• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is so crucial to this team, on both ends.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah in the NBA more than the other sports your team matters for that. That's why Curry has no chance.

Yeah, outside of Westbrook, I can't really think of an MVP whose team wasn't at least a conference finals contender.

And Westbrook had to average a triple double to get his. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson’s situation isn’t a cash grab.

The Texans organization has proven to be utterly incompetent. In a very short span, they have given away a ton of draft capital AND traded away Watson’s best weapon for pennies.

And, they made promises to Watson that he would be involved in the GM/coach hiring decisions, then completely ignored his input.

It is basically impossible to manage a pro sports team worse than the Texans have. And I know a thing or two about that as a Washington sports fan.

Lastly, there are some businesses were employees do have more leverage than others. Sports are 1. If you are good enough at your craft to have an irreplaceable skill set, then you can dictate terms to your employer also.

A top 5 QB is not replaceable. Watson has leverage as a result.
this is so delusional.

Watson signed the deal. If he didnt have full faith that the Texans front office would be competitive- sign a shorter deal.

but of course he doesnt- he wants as much money as he can possibly get.

and Draymond is an idiot. Its not like a player is hurt or not performing that a team can just get out of a contract. You cant say- hey Blake Griffin - wed be much better without you on our payroll- we are cutting you.

My thing- and i think it makes perfect sense to any person that has a shred of intelligence- is that- if you dont want to be somewhere or long term- or if have mis givings about the front office, or if you want to keep your options open- dont sign a 5 year contract and take a bunch of bonus money and then cry 6 months later when it turns out the team that you voluntarily signed a contract with makes a bunch of bad moves/moves you dont agree with.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kinda not. Not because of his play, because his team isn't really a contender.

Yes they are lol

They're 4th and he's doing this without CJ and Nurk. They're a much better team than the Nuggets and Warriors and the media been mentioning players on those teams as MVP candidates all season long.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Jazz finish the Clips in a few minutes, Portland will only have one more loss than the Clippers.

Top 5 record in basketball and doing this without CJ who was having a career year and playing like a top 15 player.

My MVP ballot looks like this so far:

Lebron
Dame
Embiid

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are lol

They're 4th and he's doing this without CJ and Nurk. They're a much better team than the Nuggets and Warriors and the media been mentioning players on those teams as MVP candidates all season long.

lol

Yeah, just like they were contenders in the bubble and got taken out in 5.

They're not a contender. They're not beating the Lakers, Clippers or Jazz and maybe not the Nuggets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides almost always honor the contract.
Green is saying that when management wants to move a player to another team they don't take a reputation hit.
But when a player wants to change teams, he is labeled a locker-room cancer and a malcontent.
Does it say in a player's contract he can't ask for a trade?
I agree with Green. Neither the player or the management owe loyalty. They only owe what their contract says they owe.
i totally agree with this

you have every right to ask to be moved if you want to be moved--- but be prepared for the team to tell you to shove it- that you voluntarily signed a contract- and that you should honor your contract

what gets me upset is when a schmuck like Harden voluntarily signs a long term contract, is given all the perks and accolodes that come with it--- and when he gets tired of being in a place- starts to act up just to get his way- doesnt give the effort that comes with the contract that he signed. Doesnt show up to workouts, comes into camp fat, has a bad attitude with his teammates.

if what you truly value is flexiblity and to go where you want--- then sign a shorter deal. Every single player has the choice of what they value more--- guaranteed money on a long term scale--- or being able to choose where he wants to play.

Kevin Love for example- his in his early thirties- i am sure he would love to go to a contender, - there have been plenty of rumors about it- but he sitll works hard, does the right things, is a good teammate and acts like a professional because he VOLUNTARILY signed a long term contract where he got paid a lot of money and he intends to live up to that deal.

threatening to sit out, dogging it, not staying in shape, not getting along with your teammates as a way to force a teams hand is scummy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not a contender. They're not beating the Lakers, Clippers or Jazz and maybe not the Nuggets.

Terrible argument. They made the necessary roster upgrades in the offseason

About half of the guys in their rotation now wasn't on the team last year so yeah bringing up last year isn't relevant

Nuggets aren't close to better than this team. Portland healthy wipe them out in 5 or 6. Bubble Murray is gone and he ain't coming back and that's the only possible way they beat Portland

Just because you're the 4th best team in the conference doesn't mean you're not a contender to make a deep playoffs run. Portland and Phoenix can both make deep playoffs run. Just like in the East a team like Boston can make a deep run in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again the media been hyping up Jokic and Steph as MVP candidates ahead of Dame. When did the Warriors and Nuggets become "title contenders"?

