• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people don’t get rings. It’s not all about stats either, it’s about how good or great you are. Barkley is a top 50 all time player.
No argument from me. They both have a top 50 all time mouth.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say yall have had the worst run in a while that I can remember of guys with injuries.

Fire the training staff!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible you'd ever admit your logic is off base? what homer trash? It's factual Philly went 5 years without making the playoffs in their last rebuild and when they made the playoffs they regressed a little. In the Cavs last rebuild they made the playoffs and Finals in year 5 and won it all in year 6. These are facts.
[/QUOTE]

When you stop trying to prove I'm wrong by bringing up tangential points, maybe I'll admit my logic is wrong. I have literally no idea why you keep bringing up the Sixers since they are not pertinent to this discussion. If you think that all the Cavs need to do is wait a couple of years and they will be a 50+ win team then I was giving you way too much credit.
More facts are they are now in year 3 post Lebron and have 2 seasons after this one to equal what philly did in their rebuild.

why don't you tell me again how a rookie is really on a 5 year deal because you think guys sign 1 year deals as RFAs? Is this one of those deals where you can repeat it into existence if you say it enough or is it the Costanaza philosophy of "it's not a lie if you believe it"?

Tell you what. You show me where I said any of this. Show me where I said that rookies are really on 5 year deals.

You keep looking to deflect into irrelevant points. What I said early on, for those who might try and pay attention, is that the Cavs are in a cycle of mediocrity and that if they don't change things around they are just going to repeat the same thing over and over again.

YOU brought up RFAs which deal with one season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure all but maybe 1-2 in this discussion realize they could lose him after his first extension. But as an RFA? Only if they want to.

The only person who doesn't realize this is the person you have created in your mind. Because you desperately want to pick fights rather than just have a regular discussion.

I should have known better than to engage with you when the Cavs are the topic.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about after year 8. You have 5 seasons to make Sexton want to remain a Cav. Sounds like a long time, but it really isn’t because every time you have to pay an RFA, building a roster under the tax line becomes harder.

Exactly. The guys that get max deals are pretty straight forward because their 2nd contract is DRAMATICALLY more than their rookie deal. But guys NOT on max deals become a lot more problematic because the team has to make a judgment call on whether they want to spend the money on them or not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The guys that get max deals are pretty straight forward because their 2nd contract is DRAMATICALLY more than their rookie deal. But guys NOT on max deals become a lot more problematic because the team has to make a judgment call on whether they want to spend the money on them or not.
Yep...and I never said anything that implies I don't agree with that. Only that it is up to the Cavs (or whichever team is in this situation) if they do not sign them or match an offer.

I think it will be an easy call with Sexton as he is trending to a max or near max extension. Garland will be a tougher call if someone offers close to a max and he has not improved. Even tougher for Okoro....Guess the other area I disagreed with you in a sense, though, is why the Cavs need to worry about it right now as there is plenty of time to decide on Garland and then Okoro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you add 1 season to a 4 year deal it's a 5 year deal. so unless you struggle with simple math you claimed they were on 5 year deals. Problem is no guy I can think of signed a 1 year deal after his rookie deal expired. Can you name one?

5 years of team control. What is so hard to comprehend about this?
In this case it was a couple things......First, that the Cavs could never compete starting with a core of Garland, Sexton and Okoro. Get some lottery luck and a top 2 pick and if the next draft lives up to the hype at the top they could compete sooner rather than later. Second, that any of these guys would walk because they struggle before it's time to sign their next deal. I pointed out IF they walk it will be because the Cavs chose to let them walk as they have no leverage as an RFA.

And this is what it all boils down to. You feeling the need to defend the Cavs. If you think the Cavs are one elite draft pick away from being contenders, more power to you. I literally wrote SEVERAL posts laying out what I said. That most teams remain stuck in mediocrity unless they hit the jackpot in a lottery or a big FA signing. If FAs are unlikely to go Cleveland then that means hitting a jackpot in the draft. Maybe the Cavs do next year but the odds aren't very good no matter where they wind up but especially if they wind up around 8-13 in the draft. So what then? Another bad year, close your eyes and pray for the best?

want to tell me it will be very difficult for the Cavs to be a title contender without some serious lottery luck, or some luck like picking a Giannis-type talent in the teens? I wont disagree.

