• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
close to allen?

the guy was playing 26 minutes a night and right about top 10 in blocks and rebounds, and allen can guard the rim and shoot a jumper. There are guys on NBA teams that arent going to give you close to that.

Now you want to act like allen is some star? Yes a kid who barely played in his first year can be close to Allen. He is pretty clearly a better shooter than Allen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you want to act like allen is some star? Yes a kid who barely played in his first year can be close to Allen. He is pretty clearly a better shooter than Allen
December 30th- before any whiff of a trade i had him as my 6th best big man in the East on this very thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs aren’t a top 5 lottery team anymore. It doesn’t who they lost to you can see their glaring weaknesses

I think there in even a worse position now tbh. At best they're probably a 7 or 8 seed, which mean a swift first round exit. At worst they end up 9th or 10th which screws up their draft position.

Admittedly they've been impressive so far this season. Lets see if they can keep it up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i am just crazy and right around top 10 in blocks, top 10 in rebounds, very solid rim protection, ability to hit a jump shot, ability to switch, and a top 5 shooting percentage (in less than 27 minutes a game) is something a replacement player can get close to. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there in even a worse position now tbh. At best they're probably a 7 or 8 seed, which mean a swift first round exit. At worst they end up 9th or 10th which screws up their draft position.

Admittedly they've been impressive so far this season. Lets see if they can keep it up.
It is has little to do with the seeding...it has everything to do with the development of the players and they finally have an identity. Would another top 5 be great? Sure but it seems like they can compete with almost any team team win or lose. I agree a 7-9 seed isn’t idea but this team is still very young. I didn’t expect this kind of turn around for 2-3 years tbh. So it’s a nice surprise, not saying they are some world beaters but management and Bickerstaff has done an amazing job turning them around so quick...still early but watching them play this is clearly a different team. Plus, we don’t know how good they are quite yet - a quick first round exit is just a guess. They could see growth and get a top 10 pick or get a top 5 seed...who knows this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with all the bigs out west, he is middle of the league when it comes to centers.

Was just going to say that.

6th best big in the East isn’t anything special when there are really only 3-4 really good ones.

Allen is a very solid starting caliber big on a team that has 2 of them.

As soon as he landed in Cleveland, Allen went from averagish staring center to budding all star and “going to be better than Harden in 3 years”.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is has little to do with the seeding...it has everything to do with the development of the players and they finally have an identity. Would another top 5 be great? Sure but it seems like they can compete with almost any team team win or lose. I agree a 7-9 seed isn’t idea but this team is still very young. I didn’t expect this kind of turn around for 2-3 years tbh. So it’s a nice surprise, not saying they are some world beaters but management and Bickerstaff has done an amazing job turning them around so quick...still early but watching them play this is clearly a different team. Plus, we don’t know how good they are quite yet - a quick first round exit is just a guess. They could see growth and get a top 10 pick or get a top 5 seed...who knows this season.

Playoff experience, even if it is just a quick first round exit would help too. The playoffs are a different ballgame altogether. Build from there. Getting a win or two against the likes of Philly, Milwaukee or Boston would boost morale and build chemistry big time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff experience, even if it is just a quick first round exit would help too. The playoffs are a different ballgame altogether. Build from there. Getting a win or two against the likes of Philly, Milwaukee or Boston would boost morale and build chemistry big time.
Yeah every young team that builds through the draft comes to that crossroads. Are they just a middling playoff team or can they take the next step? And it could be 2-3 years where they are at that point but showing improvement is the key. We will find out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with all the bigs out west, he is middle of the league when it comes to centers.
Stats: 11.8 pts, 10.1 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 67.9% shooting, 76% FT

hed prob start for the:

1. Celtics
2. Knicks
3. Raptors
4. Bulls
5. Pistons
6. Hornets
7. Depends on the Heat whether Bam is the PF or C- Olynk has started 9 games.
8. Thunder
9. Nurkic or Allen is pretty close- now Nurkic is out for a while obviously
10. Mavs
11. Rockets
12. Grizz
13. Pelicans
14. Nets

if you are saying "big men"- basically centers and PF

East:
Embiid
Sabonis
Turner
Collins
Bam
Vucevic
Drummond
Griffin
Capela

West:
Ayton
Davis
Porzingis
Zion
Aldridge
Gobert
Towns
Jokic
Wood

Arguable:
Draymond
Ibaka
Nurkic
Horford
Randle
Valunciunas

Not Counting as PF or C
Durant
Giannis
LeBron
Tatum

Jarrett Allen---- les than 27 minutes per game. 11th in the NBA in blocks. 13th in rebounds. No one ahead of Allen on both lists has played less minutes besides Boucher on blocks. #1 in the NBA in field goal percentage at 67.9. Free throw % of 75%.

22 year old. Only will get better.

(not sure if i missed anyone- prob did one or two)