• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pickup for the Wizards, not so much for the Rockets.

Why? Rockets got a first, and they are tearing it down. It doesn't matter if they are worse this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more suits

No track pants though. Still has to be business attire. I was totally looking forward to Stan Van Gundy not even bother to try with his outfit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Rockets got a first, and they are tearing it down. It doesn't matter if they are worse this year.

If they are in fact tearing it down and they trade Harden, we can reevaluate.

As of now they haven’t.

Even then, the gap between Wall and Westbrook is a lot more than a protected first from a team that is probably going to be in the playoffs.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would call his bluff on sitting out the season I don't see James Harden throwing away his career and stats. The NBA season will go on with or without him he can either be a star and play on TV or just sit at home and watch other stars play in the all star game, playoffs, and receive accolades like 1st or 2nd all NBA team etc.

Owners of any professional sports league do not like it when players use their power to stiff arm them. They don't want to start a trend of giving players the super max contract and crying their way out of the team. Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis did this although Kawhi had better reasons than either of them but both were on expiring contracts so teams had to hurry and come up with a deal. Harden has like 3 years left I would definitely call his bluff that he wont show up because if they take a wack deal the Rockets will be on the bottom of the league in wins so I would rather put up with a pissed off Harden waiting for the right deal than have a sorry team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would call his bluff on sitting out the season I don't see James Harden throwing away his career and stats. The NBA season will go on with or without him he can either be a star and play on TV or just sit at home and watch other stars play in the all star game, playoffs, and receive accolades like 1st or 2nd all NBA team etc.

Owners of any professional sports league do not like it when players use their power to stiff arm them. They don't want to start a trend of giving players the super max contract and crying their way out of the team. Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis did this although Kawhi had better reasons than either of them but both were on expiring contracts so teams had to hurry and come up with a deal. Harden has like 3 years left I would definitely call his bluff that he wont show up because if they take a wack deal the Rockets will be on the bottom of the league in wins so I would rather put up with a pissed off Harden waiting for the right deal than have a sorry team.

Anthony Davis did not do this.

Anthony Davis asked to be traded. He clearly stated that he would play out his contract until he was traded.

The Pelicans decided to shut him down.

We shall see how long Harden keeps this up. My guess is that he probably comes back to Houston at some point, but even then, the message is clear.

Houston can’t afford not to trade him since he doesn’t want to be there.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis did not do this.

Anthony Davis asked to be traded. He clearly stated that he would play out his contract until he was traded.

The Pelicans decided to shut him down.

We shall see how long Harden keeps this up. My guess is that he probably comes back to Houston at some point, but even then, the message is clear.

Houston can’t afford not to trade him since he doesn’t want to be there.
Although he didn't stop showing up to work Anthony Davis still requested a trade out of New Orleans and made it clear the only team he wanted to be traded to was the LA Lakers. The same way Harden wants to be traded to either Brooklyn or Philly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. What you said should be their conditions right now. It's not like they have to trade him any time soon.

But, there may be a point where they just have to take what they can get from whoever they can get the best deal from. Just so, as an organization, they can move on from him.

Even if it means sending him to a good team.

Also, I'd say it would depend on what they can get. For example, if the Sixers include Simmons in a trade...I think you do that if you're the Rockets.
This.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol wants to return....looking at the Lakers.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if the presesaon wasn't enough of a shit show, the Pistons start with a pair of games against the Knicks. Will I even be able to stomach one full game?

And, damn it, if they call Hayes to Doumbouya "The French Connection" more than once per game I may end up damaging my TV.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if the presesaon wasn't enough of a shit show, the Pistons start with a pair of games against the Knicks. Will I even be able to stomach one full game?

And, damn it, if they call Hayes to Doumbouya "The French Connection" more than once per game I may end up damaging my TV.

I have to say the Pistons were certainly the most interesting team in terms of moves made.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie down to 25 lol

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston should trade Harden ASAP. He is 31 right now....they wait and he is just that much older....driving down what they get in return.

Plus, I think he may not play till he is out of Houston.
I would love to see Harden cone to Brooklyn. With Irving and Durant I would love to see if they could be the next big 3 if he comes to Brooklyn

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he didn't stop showing up to work Anthony Davis still requested a trade out of New Orleans and made it clear the only team he wanted to be traded to was the LA Lakers. The same way Harden wants to be traded to either Brooklyn or Philly.

Many players have requested to be traded.

Very few have done what Harden is doing and refused to show up to work.

You made a poor analogy by using AD. What Harden is doing is not the same. He is attempting to create leverage with 2 full years left on his deal by not attending.

That is a really crappy move.