• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give LeBron plenty of credit in that- at least when he moved on- he did it as a free agent.

he played out the contract that he VOLUNTARILY signed. And when he earned the right - he chose where he wanted to go.

DeShaun---- if you WANT to choose where you want to play-- maybe dont sign a 4 year 160 million dollar deal 6 months before asking out.

its just ridiculous to me.

no player has ever signed a contract with a gun to their head.

Trevor Bauer just signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option to do exactly what he wanted to do- keep his flexiblity. He gave up a long term guaranteed contract to do so- because that flexibility is what you value

seeing a player sign a long erm guaranteed deal and then just a few months later turn around and bitch about the fact that he is stuck somewhere he doesnt want to be is just the height of hypocrisy. Its just stupidity and ignorance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, y'all need to prepare yourselves because the statement I'm about to make is going to bring together the worst of Covid, the murder hornets and all of the worst possible weather for every region...in short...it's going to cause the Apocalypse and make us all long for the good ol' days of 2020.

I agree pretty much 100% with Wiggy on this.

Hello Draymond? Welcome to being an employee. You might be famous, you might be very well compensated, etc. but at the end of the day, you are an employee just like the guy flipping burgers at McDonald's for minimum wage.

That means that, just like any other employee, you have rules to follow that are set by your employer and if you choose not to follow those rules, you can find yourself no longer employed. But, unlike the guy flipping burgers for minimum wage, you get paid every penny of your contract while the other guy gets to hope that he can find another job or start collecting unemployment benefits before his bills start coming due again.

And yes Lebron, the employer typically gets to set the narrative because that what you get to do when you are the boss. Pretty sure you're the one setting the narratives for your businesses.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give LeBron plenty of credit in that- at least when he moved on- he did it as a free agent.

he played out the contract that he VOLUNTARILY signed. And when he earned the right - he chose where he wanted to go.

DeShaun---- if you WANT to choose where you want to play-- maybe dont sign a 4 year 160 million dollar deal 6 months before asking out.

its just ridiculous to me.

no player has ever signed a contract with a gun to their head.

Trevor Bauer just signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option to do exactly what he wanted to do- keep his flexiblity. He gave up a long term guaranteed contract to do so- because that flexibility is what you value

seeing a player sign a long erm guaranteed deal and then just a few months later turn around and bitch about the fact that he is stuck somewhere he doesnt want to be is just the height of hypocrisy. Its just stupidity and ignorance.
I agree with this post but what does it have to do with Drummond?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, y'all need to prepare yourselves because the statement I'm about to make is going to bring together the worst of Covid, the murder hornets and all of the worst possible weather for every region...in short...it's going to cause the Apocalypse and make us all long for the good ol' days of 2020.

I agree pretty much 100% with Wiggy on this.

Hello Draymond? Welcome to being an employee. You might be famous, you might be very well compensated, etc. but at the end of the day, you are an employee just like the guy flipping burgers at McDonald's for minimum wage.

That means that, just like any other employee, you have rules to follow that are set by your employer and if you choose not to follow those rules, you can find yourself no longer employed. But, unlike the guy flipping burgers for minimum wage, you get paid every penny of your contract while the other guy gets to hope that he can find another job or start collecting unemployment benefits before his bills start coming due again.

And yes Lebron, the employer typically gets to set the narrative because that what you get to do when you are the boss. Pretty sure you're the one setting the narratives for your businesses.
correct.

and like i said---- the next time i see an NBA say that he was forced to sign a contract will be the first.

Not one player has ever signed a contract against their will. If they value flexibility and a no trade clause and picking who they play for more than mountains of guaranteed money that is certainly their right.

Be Trevor Bauer. Leave a ton of money on the table and sign a 1 year deal with a no trade clause. That way you are always just a few months from choosing your next location.

But we all know that will never happen----- they will signa VOLUNTARY contract for every last dollar they can squeeze out, and then cry, bitch, gain weight, dog it, fight with their teammates, use the media, to try and get their way just like spoiled children.

i hope the Texans tell Watson to go get fucked and that if he doesnt want to play then to pay us back the bonus money and file your retirement papers.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this post but what does it have to do with Drummond?

Yea

Dre has been shipped about for pennies on the dollar despite having an output well above that.

Hes a weird case in a league trying to define bigs.

I mean...at one point he was top 5 in all 3 key defensive categories. Has that ever happened? I don't know that Ben Wallace managed that

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont know what Drummond had to do with anything that Draymond said-- all though- Draymond was mostly spouting ill thought out nonsense.
Ok just clarifying. I agree players with time left on their deals should honor their contract, especially if they just signed it or if there's lots of years left. Like DeSean Watson. If you want the team to move you, keep it quiet and be a pro.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea

Dre has been shipped about for pennies on the dollar despite having an output well above that.

Hes a weird case in a league trying to define bigs.

