• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t an extreme comment man.

You are just too much.

Your boy made a stupid homerific trade idea that is completely unrealistic. Maybe you should try calling him on it instead of your usual “but we don’t know what his trade value is until he is dealt”.

Yeah we can make some pretty good assumptions about player values based other deals we have seen.

Garland has value. Not enough to return a star like Beal. Wiseman would get closer to doing so.
It's extreme. as so often will be with you and that's cool. He didn't suggest Garland for Beal so there's that. And, no, you do not know what they think of a barely 21-year-old who already has shown improvement in year 2. Hell, I didn't think much of him as a rookie and said so, but he looks a lot better. If anything needs to shoot more. And, yes, also possible they don;t think much of him.

Drummond could have some value either as an expiring contract if they want that or maybe they think he's kind of good and would like to keep him? Might need to do better than lightly protected pick though from Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's extreme. as so often will be with you and that's cool. He didn't suggest Garland for Beal so there's that. And, no, you do not know what they think of a barely 21-year-old who already has shown improvement in year 2. Hell, I didn't think much of him as a rookie and said so, but he looks a lot better. If anything needs to shoot more. And, yes, also possible they don;t think much of him.

Drummond could have some value either as an expiring contract if they want that or maybe they think he's kind of good and would like to keep him? Might need to do better than lightly protected pick though from Cavs.

He suggested Garland, Drummond who the Wizards can’t use if they are trading Beal and lightly protected first.

Totally unrealistic.

Now maybe a 3rd team wanting Drummond could give the Wizards another major asset that could get closer, but that isn’t what he posted.

If the Wizards trade Beal they aren’t going to value veteran assets in return because it means they are going full tank.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He suggested Garland, Drummond who the Wizards can’t use if they are trading Beal and lightly protected first.

Totally unrealistic.

Now maybe a 3rd team wanting Drummond could give the Wizards another major asset that could get closer, but that isn’t what he posted.

If the Wizards trade Beal they aren’t going to value veteran assets in return because it means they are going full tank.
if you think you are going to get a lot more than a big expiring contract, a 20 year old point guard taken 5th overall that looks very talented, and what will likely be around the 6th-8th pick in this loaded draft- you are out of your mind.

not "completely unrealistic at all"

in fact- its more than the Rockets got for Harden.

would you rather have a bunch of shitty picks---- or a top 5 pick, and a top 7 pick in a loaded draft--- while not having to wait years to get them.

would you rather get Lonzo Ball and Hayes some LAkers and Bucks picks? Have to pay Lonzo 20M a year, get a big like Hayes who is not terribly different from what you have- and some late first round lotto tickets?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in NBA trades- id rather have quality over quantity any day.

Not having to take back any bad money, and getting 2 players who would be the core of your team and under long term control for years to come right NOW- is a lot more valuable than Victor Oladipo on an expiring contract, and a bunch of lotto tickets 5 years into the future.

especially in this upcoming draft. I mean in this upcoming draft you are going to have guys going 4th and 5th that are better prospects than Anthony Edwards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the twolves and heat might have blundered big time--- maybe not so much the Heat if they right the ship---- but OKC has their unprotected first rounder this year. In this draft......

AT LEAST the first 4 guys in this draft would go #1 overall last year. Could be as much as 6 with Kuminga and Ziare Williams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cade Cunningham- gonna be #1
2. Jalen Suggs
3. Mobley- i hate putting a big man here but hes a better prospect than Wiseman by a long a shot
4. Jalen Green
5. Jonathan Kuminga

those guys would all almost assuredly be #1 last year

other guys like Williams of Stanford, Johnson of Duke, and Barnes of Florida State all are very good prospects too. Williams especially.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Mobley- i hate putting a big man here but hes a better prospect than Wiseman by a long a shot

I've watched every game. He plays like AD. He has a long way to go to get to that level of course. Unless he takes a really big jump over the next half of the season, I'd say he needs 1 more year in college (although being a probable top 5 pick probably nixes that) or he should do like Kobe and not start for his first season or 2 (although that's unlikely since the team he goes to likely won't have that luxury like the Lakers did with Kobe).

His talent is obvious and the word that comes to mind when I watch him is "smooth". But he isn't aggressive/assertive enough yet and needs to learn to be a little more physical. He also defers to his brother (who looks to be a 2nd round pick right now) a little too much, even though he's the better player.

