• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta love when a guy tells someone how seriously he is injured (from behind his computer) without ever even talking to him, his coaches, his trainers, etc.

Why do you always assume every athlete is 100?

There are guys who beat women and are broke five years after their career is over often. It's not like we just run around accusing pro athletes of faking it.

And even with that there are plenty of normal people that can deal with pain substantially more than a pro athlete. That isn't some trait reserved for athletes.

Feel free to disagree but the "whole behind the computer" comment indicates the person has no concept of what injury entails.

Hell i played baseball most of my life growing up. Id rather do that with a tweak than a lot of manual labor jobs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You guys are wrong on this.

Nance has developed into a pretty good player. He is legitimately better than Kevin Love at this point.

Winslow isn’t a young up and coming player with potential anymore. Nance has surpassed him.
Would love to see what the guy could do in the Green role on a contending team (though not likely I ever do here). we know he's better than green when he plays on a lesser team.

Wont be the complete role as Green a better defender, but I think Nance can pass like Green and can shoot better. also has one of the best contracts in the league. Overall game better than Love. I wonder what Cavs do when he returns as if he can still shoot his floor spacing (and rebounding) is needed. ....but don't want to see Nance lose minutes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Nance would be a very nice 8th or 9th man on a very good team.
depends what the "very good team" needed or already had. If they want a guy who was willing to do all the dirty work, pass, defend and hit an occasional 3 he could start or be a 6th man.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you always assume every athlete is 100?

There are guys who beat women and are broke five years after their career is over often. It's not like we just run around accusing pro athletes of faking it.

And even with that there are plenty of normal people that can deal with pain substantially more than a pro athlete. That isn't some trait reserved for athletes.

Feel free to disagree but the "whole behind the computer" comment indicates the person has no concept of what injury entails.

Hell i played baseball most of my life growing up. Id rather do that with a tweak than a lot of manual labor jobs.
I'm not assuming anything. You are.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not assuming anything. You are.

Of course I am. But just as with Winslow greedy has gone from basically day to day to out for the year and to my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong) no one else has confirmed his self diagnosis he can't lift his arm.

As I said on the guy it is becoming clear why he slipped from top 10 to 42nd with no real publicly known reason why.

I feel the same on Blake Griffin. Dude is desperate to get that last big deal and he doesn't GAF who it hurts. That's what his actions both on and off the court tell me.

My opinion. I'm allowed to have it. But yes I do take some exception to this notion no one can possibly understand what pain is like for a pro athlete. Nonsense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not the same player so yeah this comparison is dumb. Also the reasons Heat fans love Haslem isn't about what he does on the court so yeah this is an irrelevant comment from you

That's not true at all. We constantly heard from Heat fans about how important Haslem was to what the Heat did. Draymond was/is important to the Warriors for the same reasons Haslem was important for the Heat. He did the dirty work.

Green is just louder and less likeable.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see what the guy could do in the Green role on a contending team (though not likely I ever do here). we know he's better than green when he plays on a lesser team.

Wont be the complete role as Green a better defender, but I think Nance can pass like Green and can shoot better. also has one of the best contracts in the league. Overall game better than Love. I wonder what Cavs do when he returns as if he can still shoot his floor spacing (and rebounding) is needed. ....but don't want to see Nance lose minutes.
Play Love at center when Drummon needs a breather.....say 10mpg and give him 20 mpg at PF.....giving Nance 28mpg at PF.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You will always act like Draymond is great...It's cool

The guy been trash since KD left. He is a borderline bad player if he isn't on a team with multiple stars
I mean, I have thought he was overrated for a while but think you are going overboard in some of your comments about him

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Love at center when Drummon needs a breather.....say 10mpg and give him 20 mpg at PF.....giving Nance 28mpg at PF.
It's a thought....though mcgee is playing surprisingly well and he might get those 10 minutes. Haven't looked, but I guess if Drummond is getting 30 or so minutes could still give McGee and love 8-10 per at center.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a thought....though mcgee is playing surprisingly well and he might get those 10 minutes. Haven't looked, but I guess if Drummond is getting 30 or so minutes could still give McGee and love 8-10 per at center.
True, forgot about McGee.

I'd play Love off the bench as a 6th man at a few positions.....that may be his role once he gets dealt.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers needed to turn Lou Williams into something before they got kawhi and pg.

You don’t need a guy like that when you have those 2 on the roster.

He doesn't get enough run. I agree. And now they have Kennard and Reggie Jackson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Nance all day over Green though...and they are similar players except Nance developed a jumpshot...Green never did lol
For sure now I'd take Nance. Nance Sr. developed a reliable jumper later in his career (not a 3 point shot though). Still remember him going off, I believe, against Cs in a game 7.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I am. But just as with Winslow greedy has gone from basically day to day to out for the year and to my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong) no one else has confirmed his self diagnosis he can't lift his arm.

As I said on the guy it is becoming clear why he slipped from top 10 to 42nd with no real publicly known reason why.

I feel the same on Blake Griffin. Dude is desperate to get that last big deal and he doesn't GAF who it hurts. That's what his actions both on and off the court tell me.

My opinion. I'm allowed to have it. But yes I do take some exception to this notion no one can possibly understand what pain is like for a pro athlete. Nonsense.
No reason to take acception as I'm not implying you cannot know what pain is. But factual to say you don't know how hurt Greedy is or is not. And yes, you are allowed to choose to have the baseless opinion he is faking.

FYI, Greedy has never gotten any big deal as only a 2nd rounder, so for sure you should not "feel the same" about him and Griffin.

Here is some info, though, no you will not hear from a doctor as it's kind of rare they speak about the athletes they care for.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green makes 31.8% of his 3's.....Nance 32.9%.

Marginally better and that's assuming Green doesn't get better as he gets older to extend his career.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure now I'd take Nance. Nance Sr. developed a reliable jumper later in his career (not a 3 point shot though). Still remember him going off, I believe, against Cs in a game 7.

Yeah, yeah, yeah fuck you! :heh: Think you mean the '92. season Had to look it up but it wasn't game 7. It was game 4.

Nance went 13-16 from the field. Finished with 32 pts, 7 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl & 2 blks.

Was that the game you're talking about?