• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 years of this Gonzaga act. It is the same thing every year for them.
They are a good program, but they got to get out of that league

Tough games on the road versus teams like OU, Texas, WVU toughen you up,.......or similar dangerous PAC, Big, SEC teams.....
It is not Gonzaga's fault, but it is not going to work unless they can somehow get better games from December-March.

You don't learn anything by playing teams that you can beat even if you have a bad night for 3 or 4 months in a row.
Gonzaga does well early on, and they can hang in early tournaments quite well.....but they get stuck with a long ass break of easy teams.

There is no easy answer for them.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough games on the road versus teams like OU, Texas, WVU toughen you up,.......or similar dangerous PAC, Big, SEC teams.....
It is not Gonzaga's fault, but it is not going to work unless they can somehow get better games from December-March.

You don't learn anything by playing teams that you can beat even if you have a bad night for 3 or 4 months in a row.
Gonzaga does well early on, and they can hang in early tournaments quite well.....but they get stuck with a long ass break of easy teams.

Mark Few = greatest choke artist as well. If he can't win one this year, when will he? Can Chet Holmgren come to Michigan already? I don't think Juwan will choke a title away if he has the horses.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like a number of other mid-majors that built up big winning streaks against creampuffs, when the time comes to play the big boys, they always fall short.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Few = greatest choke artist as well. If he can't win one this year, when will he? Can Chet Holmgren come to Michigan already? I don't think Juwan will choke a title away if he has the horses.

he already lost sallis to him

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize they had baylor on the schedule this year and got it covided right ?

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor+trio.jpg
they all have pretty mouth

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt UCLA the dominant gymnastic school?

men or women? OU women won 4 natty this decade. 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019.
and the men won a total of 11 including 5 this century 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2008.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor’s defense was what won them the championship. I think it would’ve been a better game if the zags had hit their open shots and free throws, but they never got close. Great defense will make good shooters miss. When the zags went on a run the bears would respond in kind. Clearly the best team in the tourney. Congrats Baylor.
Baylor started out fast, the Zags never recovered after the 10 minutes. They got back within 9, but Baylor answered with a couple 3s and never look back.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren’t a good program, Gonzaga is a great basketball program.

Internet folks can spout all about the WCC but it the only league they can be in. They can’t get into the Pac 12 for religious reasons, can’t get into the Big 12 or MWC because they do not have football programs. Want them to go to the Big East?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Internet folks can spout all about the WCC but it the only league they can be in. They can’t get into the Pac 12 for religious reasons, can’t get into the Big 12 or MWC because they do not have football programs. Want them to go to the Big East?

The MWC wanted Gonzaga and Gonzaga turned them down. Gonzaga is very content staying in the WCC, they don’t want to play in a better conference

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought getting 4 1/2 on a team that had destroyed everyone in their path was a great bet so I took it. Then I realized I bet on the right side of history. It would have been so wrong for Gonzaga to go undefeated and be ranked up there with the greatest teams who played much harder schedules.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought getting 4 1/2 on a team that had destroyed everyone in their path was a great bet so I took it. Then I realized I bet on the right side of history. It would have been so wrong for Gonzaga to go undefeated and be ranked up there with the greatest teams who played much harder schedules.
Mostly agree, though I wouldn’t say 81-72 was “destroying” Arkansas.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it.

They hadn't been tested. playing in that "conference" was a mirage......... Maybe they need to join the PAC? Although football could be kinda ugly.......

Congrats to Baylor. That was impressive.

zaga........... really? that was embarrassing and pathetic.

Still think, like many others know.......... the B1G and Big12 were/are the best conferences.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are a very good team.

But looking at their schedule a month ago, I had to laugh. If they really want to stay in that conference, they need to heavy load their OOC games to make up for it. I know they had Baylor scheduled, but they need to play like 3-4 Big12 teams, 3-4 B1G teams, and a few other big programs.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MWC wanted Gonzaga and Gonzaga turned them down. Gonzaga is very content staying in the WCC, they don’t want to play in a better conference
If that's true then what a joke.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are a very good team.

But looking at their schedule a month ago, I had to laugh. If they really want to stay in that conference, they need to heavy load their OOC games to make up for it. I know they had Baylor scheduled, but they need to play like 3-4 Big12 teams, 3-4 B1G teams, and a few other big programs.
It looks to me like they beat:
#12 Kansas
UR Auburn
#13 West Virginia
#8 Iowa
#15 Virginia

In Non-Conference

#23 BYU Three Times

In Conference

And (don't know rankings):

Oklahoma
Creighton
USC
UCLA

In the Tourney

I don't know how much more you can expect of them in a season. They played the late game that would have been a lot more emotionally draining than the early snoozer that Baylor played (good on Baylor for making it that way, but it would definitely have an impact on play two days later) and then got punched in the mouth quickly (haven't looked back to be sure, but I think Baylor was like 5 of 5 from 3, on top of playing suffocating D in the first 5 to 8 minutes of the game) by a great team. Looking at that game as a referendum on Gonzaga as an over-rated team, or whatever, is pretty ridiculous.

EDIT: Forgot to add that they also had Baylor on the RS schedule, as previously mentioned... their other missed games look like stiffs.