On the occasions when he has looked to be aggressive, good things happen, so hopefully he starts to do more of that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think you are going to get a lot more than a big expiring contract, a 20 year old point guard taken 5th overall that looks very talented, and what will likely be around the 6th-8th pick in this loaded draft- you are out of your mind.

not "completely unrealistic at all"

in fact- its more than the Rockets got for Harden.

would you rather have a bunch of shitty picks---- or a top 5 pick, and a top 7 pick in a loaded draft--- while not having to wait years to get them.

would you rather get Lonzo Ball and Hayes some LAkers and Bucks picks? Have to pay Lonzo 20M a year, get a big like Hayes who is not terribly different from what you have- and some late first round lotto tickets?

Now you are moving the goal posts.

The Cavs pick is top 7 now? After trading for Beal? Really?

Garland is a nice prospect. Not an elite one. You need to pay more to get a player like Beal. You are way overvaluing him as you do for every single Cavs player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in NBA trades- id rather have quality over quantity any day.

Not having to take back any bad money, and getting 2 players who would be the core of your team and under long term control for years to come right NOW- is a lot more valuable than Victor Oladipo on an expiring contract, and a bunch of lotto tickets 5 years into the future.

especially in this upcoming draft. I mean in this upcoming draft you are going to have guys going 4th and 5th that are better prospects than Anthony Edwards.

Of course I would rather have quality over quantity.

If Garland had that type of projectable upside, you wouldn’t be willing to trade him.

And you know it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 weeks after his last name due to covid, Jimmy is finally back

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are moving the goal posts.

The Cavs pick is top 7 now? After trading for Beal? Really?

Garland is a nice prospect. Not an elite one. You need to pay more to get a player like Beal. You are way overvaluing him as you do for every single Cavs player.
i asked you if there is a single prospect or pick out there that would hold more value than Garland and you had no response.

and- as i have shouted from the roof tops- i dont think the Cavs record is legit- i expect them to be a bottom 10 team by the end of the season. As does Jason Lloyd.

Lloyd-in an interview with 92.3 said the same thing that i have been thinking the whole time---- hustle and teamwork can get you a few extra wins a season- and the CAvs have a good coach, teamwork, and work ethic all around the roster---- its one of the reasons they got rid of Porter--- they didnt need that to break up what they have going

but its a lot of young guys that i think will run out of steam- especially as the league gets healthier and the vaccine gets distirubted- which i expect by the end of March.

I think the Cavs are still looking at the lotto and a top 10 pick in this loaded draft. Garland and a top 10 pick in this loaded draft and DRummond expiring is a lot better- at least in my eyes- than paying Lonzo Ball 20 million a year, getting Hayes who isnt a whole ton different than Robinson- and a pupu platter of first round picks years into the future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I would rather have quality over quantity.

If Garland had that type of projectable upside, you wouldn’t be willing to trade him.

And you know it.
with Sexton on the roster i would absolutely be willing to do it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Sexton on the roster i would absolutely be willing to do it.

The Wizards wouldn’t do that.

Like I said at the beginning, any Cav offer would have to start with Sexton or no deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i asked you if there is a single prospect or pick out there that would hold more value than Garland and you had no response.

and- as i have shouted from the roof tops- i dont think the Cavs record is legit- i expect them to be a bottom 10 team by the end of the season. As does Jason Lloyd.

Lloyd-in an interview with 92.3 said the same thing that i have been thinking the whole time---- hustle and teamwork can get you a few extra wins a season- and the CAvs have a good coach, teamwork, and work ethic all around the roster---- its one of the reasons they got rid of Porter--- they didnt need that to break up what they have going

but its a lot of young guys that i think will run out of steam- especially as the league gets healthier and the vaccine gets distirubted- which i expect by the end of March.

I think the Cavs are still looking at the lotto and a top 10 pick in this loaded draft. Garland and a top 10 pick in this loaded draft and DRummond expiring is a lot better- at least in my eyes- than paying Lonzo Ball 20 million a year, getting Hayes who isnt a whole ton different than Robinson- and a pupu platter of first round picks years into the future.

I said your offer was not even close. Didn’t need to name any single prospects with more value.

But later, I named 3. There are obviously more, but these 3 would possibly be in play if their teams wanted Beal.

Herro, Sexton and Wiseman

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets looking really good since trading Harden and getting healthy

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash