• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I know he used to coaching a top team but that doesn’t instill much confidence in your players
Seriously, I don't know what his end game is.

-He uses Steph as a decoy instead of figuring out ways to create space for him.
-He refuses to alter the starting lineup even though statistically its one of the worst in the NBA.
-The Warriors were having really great success with a second unit lead by Paschall as a small 5 and Wiggins as the primary scorers, but now for some reason he's switched out Wiggins with Oubre and put Looney in that same lineup which kills scoring and spacing.
-He took Mulder out of the rotation even though he's shooting 46.7% on 3's this year to give those minutes to Jordan Poole, who's awful.
-Also discourages Wiseman from outside shooting even though with the starters he's easily the 3rd best outside shooter after Steph and Wiggins.

I have no idea what he's trying to do, and to be honest, I don't really think he knows either.

Edit: I don't expect the Warriors to be a top team or even real contenders this year. But at the same time there is room for them to be better than what they are currently and yet the coach seems to blame the players when he's not putting them in positions to succeed. There's also been reports previously about the coaches disagreeing with certain things that are going on with rotations, lineups, etc. Nothing too heavy at this point but I think we'll see the chatter rise if nothing improves.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I don't know what his end game is.

-He uses Steph as a decoy instead of figuring out ways to create space for him.
-He refuses to alter the starting lineup even though statistically its one of the worst in the NBA.
-The Warriors were having really great success with a second unit lead by Paschall as a small 5 and Wiggins as the primary scorers, but now for some reason he's switched out Wiggins with Oubre and put Looney in that same lineup which kills scoring and spacing.
-He took Mulder out of the rotation even though he's shooting 46.7% on 3's this year to give those minutes to Jordan Poole, who's awful.
-Also discourages Wiseman from outside shooting even though with the starters he's easily the 3rd best outside shooter after Steph and Wiggins.

I have no idea what he's trying to do, and to be honest, I don't really think he knows either.

Edit: I don't expect the Warriors to be a top team or even real contenders this year. But at the same time there is room for them to be better than what they are currently and yet the coach seems to blame the players when he's not putting them in positions to succeed. There's also been reports previously about the coaches disagreeing with certain things that are going on with rotations, lineups, etc. Nothing too heavy at this point but I think we'll see the chatter rise if nothing improves.
Fire him after the run they have had though?

Give him this year and then pressure next season when Klay is back?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a swing and a miss. Hoping a guy develops and hoping a guy get's his head right are both in the same category of potential. There was a reason he dipped all the way in the draft because of questions. Same with a guys work-ethic, basketball IQ, shooting potential, etc.

Warriors had guys in camp like Kendrick Nunn and Chris Boucher, but let both of them go. They need to be better at evaluating talent and figuring out which guys stick. We don't get to see the practices and what they're doing behind the scenes so it's tough for us to say. But the fact remains is that the Warriors have let more guys go who have been better elsewhere than have developed themselves.
when it comes to the team, I agree with that first comment. However when it comes to fans thinking a guy can play i'm not so sure I agree.

and, yes, no doubt GS has let some guys go maybe they shouldn't have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% on the Kerr has to go train, but it's starting to get close to that for me. Things are piling up in a negative favor for him and I don't think he possesses the ability to turn this team around. Takes no accountability as a coach and seems to always want to blame the team for lack of effort.

Last night alone:

1) Played Oubre 31 minutes when he wasn't contributing a thing.
2) Played Nico Mannion early 3rd quarter minutes instead of Damion Lee.
3) On a night where the Warriors were struggling with shooting, plays Mulder only 4 minutes in garbage time. He hits his only shot which happens to be a 3.
4) Refuses to try to mix up lineups to figure out what's working on a given night. Incredibly rigid with rotations.
5) On a night where Draymond gets tossed in the first half, Paschall only ends up with 19 minutes. Again, when the Warriors are struggling to score.

But then he says this.....

While I don't watch them like you do I cannot rip him any more than I would praise him for the past. He seems like most coaches. Give him talent and he can win. Don't and he wont.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a pass in the off topic thread @trojanfan12.....it is sports related and that meme is hilarious.....LMAO.
Not sure if I'm allowed back there yet, but if I am he can just boot me again to keep you around. I'm a team player.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again not saying get rid of him just yet, but he needs to improve. He's trying to force square pegs into round holes. He's stubborn with his system that was amazing for the group of players he HAD, but no longer has. His system relies on basketball IQ, passing and floor spacing. Right now the Warriors don't have any of that in bunches. And the little they do have, he doesn't seem to want to utilize.

The reason the Spurs were able to last so long with their aging stars was that Pop adapted his system to suit the players. Kerr does not at this point and time seem in the same mold.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not saying get rid of him just yet, but he needs to improve. He's trying to force square pegs into round holes. He's stubborn with his system that was amazing for the group of players he HAD, but no longer has. His system relies on basketball IQ, passing and floor spacing. Right now the Warriors don't have any of that in bunches. And the little they do have, he doesn't seem to want to utilize.

The reason the Spurs were able to last so long with their aging stars was that Pop adapted his system to suit the players. Kerr does not at this point and time seem in the same mold.
True but maybe he just trying to get by till next year.

We all know Oubre will be gone by the deadine.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't watch them like you do I cannot rip him any more than I would praise him for the past. He seems like most coaches. Give him talent and he can win. Don't and he wont.

Not so much overall talent as it is the correct talent for him. He's got a certain style of basketball he wants his team to play, only that the players he has cannot replicate what he envisions happening.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously they aren't firing him this year but if they underperform with Klay next year then of course he'll be on the hot seat

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some do more with talent and some do less

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you have no idea how bad it is to shoot 21% from 3--- while taking a high volume of shots

On top of that I realize now that Oubre is a blackhole when he gets the ball and starts going to the basket. I don't think there's been one instance this year where he's drive and kicked to an open shooter instead of forcing the ball over 3 defenders. It's ridiculous. His basketball IQ has got to be one of the lowest I've seen in recent memory on the Warriors. On top of that he can't figure out that he needs to clear the corner when Steph is moving off the ball. There's been numerous times where Steph has audibly yelled in frustration that he can't get the look because Oubre messed up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that I realize now that Oubre is a blackhole when he gets the ball and starts going to the basket. I don't think there's been one instance this year where he's drive and kicked to an open shooter instead of forcing the ball over 3 defenders. It's ridiculous. His basketball IQ has got to be one of the lowest I've seen in recent memory on the Warriors. On top of that he can't figure out that he needs to clear the corner when Steph is moving off the ball. There's been numerous times where Steph has audibly yelled in frustration that he can't get the look because Oubre messed up.

Kind of reminds of Drummond when you talk about when Oubre gets the ball he doesn’t care to look to get others involved. Now I do think Drummond is a decent passer but when he gets the ball...he puts his head down and goes right at the hoop, even if double or triple teamed he will try to put a putback when guys are literally drooling for the ball. It’s why I believe even more Allen is perfect for what the Cavs want to build. He doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be at his best. Drummond is definitely a very solid player and the best rebounder in the NBA but he is better suited for another squad. I’d pay Allen $16-$18 over Drummond getting $25-$30 100 out of 100 times.