• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was in the East I would agree but West is so loaded at G that it is hard. For a guy like CJ to never make the AS game shows how tough it is but we will see as you said
Some damn good guards in the East, too. I don't think he'd have made it this year and next year wouldn't be easy either (unless some guys are shipped out).

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Twitter banned me for 12 hours! I’ve never been gone that long!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid-LeBron MVP Race....

4 straight losses without Davis for LeBron

Sixers 21-11- first in the East
Lakers 22-11- third in the West

Embiid- 29.8 pts, 11.3 boards, 1.3 steals, 1.3 blocks, 3.1 assists, 0.9 turnovers. Elite defense. 52.7% FG, 40.5% on 3's (only 2.8 attempts per game).

LeBron- 25.6 pts, 8.1 rebounds, 0.5 blocks, 1.0 steals, 8.0 assists, 3.9 turnovers. Above average defense. 50.2% FG, 35.1% on 3's (6.7 per game- this was at over 40% not too long ago).

LeBron obviously has the ball in his hands a lot more- and he is still one of the games great passers at 8.0 apg. 3.9 turnovers a game is significantly more than Embiid's 0.9, but so is LeBron's assist totals. Statistically Embiid has LeBron everywhere but assists- which is understandable. Almost 4 turnovers game offsets that a little bit though.

LeBron can still play great defense- he just cant do it all game- its not like that is a recent development- it goes back to early Cleveland 2.0 days.

LeBron has played every game and Embiid has missed a few games so you gotta give LeBron some credit there.

The Lakers cant keep up this type of losing without Davis if LeBron expects to stay in the race. It was not even a competitive game last night.

How many competitive games are you going to have against teams that make 50 3s over 2 nights? Lebron was terrible last night and broke his string of min 10/5/5 games. So many unforced turnovers, especially from him. The game started well enough, very close after 1. Then the boost the Lakers got from the starting lineup change faded as their depth was challenged and the game was out of hand quickly. Terrible shot selection from Kuzma. Why the hell are they bothering with roster spots for guys like Cacok, Kostas, and McKinnie if they can't be trusted in a game that isn't already decided? Even Dudley looks out of shape and pathetically slow out there, but at least he manages to compete (but left SO many 3 point shooters open). So frustrating.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Boston Celtics right now is one of the most frustrating things I've seen in quite some time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many competitive games are you going to have against teams that make 50 3s over 2 nights? Lebron was terrible last night and broke his string of min 10/5/5 games. So many unforced turnovers, especially from him. The game started well enough, very close after 1. Then the boost the Lakers got from the starting lineup change faded as their depth was challenged and the game was out of hand quickly. Terrible shot selection from Kuzma. Why the hell are they bothering with roster spots for guys like Cacok, Kostas, and McKinnie if they can't be trusted in a game that isn't already decided? Even Dudley looks out of shape and pathetically slow out there, but at least he manages to compete (but left SO many 3 point shooters open). So frustrating.

The Lakers have lost 4 in a row to the Nets, Heat, Wizards and Jazz without their 2nd and 3rd best players. With them, they likely finish 2-2 at worst and probably 3-1.

All we learn from this is that without AD, they're not winning a title...which we already knew. lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is starting to struggle a bit with his offense, particularly his shooting. I think a part of it is probably his legs are getting shot because of having to guard harder than he ever has before. He's still been amazing on defense, but it's affecting his offense to a degree. All-star break could be a really nice re-charge for him.

Oubre, who I have continued to shit on all year, has been playing extremely well. He's still really hit or miss on defense, but his 3 point shooting is really coming around. The biggest thing though for me is his movement in the offense is much more fluid. He's starting to realize if he moves without the ball and also relocating, he's going to be getting a lot of easy open corner 3 looks or slashes to the basket. His efficiency has gone up tremendously.

Wiseman with two solid games since he's been back. Things are starting to finally come together a bit for this team. The Warriors are have a tough 6 games coming up (not including the Charlotte game). 3 games heading into break against the Lakers, Blazers and Suns, then the first 3 out of the break against the Clippers, Jazz and Lakers. If the Warriors can somehow squeak out a .500 record there that would be best case scenario.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is starting to struggle a bit with his offense, particularly his shooting. I think a part of it is probably his legs are getting shot because of having to guard harder than he ever has before. He's still been amazing on defense, but it's affecting his offense to a degree. All-star break could be a really nice re-charge for him.

Oubre, who I have continued to shit on all year, has been playing extremely well. He's still really hit or miss on defense, but his 3 point shooting is really coming around. The biggest thing though for me is his movement in the offense is much more fluid. He's starting to realize if he moves without the ball and also relocating, he's going to be getting a lot of easy open corner 3 looks or slashes to the basket. His efficiency has gone up tremendously.

Wiseman with two solid games since he's been back. Things are starting to finally come together a bit for this team. The Warriors are have a tough 6 games coming up (not including the Charlotte game). 3 games heading into break against the Lakers, Blazers and Suns, then the first 3 out of the break against the Clippers, Jazz and Lakers. If the Warriors can somehow squeak out a .500 record there that would be best case scenario.

They are either catching the Lakers at a really good time, or a really bad time.

Depends how pissed off LeBron is.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If AD isn't playing for the Lakers we'll have great shots at those games.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right.

Jimmy’s issue in Minnesota was with the personnel and the fact that management chose to pay Wiggins before they paid him. He hated Wiggins.

Forsure.

I mean don't get me wrong Minny is not some destination spot especially for basketball. So it would be outrageous to say Jimmy woulda retired a timberwolf if Wiggins wasnt around.

But this was very much a Wiggins and some Towns issue for him. Things boiled over quickly as a result. His tenure would not have went down the way it did if he enjoyed playing with the young guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol but when it comes to Miami it is they were such a fluke lmao

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says 5 team parlay, but he really needed 10 things to hit, right? That's amazing.
Yep. Amazing hit. But 50 bucks on that? How often is that gonna happen, 1 in 17363737 how often has he and many orhers lost that 50

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Amazing hit. But 50 bucks on that? How often is that gonna happen, 1 in 17363737 how often has he and many orhers lost that 50

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Not only did he need the Warriors to win by 3, he also needed that game's total to be under 225 points, and he needed 5 doubles like that. I wouldn't have much fun watching that game. You're like, "Curry, yes, you made a 3," and "Curry, no, don't score too much" all at the same time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yeah, I read that parlays aren't really what you want to do because of the very low probability, which is why people just bet small amounts on them. Just save up some money and make a big bet on a single thing that you really believe in.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of which, I bet $300 bucks on the Nets -7.5. I'm regretting my belief in them right now. LOL.

Edit: They are making a run and have taken the lead. Maybe this will still work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When i first got into real betting last year, this is the type of bet i used to do. Incredibly hard to hit because total points in the NBA is so unpredictable and like any other sport picking games ATS is hard as well

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i first got into real betting last year, this is the type of bet i used to do. Incredibly hard to hit because total points in the NBA is so unpredictable and like any other sport picking games ATS is hard as well
Yep its incredibly jard. Thats why i said even 50 on that is nuts
Speaking of which, I bet $300 bucks on the Nets -7.5. I'm regretting my belief in them right now. LOL.

Edit: They are making a run and have taken the lead. Maybe this will still work.
18 at the half. Woooo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is there a story about Bronny Jr's knee surgery on the front of ESPN's page? why? why?

ESPN is a fucking soap opera at this point. what a joke