• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you can still catch it and pass it while vaxed.

Avoiding catching it is not the reason to get vaxed.

Although it does make it less likely you will catch it too.

People still don't understand the vaccine. People continue to bring up that you can catch covid after getting the vaccine. Who the heck said if you get the vaccine, there is no chance you can catch covid? You catching covid and being really sick is far more likely if you don't have the vax.

I truly love the sob stories of those people in the hospital with covid wishing they got the vax.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I gotta agree with TF12 again...

... anyone who frequents the politics forum knows you're one of the more vocal "rage-against-the anti-vaxxers" posters, @msgkings322.
Show me one rage post

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mu
What you don't understand is that what you think doesn't make their concerns any less legit. Also, if you think it all boils down to not being able to answer those 2 things, it shows that you haven't listened. Additionally, with what we are seeing "much better protected" is not actually a fact at all. Many vaccinated people still catch and pass it.

The very fact that you had to type the statement "much better protected when they catch it" should be a clue...what other vaccine that actually works do we say that about? No one says..."Vaccinated people are better protected when they contract polio" about the polio vaccine. Why? Because it actually works.

At this point, with having to get 2 shots and likely having to get boosters annually...the Covid ''vaccine'' is more like the flu shot than an actual vaccine.
[/QUOTE
What you don't understand is that what you think doesn't make their concerns any less legit. Also, if you think it all boils down to not being able to answer those 2 things, it shows that you haven't listened. Additionally, with what we are seeing "much better protected" is not actually a fact at all. Many vaccinated people still catch and pass it.

The very fact that you had to type the statement "much better protected when they catch it" should be a clue...what other vaccine that actually works do we say that about? No one says..."Vaccinated people are better protected when they contract polio" about the polio vaccine. Why? Because it actually works.

At this point, with having to get 2 shots and likely having to get boosters annually...the Covid ''vaccine'' is more like the flu shot than an actual vaccine.
The vaccine drastically reduces your chance of being hospitalized and or dying of Covid. This is a plain fact.

@trojanfan12

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you can still catch it and pass it while vaxed.

Avoiding catching it is not the reason to get vaxed.

Although it does make it less likely you will catch it too.

lol

If avoiding catching it isn't a reason to get the shot, it's not a true vaccine.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really don't think the vaccine works? LMAO

I didn't say it doesn't work. I said it's not a true vaccine.

In fact, the narrative has changed from "this will keep you from getting it" to "it was never meant to be a cure". No one has said it should be a cure. But if it's truly a vaccine, we wouldn't have so many catching it even though they got the shot.

You really need to quit taking peoples posts out of context and making shit up.

Especially when you're the first to bitch when it's done to you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree overall with @trojanfan12...

If the goal is to get as many adults vaccinated as possible, and we're pondering how to get the last 10-30% of the population to get the jab... positive reinforcement is the better path than coercion and shaming.

It's human nature. If you try to squeeze folks, that will just embitter them and cause their resistance to harden.

Finally, I don't think 'getting to 100% vaccination rate' is a reasonable goal. And if we make that the goal, we're destined for bitterness and resentment... which is no help to anything.
We live in a society in which some are not happy without bitterness and resentment so it kind of works

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a society in which some are not happy without bitterness and resentment so it kind of works

Yes, they’re called liberals.

That’s why they make up problems to rage about

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'm not gonna waste a minute researching that.

I don't know who you're trying to kid, though... (I hope you're not kidding yourself). I'll leave you and @trojanfan12 to it.
You're just wrong about this but it's all good.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

If avoiding catching it isn't a reason to get the shot, it's not a true vaccine.
Does it matter if it's a 'true' anything if it prevents you from getting really sick and dying and reduces transmission as well? Who cares what it's called?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "flu shot" is still a vaccine whether it fits your definition of "actual vaccine". Also, there's a pneumonia vaccine and people can still get pneumonia after taking it as well. So there's another example. But just like the covid vaccine, it greatly reduces your symptoms and makes possibility of death small fractions of 1%. This is some real knot twisting going on here. A vaccine doesn't have to be 100% you won't get the whatever its suppose to be for like its polio or smallpox where vaccination statistically all but means you'll never get it. You don't have to be an epidemiologist to know viruses are different from each other. Just because one tool works a certain way for one, doesn't mean its gonna work the exact same way for another.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one rage post
So you don't have it?
Of course not, it doesn't exist.
Alright, you guys goaded me into it...

( I told myself that I would never use SportsHoopla's horrible search function again, but y'all keep dragging me back in :D )

"... I never said you were. I said antivax sentiment is childish, and you are defending that childishness instead of correctly mocking it like we are."

^ Right there... @msgkings322 labelling anti-vax sentiment and admitting that he mocks it on the regular.

"I'm used to the world being filled with anti-vax idiots. Before Covid it was more the wacko libs or the Orthodox Jews and groups like that. Now it's Republicans and black people. All idiots. No not every wacko lib/Republican/black person. Just the anti-vax ones."

^ Right there... @msgkings322 calling anti-vaxxers "idiots"

---------

Now, why would you lie about this, msg? Not only lie... but double down on your lie when called out? I don't get it.

This is characteristic of you, btw. Most of your posts are pretty reasonable, but every now and then you throw a totally false statement into the mix... and (even worse) you show no accountability for it. It makes it a chore to deal with you, and (frankly) it brings down whatever it is you try to say... no matter how reasonable.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, you guys goaded me into it...

( I told myself that I would never use SportsHoopla's horrible search function again, but y'all keep dragging me back in :D )

"... I never said you were. I said antivax sentiment is childish, and you are defending that childishness instead of correctly mocking it like we are."

^ Right there... @msgkings322 labelling anti-vax sentiment and admitting that he mocks it on the regular.

"I'm used to the world being filled with anti-vax idiots. Before Covid it was more the wacko libs or the Orthodox Jews and groups like that. Now it's Republicans and black people. All idiots. No not every wacko lib/Republican/black person. Just the anti-vax ones."

^ Right there... @msgkings322 calling anti-vaxxers "idiots"

---------

Now, why would you lie about this, msg? Not only lie... but double down on your lie when called out? I don't get it.

This is characteristic of you, btw. Most of your posts are pretty reasonable, but every now and then you throw a totally false statement into the mix... and (even worse) you show no accountability for it. It makes it a chore to deal with you, and (frankly) it brings down whatever it is you try to say... no matter how reasonable.
I see no rage. Anti vaxxers are idiotic, and childish. What's your point? Are you denying Kyrie for example is being idiotic and childish? How about Wiggins?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no rage. Anti vaxxers are idiots. What's your point?
^ Semantics and zero accountability. I believe @trojanfan12's initial claim was that you "browbeat" anti-vaxxers, I agreed and in joking fashion phrased it as you "raging-against-the-anti-vax" types... now you're hiding behind the fact that you only make-fun of them constantly, but it's not "rage"... ?

Whatever, man. Agree to disagree. Again, I'll leave you and TF12 to it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter if it's a 'true' anything if it prevents you from getting really sick and dying and reduces transmission as well? Who cares what it's called?

Yes, it matters. Claiming its a vaccine, when it clearly isn't, can lead folks to believe that it will do something that it doesn't do. Additionally, it is more of the constantly changing narratives with this. Started with ''we're just shutting things down for 2 weeks to flatten the curve'' and now we have what was supposed to be 1 shot, then 2 and now likely annual boosters and it still doesn't prevent people from getting it.