careers because they were in a great situation.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the TT discussion all over again. He was never as valuable to other teams as he was to the Cavs when they were contenders and Dray isn't as valuable to other teams as he is to the Warriors.

Some guys have great careers because they are truly great players and some have great careers because they were in a great situation.
Draymond would be every bit as valuable to the Blazers right now as he would the Warriors.

Of course situations matter, but saying Draymond was solely good because he was on the Warriors isn't a very good take.

Put Draymond on the Rockets or Blazers from 2015-2019 and I genuinely believe they have shots to beat the Warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond would be every bit as valuable to the Blazers right now as he would the Warriors.

Of course situations matter, but saying Draymond was solely good because he was on the Warriors isn't a very good take.

Put Draymond on the Rockets or Blazers from 2015-2019 and I genuinely believe they have shots to beat the Warriors.

I'm talking value as far as production relative to what he is paid. TT would have had value on any other team as well. Hell, I've wanted him on the Lakers for years. But not at the price the Cavs paid him and his impact likely wouldn't be as profound.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure LeBron and Durant not picking Jazz players was a statement about what they thought of their regular season win totals.
What, you mean they don’t like being made to look bad? Jazz are a bunch of damn overachievers I guess.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure LeBron and Durant not picking Jazz players was a statement about what they thought of their regular season win totals.

lol

Lebron said it was because no one played or really even thought about the Jazz when they were kids playing NBA video games.

Which is both hilarious and true.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole was outstanding and I would think he earned himself more minutes moving forward. Wiseman played okay. Paschall looked awful.

Paschall has a weird build for the NBA

Kind of surprised he's a regular.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you mean they don’t like being made to look bad? Jazz are a bunch of damn overachievers I guess.

They kind of are. They look like a team built to win in the regular season. But who do they have that is going to do anything with guys like Lebron, Kawhi, etc. in the playoffs. It's one thing to beat those guys on a random Tuesday night in February. It's quite another to beat them 4 times out of 7 in the playoffs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Blake Griffin dunks in the first game for his new team

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kind of are. They look like a team built to win in the regular season. But who do they have that is going to do anything with guys like Lebron, Kawhi, etc. in the playoffs. It's one thing to beat those guys on a random Tuesday night in February. It's quite another to beat them 4 times out of 7 in the playoffs.
I tend to agree but if they can get fans back in the stands home court will mean something. I just hate anything that takes away from the game, all the games.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a vet that's averaging 12 & 5. Not good at guessing games so not going to try to pick a team he'll end up with. But I can see a playoff caliber type team interested in him. Especially if he's will to come off the bench.

Any team he would start for isn't capable of winning a playoff series

He's been THAT bad. He can shoot 3s at a mediocre rate. He's below average at everything else other than maybe passing

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me that the Jazz are living off of playing great defense and being extremely efficient at 3 point shooting. But I'm not sure if that will work for them against playoff defenses. I actually think the same thing, to a lesser extent, with regards to the Clippers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a catch 22. If he comes out and balls he is a living, breathing POS. But on the bright side he would make more money.

More likely he's just cooked and he'll be picked by a team and wind up not getting any minutes.