• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still don't understand the vaccine. People continue to bring up that you can catch covid after getting the vaccine. Who the heck said if you get the vaccine, there is no chance you can catch covid? You catching covid and being really sick is far more likely if you don't have the vax.

I truly love the sob stories of those people in the hospital with covid wishing they got the vax.
It reduces the chances of you being hospitalized......big time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "flu shot" is still a vaccine whether it fits your definition of "actual vaccine".

I've never once heard the flu shot called a vaccine and never seen it advertised or presented as one. I've also never heard of anyone losing their job or not being allowed to go to the store or travel freely because they didn't get one.

In fact, they typically aren't even sure how well it will actually work against whatever strain of flu we're having in any given year. It's also not my definition of a vaccine.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it matters. Claiming its a vaccine, when it clearly isn't, can lead folks to believe that it will do something that it doesn't do. Additionally, it is more of the constantly changing narratives with this. Started with ''we're just shutting things down for 2 weeks to flatten the curve'' and now we have what was supposed to be 1 shot, then 2 and now likely annual boosters and it still doesn't prevent people from getting it.
Well it would be nice if everything could be figured out before hand I guess, but this is evil, chinese, man made shit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would be nice if everything could be figured out before hand I guess, but this is evil, chinese, man made shit.

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, much of what I'm doing is playing ''Devil's Advocate''. People are being attacked and marginalized, losing jobs, etc. over a vaccine that seems to lose effectiveness within a few months to fight a virus that we don't seem to know a lot about yet.

The biggest problem though, is that it's been politicized and that has both sides dug in like Alabama ticks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nets are smart, they are in communication with Philly right now exploring trade options.

Kyrie for Simmons + Maxey

Then they sit down with Kyrie and lay it on the line.

“Kyrie, we want you to be a Net. However, we can’t afford to keep you on the roster if you are only available for road games. If you don’t get vaccinated, we will be forced to trade you to Philly.”

Kyrie will likely refuse and both teams will get better.
KD threw the kibosh on Simmons to the Nets. He doesn’t want the dude.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD threw the kibosh on Simmons to the Nets. He doesn’t want the dude.

Not his decision to make.

And if it came down to Simmons + or Kyrie for half the games, he really should want Simmons.

Besides, I believe Simmons is a much better fit with Harden and KD than Kyrie is. Their team would be better for this deal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if it came down to Simmons + or Kyrie for half the games, he really should want Simmons.

Besides, I believe Simmons is a much better fit with Harden and KD than Kyrie is. Their team would be better for this deal.
Im just going by a report that a deal for Kyrie was being explored but when Nets checked with KD he said absolutely not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they have 3 ball dominant, score first players and all 3 are elite at it. That can be a problem over 82 games. It worked to a point last year because they didn't really have to deal with it because of guys missing games.

Simmons is fairly ball dominant, but he wouldn't really be taking shots away from KD and Beard like Kyrie would.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why he hate the media lmao

lol

Yeah, and the sad thing is, if he gave those questions the answers they deserve...he'd be the asshole.

I get that KD can be a bit of a sensitive bitch...but sometimes the problem is the question that was asked was just over the top stupid.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have 3 ball dominant, score first players and all 3 are elite at it. That can be a problem over 82 games. It worked to a point last year because they didn't really have to deal with it because of guys missing games.

Simmons is fairly ball dominant, but he wouldn't really be taking shots away from KD and Beard like Kyrie would.
Kyrie is set to miss a lot of games LOL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the annual "X added 10-15 pounds of muscle this off-season". The next best is "X has now extended his range and is going to be taking a lot of 3's this year". Although the latter seems less likely these days as most guys are already jacking up a ton of 3's.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the annual "X added 10-15 pounds of muscle this off-season". The next best is "X has now extended his range and is going to be taking a lot of 3's this year". Although the latter seems less likely these days as most guys are already jacking up a ton of 3's.

Are you saying it's not true?