• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does....he was well past his RFA contract after his rookie deal. Do you really not understand the difference?
Luka can sign this huge extension and within 1-2 years demand a trade and be dealt......sorry you don't understand this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It effects players who make a deep playoff run.....there's a reason there have been a record number injuries to AS players in these playoffs......SMH.

Clearly, you have never played sports......LOL.
haha...the never played sports argument when there is no way you could know if you've played more sports than me? Never mind you are just ignoring basic logic in that you have no idea this isn't just coincidence/bad luck.

I mean, what was the previous record and was it passed by that many players? Kyrie and AD have been hurt in the playoffs in normal times, right? Even with what is apparently a lot of time on the court/field by you did you forget that? Lebron plays sports a lot...did he forget he was hurt a couple seasons ago and it likely kept his team out of the playoffs?

KD and Klay were both hurt in a normal season and had to miss last season. Klay hurt again....must have been because he was afraid of the shortened season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT dialed in and sticking his head in the sand.....LOL.
And refuting everything you say with logic, facts and reason as per usual with those you have disagreements with.

so how far did you get while playing sports? How often do you still play? If a lot, we might be able to put that narrative to bed with how little you know.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting this moron on ignore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was gonna ask if anyone has forced way out as a RFA...cannot think of anyone who has.

I can't either. I think there was a guy that signed a 1 year qualifying offer instead of the extension, but I couldn't say who or even if it actually happened (might even be a guy in a different sport).

If he did it, that would take some serious stones because it could cost him around $50 million. He'd have to force his way to a major market like NY, LA, etc. to have a chance to earn some of that back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't either. I think there was a guy that signed a 1 year qualifying offer instead of the extension, but I couldn't say who or even if it actually happened (might even be a guy in a different sport).

If he did it, that would take some serious stones because it could cost him around $50 million. He'd have to force his way to a major market like NY, LA, etc. to have a chance to earn some of that back.
That's really the only way to do it. Or sign a 1-2 year deal with another team and your old team matches it. at least only 1-2 years and not 4-5.

But, yeah, you'd have to have a ton in endorsements to even consider it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw...and ridiculous. Very possible the injuries are just coincidence/bad luck. Not like we have not seen injuries to stars all the time in the playoffs in the past. Lebron has seen it first hand.

They were breaking that down on both Dan Patrick and Cowherd and the type of injuries that are occurring.

Just off the top of my head...Lebron (high ankle sprain), Kawhi (ACL issue), Kyrie (ankle) and Embiid (knee) would not be the kind of "fatigue injuries" that Lebron was referring to.

Harden (hammy) and AD (groin) are the types of injuries that could be fatigue related. Another thing to consider is that outside of Lebron and Harden...all of those are players with fairly extensive injury histories.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were breaking that down on both Dan Patrick and Cowherd and the type of injuries that are occurring.

Just off the top of my head...Lebron (high ankle sprain), Kawhi (ACL issue), Kyrie (ankle) and Embiid (knee) would not be the kind of "fatigue injuries" that Lebron was referring to.

Harden (hammy) and AD (groin) are the types of injuries that could be fatigue related. Another thing to consider is that outside of Lebron and Harden...all of those are players with fairly extensive injury histories.
Right...and somehow guys like CP, Griffin and Rose have avoided missing much time (if any) due to injury in playoffs this season.

why I said while might be something to what Lebron said it might also just be happenstance/coincidence.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m Cuban, I fire whatever his name is (Not looking it up) before this turns into an Aaron Rodgers type of situation...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...and somehow guys like CP, Griffin and Rose have avoided missing much time (if any) due to injury in playoffs this season.

why I said while might be something to what Lebron said it might also just be happenstance/coincidence.
The reason Lebrons comments ring hollow is that he is Vice President of he union and signed off on all of it. Just like with the play in stuff, complaining later is weak.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m Cuban, I fire whatever his name is (Not looking it up) before this turns into an Aaron Rodgers type of situation...
It's not Carlisle's really good FA's avoid Dallas.....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Lebrons comments ring hollow is that he is Vice President of he union and signed off on all of it. Just like with the play in stuff, complaining later is weak.

Yeah, that's part of the problem. Lebron knows that this was about recouping some of the money the league lost because of the pandemic and that the alternative was shortening the season to the point that players would be giving up about 25% of their salary. But he didn't acknowledge any of that in his criticism.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Carlisle's really good FA's avoid Dallas.....
I’m not talking about Carlisle. Voulgaris is the one who Luka has a problem with...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's part of the problem. Lebron knows that this was about recouping some of the money the league lost because of the pandemic and that the alternative was shortening the season to the point that players would be giving up about 25% of their salary. But he didn't acknowledge any of that in his criticism.
Exactly, he is acting like a rank and file player that had no say so. That’s the problem, he has more power than any player in the league but doesn’t acknowledge he is part of the process. Keep everyone mad at the man.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never happens!!!!!

LOL.

it does involves gambling away life changing money to play for like 5m for an extra year

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After a number of in-person conversations with Mark Cuban over the last week, today I informed him that I will not be returning as head coach of the Dallas Mavericks. This was solely my decision. My family and I have had an amazing 13-year experience working with great people in a great city.

Dallas will always be home, but I am excited about the next chapter of my coaching career."