If you been watching basketball this season, Portland is much better than both of those teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

all things being equal you are definitely right- but things happen. Right now Portland has a ton of injuries and a lot of those are pretty healthy. All it would take is an Anthony Davis achilees strain or Jokic getting covid at the wrong time for Portland to be able to get to a WCF and then you never know.

Especially if they get healthy and get going. Covington hasnt done much of anything offensively but hes the type of wing that can give guys like Kawhi or LeBron some resistance.

Portland is probably one more piece from being in that upper tier - but i dont think its a major piece. - and look at Miami last year- a few injuries for the opposition, Milwaukee falling apart amid all the civil rights stuff after the guy in their city gets shot and the team gets distracted- and boom you are in the Finals- now the bubble was its own animal and lent itself to some flukey results, but there are still plenty of room for flukey results this year with everything going on.

Basically- i wouldnt bet on Portland getting to the Finals but its certainly not impossible. STranger things have happened.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again the media been hyping up Jokic and Steph as MVP candidates ahead of Dame. When did the Warriors and Nuggets become "title contenders"?

If you been watching basketball this season, Portland is much better than both of those teams.
I already said Steph ain't winning. But they hype who they hype.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About half of the guys in their rotation now wasn't on the team last year so yeah bringing up last year isn't relevant

Nuggets aren't close to better than this team. Portland healthy wipe them out in 5 or 6. Bubble Murray is gone and he ain't coming back and that's the only possible way they beat Portland

Just because you're the 4th best team in the conference doesn't mean you're not a contender to make a deep playoffs run. Portland and Phoenix can both make deep playoffs run. Just like in the East a team like Boston can make a deep run in the playoffs.

They are not a contender. And yes, unless you are a team like the Spurs for 20 years, or a veteran team with championship experience like the Lakers, you're not a contender for a deep playoff run. Portland is a 2nd round exit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. If Nurkic gets healthy and Covington comes around on offense they could make some noise. Its a solid team that has a lot of continuity, is well coached.

I am not betting on them making the Finals but i dont think it would be some insane totally out of left field upset if they did--- especially if they can add one more decent piece.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree with this

you have every right to ask to be moved if you want to be moved--- but be prepared for the team to tell you to shove it- that you voluntarily signed a contract- and that you should honor your contract

what gets me upset is when a schmuck like Harden voluntarily signs a long term contract, is given all the perks and accolodes that come with it--- and when he gets tired of being in a place- starts to act up just to get his way- doesnt give the effort that comes with the contract that he signed. Doesnt show up to workouts, comes into camp fat, has a bad attitude with his teammates.

if what you truly value is flexiblity and to go where you want--- then sign a shorter deal. Every single player has the choice of what they value more--- guaranteed money on a long term scale--- or being able to choose where he wants to play.

Kevin Love for example- his in his early thirties- i am sure he would love to go to a contender, - there have been plenty of rumors about it- but he sitll works hard, does the right things, is a good teammate and acts like a professional because he VOLUNTARILY signed a long term contract where he got paid a lot of money and he intends to live up to that deal.

threatening to sit out, dogging it, not staying in shape, not getting along with your teammates as a way to force a teams hand is scummy.

Agree completely. Asking to be traded is one thing. Pulling that other crap you pointed out in your last sentence is another. In those cases the 'entitled malcontent' label is earned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with no Wisemen and Green the Warriors front court goes from shallow to non existent. Good lord.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If Nurkic gets healthy and Covington comes around on offense they could make some noise. Its a solid team that has a lot of continuity, is well coached.

I am not betting on them making the Finals but i dont think it would be some insane totally out of left field upset if they did--- especially if they can add one more decent piece.

This team is better than the Portland team who made the WCF 2 years ago.

They're really deep and both Dame/CJ are better players than they were 2 years ago.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph is playing at a high level, has won a couple of MVP's and has 3 recent championships.

Your guess is as good as mine on Joker. His team is sitting in 7th right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically- i wouldnt bet on Portland getting to the Finals but its certainly not impossible. STranger things have happened.

Yep and I also wouldn't act like it is impossible for them to get out of the 2nd round