• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Wizards just want to move him as quickly as possible and will take a lesser deal or Beal wants to "poison the well" (which doesn't seem like his style), I doubt the Lakers have the assets for a trade. My guess is that they would have to try to clear the cap space and try to sign him as an FA in the off-season.
He's under contract next season with the Wiz.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way it’s not very enticing for WAS, especially considering after Lebron leaves Beal + AD will still be a playoff team at worst and those draft picks will be worthless late round 1st’s

That's why I don't think the Lakers can get him in a trade. They'd have to get him as an FA this off-season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, the Cavs play in the EC.
When you trade a star you look for the best offer, plain and simple. The Thunder traded PG to the Clippers.
CP3 went from Houston to Thunder to Suns.

Lakers fans can dream all they want but it isn’t realistic. They don’t have near the assets like they did trading for AD

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans can dream all they want but it isn’t realistic. They don’t have near the assets like they did trading for AD
Um, the Lakers fans on here were clowned for that.....people saying Ingram, Ball and Hart aren't enough for a player like AD. How'd that work out again?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the Cavs trading for Beal?

trade Garland, a lightly protected first rounder for next season and Drummond?
Sexton, Beal, Okoro, Nance/Love and Allen? Osman, Prince, Windler, McGee off bench

Need more size and another PG and/or SG but yes please......would sure be a shame they dumped Porter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, the Cavs play in the EC.
I doubt they see the Cavs as a threat to their own title chances. Guessing they'd take best offer no matter the conference. Isn't to say Cavs would offer this or they'd want it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated team in play could be the Pelicans. They have a ton of picks and could potentially send a few young pieces back as well as cap relief.

Lonzo, Redick, Hayes, 4 1sts for Beal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated team in play could be the Pelicans. They have a ton of picks and could potentially send a few young pieces back as well as cap relief.

Lonzo, Redick, Hayes, 4 1sts for Beal.
4 firsts seems like a lot, but I guess as you said with all those Laker picks maybe not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it funny that people still make statements like this despite all of the things that "couldn't happen" that have happened anyway.

Remember when Lebron was never returning to Cleveland?

Remember when the Warriors couldn't possibly get KD?

Remember when Lebron was never going to go to the Lakers? Or when he went, but only because he didn't care about winning titles anymore?

Remember when Miami was years away from being able to improve their team in any significant way?

Remember when Lakers fans were told there was no way the Lakers could get AD because too many teams could out bid them?

I don't think anyone thought the Clippers were a threat to get Kawhi, let alone Kawhi and PG both...until they did.

Do I think the Lakers are likely to do everything that makes sense to try to get him? Yes.

Do I think they are likely to get him? No.

I don't think they can, but with all that we've seen...I'm not ruling anything out.

However, I'm not holding my breath either. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers on a 2nd night of a back to back......hmmmmmm.....the Lakers -9.5 or moneyline......decisions, decisions.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that people still make statements like this despite all of the things that "couldn't happen" that have happened anyway.

Remember when Lebron was never returning to Cleveland?

Remember when the Warriors couldn't possibly get KD?

Remember when Lebron was never going to go to the Lakers? Or when he went, but only because he didn't care about winning titles anymore?

Remember when Miami was years away from being able to improve their team in any significant way?

Remember when Lakers fans were told there was no way the Lakers could get AD because too many teams could out bid them?

I don't think anyone thought the Clippers were a threat to get Kawhi, let alone Kawhi and PG both...until they did.

Do I think the Lakers are likely to do everything that makes sense to try to get him? Yes.

Do I think they are likely to get him? No.

I don't think they can, but with all that we've seen...I'm not ruling anything out.

However, I'm not holding my breath either. lol
Never rule out the Lake show.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State or Phoenix straight up?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the Cavs trading for Beal?

trade Garland, a lightly protected first rounder for next season and Drummond?

Not even close.

Drummond isn’t an asset the Wizards would want. If they are trading Beal, they are tanking.

Cleveland isn’t getting Beal without trading Sexton +. Garland isn’t going to do it.