It's like you ignored everything I said except for the stuff that you found offended the Cavs honor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...and I never said anything that implies I don't agree with that. Only that it is up to the Cavs (or whichever team is in this situation) if they do not sign them or match an offer.

I think it will be an easy call with Sexton as he is trending to a max or near max extension. Garland will be a tougher call if someone offers close to a max and he has not improved. Even tougher for Okoro....Guess the other area I disagreed with you in a sense, though, is why the Cavs need to worry about it right now as there is plenty of time to decide on Garland and then Okoro.

They would only need to worry about it if they had legitimate trade possibilities on the table that they were considering.

But I do agree their current trajectory for season is a bit problematic. I think they are better than a pretty good number of teams in the East and likely to fall outside the top 7 or 8 picks without a solid tanking effort or some really good lotto luck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't need to worry about it. But if the Cavs don't think they can win two shrimps in the backcourt, then they are better off moving one of them now rather than waiting until they are up for contract extensions and decisions have to be made.

If they believe that Garland could be become a bonafide star in the league, then maybe now is the time to move on from Sexton and get some big time assets for him. Maybe a team like the Pistons would give up the farm for him. Who knows? My point isn't that the Cavs SHOULD trade Sexton or Garland or anyone else for that matter. My point is that doing so might be the best chance for the Cavs to be an actual contender in a few years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would only need to worry about it if they had legitimate trade possibilities on the table that they were considering.

But I do agree their current trajectory for season is a bit problematic. I think they are better than a pretty good number of teams in the East and likely to fall outside the top 7 or 8 picks without a solid tanking effort or some really good lotto luck.

They could wind up in the playoffs with a losing record which, IMO, is the worst of all world for a franchise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to worry about it. But if the Cavs don't think they can win two shrimps in the backcourt, then they are better off moving one of them now rather than waiting until they are up for contract extensions and decisions have to be made.

If they believe that Garland could be become a bonafide star in the league, then maybe now is the time to move on from Sexton and get some big time assets for him. Maybe a team like the Pistons would give up the farm for him. Who knows? My point isn't that the Cavs SHOULD trade Sexton or Garland or anyone else for that matter. My point is that doing so might be the best chance for the Cavs to be an actual contender in a few years.
see i disagree because Garland may get his value up substantially in the next year or so. He already has raised his value with his play this year despite missing games and his injury.

At the end of this year maybe you take a look at it. If packaging Garland with your pick to move up a few spots to get a true star caliber player is on the table then its something you probably have to take into consideration.

Also---- would you call the Blazers are a failure and that they shouldve traded McCollum by now?

in the NBA its like 6 teams have won all the titles basically in the last 20 years.

the Sixers have what i think is the MVP in Embiid- and Simmons, and id put their championship chances at THE MOST at 20% this year. What is the scale your grading on?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i disagree because Garland may get his value up substantially in the next year or so. He already has raised his value with his play this year despite missing games and his injury.

At the end of this year maybe you take a look at it. If packaging Garland with your pick to move up a few spots to get a true star caliber player is on the table then its something you probably have to take into consideration.

Also---- would you call the Blazers are a failure and that they shouldve traded McCollum by now?

in the NBA its like 6 teams have won all the titles basically in the last 20 years.

the Sixers have what i think is the MVP in Embiid- and Simmons, and id put their championship chances at THE MOST at 20% this year. What is the scale your grading on?
That 6 teams thing is why I know Cleveland will never win another title

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its why GSW prob. wont either. lol.

it took a space craft exploding level of continuous improbable events to happen this time.
Nah but I know it helps you to think that. They might win one next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah but I know it helps you to think that. They might win one next year.
yah no chance.

Well- i take that back.

If they keep the Twolves pic, and package that and Wiseman for another star and get a team to take Draymond and Klay comes back healthy and stays healthy, and Curry stays injury free they might be able to keep that window open a little longer.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah no chance.

Well- i take that back.

If they keep the Twolves pic, and package that and Wiseman for another star and get a team to take Draymond and Klay comes back healthy and stays healthy, and Curry stays injury free they might be able to keep that window open a little longer.
Sure, stuff has to happen but it's very plausible. And they can easily win more later. Cleveland, never.