• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Rockets owner there is no way I am trading away James Harden unless the right deal comes along. When it comes to NBA stars I always say this you can either take the mega contract and stay with a team or leave to chase a ring. Lebron and Durant decided to chase the ring and guys like Harden and Lillard took the mega contract. Either option is totally fine but to me its dirty in taking the mega contract then trying to complain and force their way to a winning team is a bitch move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Rockets owner there is no way I am trading away James Harden unless the right deal comes along. When it comes to NBA stars I always say this you can either take the mega contract and stay with a team or leave to chase a ring. Lebron and Durant decided to chase the ring and guys like Harden and Lillard took the mega contract. Either option is totally fine but to me its dirty in taking the mega contract then trying to complain and force their way to a winning team is a bitch move.

The questions the Rockets have to ask themselves is what they consider "the right deal" and how long they are willing to put with what Harden appears to be doing. They aren't going to get full value for him. No one ever gets full value when they trade away a star player.

So that leaves them with what they consider to be acceptable value. That could be anything from a couple of 2nd tier type stars, a 2nd tier star and some dependable role players, a mix of players and picks, etc. depending on whether they want to go full rebuild or try to reload on the fly and stay in the hunt.

They have what seems to be a good young coach, so maybe they decide to blow it up and trade Harden for a combination of solid young players and picks? Especially if Harden keeps avoiding practice with "no timetable for his return".

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The questions the Rockets have to ask themselves is what they consider "the right deal" and how long they are willing to put with what Harden appears to be doing. They aren't going to get full value for him. No one ever gets full value when they trade away a star player.

So that leaves them with what they consider to be acceptable value. That could be anything from a couple of 2nd tier type stars, a 2nd tier star and some dependable role players, a mix of players and picks, etc. depending on whether they want to go full rebuild or try to reload on the fly and stay in the hunt.

They have what seems to be a good young coach, so maybe they decide to blow it up and trade Harden for a combination of solid young players and picks? Especially if Harden keeps avoiding practice with "no timetable for his return".

You are correct and more than likely there isn't a deal out there that would equate to a James Harden level player. I will say there is no need to pull the trigger on anything considering he is under contract until like 2023 and right now nobody really wants a 31 year old guard getting paid 50 million a season and spending his time at strip clubs rather than training camp. Maybe a good team devastated with injuries like the warriors next season is willing to trade their top pick for Harden and pair him with their superstar or maybe a superstar from another team is disgruntled and is willing to do a swap? The point I am trying to make is that he is under contract for the next 3 seasons there is no need to hurry and make a trade.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct and more than likely there isn't a deal out there that would equate to a James Harden level player. I will say there is no need to pull the trigger on anything considering he is under contract until like 2023 and right now nobody really wants a 31 year old guard getting paid 50 million a season and spending his time at strip clubs rather than training camp. Maybe a good team devastated with injuries like the warriors next season is willing to trade their top pick for Harden and pair him with their superstar or maybe a superstar from another team is disgruntled and is willing to do a swap? The point I am trying to make is that he is under contract for the next 3 seasons there is no need to hurry and make a trade.
Except keeping him causes cancer in the locker room.....if he even shows up.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except keeping him causes cancer in the locker room.....if he even shows up.
Could be but I don't think he will go out there and stink up the court in the eyes of an owner I would imagine if he is out there balling and selling the Rockets brand they will deal with the headache.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be but I don't think he will go out there and stink up the court in the eyes of an owner I would imagine if he is out there balling and selling the Rockets brand they will deal with the headache.
And I am saying he may not show up to force their hand in trading him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on what his end game is with what appears to possibly be a "holdout". If he does start playing, I expect that he'll be the player he always is, his individual stats are too important to him. The problem is that will make the Rockets a 4-8 seed which means they won't have a shot at a title, but won't get a lottery pick either.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston should trade Harden ASAP. He is 31 right now....they wait and he is just that much older....driving down what they get in return.

Plus, I think he may not play till he is out of Houston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston should trade Harden ASAP. He is 31 right now....they wait and he is just that much older....driving down what they get in return.

Plus, I think he may not play till he is out of Houston.

They can easily fine him. Thats an easy suspension without pay if he wants to sit out the season. He scheduled to make 41M this year

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can easily fine him. Thats an easy suspension without pay if he wants to sit out the season. He scheduled to make 41M this year
And he has a net worth of 165 million....I think he could afford sitting out until traded.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

why did the wizards sign trash instead of Shabazz at PG?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has a net worth of 165 million....I think he could afford sitting out until traded.

I don't know why you think anyone wants to miss out on 41 million....one of the reasons is starting now instead of January because players were going to miss out on lots of money but you really think a player would be ok without seeing a penny of the 41 million he's supposed to make in a year lmfao

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you think anyone wants to miss out on 41 million....one of the reasons is starting now instead of January because players were going to miss out on lots of money but you really think a player would be ok without seeing a penny of the 41 million he's supposed to make in a year lmfao

Depends on how bad he wants out and how long he figures he has to sit to get what he wants.

It's not as if professional athletes have never held out to force a trade or to try to get their contracts renegotiated. Refusing to play is arguably one of the biggest bargaining chips a player has. Especially a star player like Harden who can effect attendance by not playing.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how bad he wants out and how long he figures he has to sit to get what he wants.

It's not as if professional athletes have never held out to force a trade or to try to get their contracts renegotiated. Refusing to play is arguably one of the biggest bargaining chips a player has. Especially a star player like Harden who can effect attendance by not playing.
Don't remember one time a nba player sat out the entire season.

Reactions: DJ