I mean...at one point he was top 5 in all 3 key defensive categories. Has that ever happened? I don't know that Ben Wallace managed that
less than a year ago no one wanted andre drummond and the Cavs gave up a 2nd round pick for him even though he was coming in on an expiring contract the next year.

it really shouldnt surprise anyone that drummond isnt fetching a big time asset for the Cavs despite strong statistical output.

He is kind of a black hole on offense though- when he has tried- his defense has been solid (though with Nance gone we have seen how instrumental nance was- more so then drummond thats for sure- on the defensive side).

As long as the Cavs keep cutting Drummond the pro-rated share of his 28 million dollar salary he wont have any problems. He didnt have any problems at all- Draymond for some reason had problems.

and if the NBA was really this cut throat anti player business then the Warriors would be allowed to cut draymond or re-negotiate his contract down to a reasonable figure like they can in the NFL.

There are few players in the NBA that will put up less production for such a large salary than Draymond over the next 4 years. He shouldbe thanking his lucky stars.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct.

and like i said---- the next time i see an NBA say that he was forced to sign a contract will be the first.

Not one player has ever signed a contract against their will. If they value flexibility and a no trade clause and picking who they play for more than mountains of guaranteed money that is certainly their right.

Be Trevor Bauer. Leave a ton of money on the table and sign a 1 year deal with a no trade clause. That way you are always just a few months from choosing your next location.

But we all know that will never happen----- they will signa VOLUNTARY contract for every last dollar they can squeeze out, and then cry, bitch, gain weight, dog it, fight with their teammates, use the media, to try and get their way just like spoiled children.

i hope the Texans tell Watson to go get fucked and that if he doesnt want to play then to pay us back the bonus money and file your retirement papers.

Eh

I see both sides. You sign a deal with the idea that the current situation keeps going along. Not that it happens a lot but if you're a top 15 player in any league and then the team takes a drastically different direction then the conditions you signed under changed dramatically.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok just clarifying. I agree players with time left on their deals should honor their contract, especially if they just signed it or if there's lots of years left. Like DeSean Watson. If you want the team to move you, keep it quiet and be a pro.
why sign the contract in the first place? he signed a deal like 6 months ago.

i mean its obvious they do it for a cash grab--- but cmon. Dont take the cash grab and then complain 6 months later. Its just ridiculous.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i mean its obvious they do it for a cash grab--- but cmon. Dont take the cash grab and then complain 6 months later. Its just ridiculous.

The timing isn't ideal especially he signed after they traded Hopkins

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh

I see both sides. You sign a deal with the idea that the current situation keeps going along. Not that it happens a lot but if you're a top 15 player in any league and then the team takes a drastically different direction then the conditions you signed under changed dramatically.
then sign a shorter term contract. How many franchises in all of sports can guarantee you a winning environment year after year after year?

The Lakers just came off of an 8 year period where they didnt do dick. The Patriots suck all of a sudden. The Spurs are pretty much irrelevant. The Warriors went from dynasty to the dumps. The Cavsw ent from 4 straight finals to awful.

there isnt a situation out there that you can GUARANTEE isnt going to change drasstically over a 4-5 year contract----- but if thats what yo uwant- and you want that big money and those long guarantees- you are taking a risk.

if you dont want to take that risk be Trevor Bauer and sign a 1 year deal.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then sign a shorter term contract. How many franchises in all of sports can guarantee you a winning environment year after year after year?

The Lakers just came off of an 8 year period where they didnt do dick. The Patriots suck all of a sudden. The Spurs are pretty much irrelevant. The Warriors went from dynasty to the dumps. The Cavsw ent from 4 straight finals to awful.

there isnt a situation out there that you can GUARANTEE isnt going to change drasstically over a 4-5 year contract----- but if thats what yo uwant- and you want that big money and those long guarantees- you are taking a risk.

if you dont want to take that risk be Trevor Bauer and sign a 1 year deal.

I just happen to agree that it's weak that the teams can disrespect their players in an open fashion and yet demand absolute professionalism from the players. I get the point on long term deals and there is certainly a valid point within that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is exactly what would happen if we could get some good old fashioned collusion fired back up lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is exactly what would happen if we could get some good old fashioned collusion fired back up lol
I'm not that worked up about it to be honest.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that worked up about it to be honest.
I’m not either, I mean right is right but the owners can’t get out of their own way so it is what it is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson’s situation isn’t a cash grab.

The Texans organization has proven to be utterly incompetent. In a very short span, they have given away a ton of draft capital AND traded away Watson’s best weapon for pennies.

And, they made promises to Watson that he would be involved in the GM/coach hiring decisions, then completely ignored his input.

It is basically impossible to manage a pro sports team worse than the Texans have. And I know a thing or two about that as a Washington sports fan.

Lastly, there are some businesses were employees do have more leverage than others. Sports are 1. If you are good enough at your craft to have an irreplaceable skill set, then you can dictate terms to your employer also.

A top 5 QB is not replaceable. Watson has leverage as a result.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a good night to get shitfaced to me.