• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Free Agents

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy played over 1000+ Snaps and didn't give up a single sack and committed only 3 penalties? hmm

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both moves today; even though an already thin draft just got thinner. I predict we will be trading either personnel or future picks for picks in this years draft. I’ll leave that for the draft thread.

Cant stop now, gotta fill a couple more spots.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy played over 1000+ Snaps and didn't give up a single sack and committed only 3 penalties? hmm
The question is: Does Jackson step in at LG, go the RG with Lewis shifting to LG, or, off chance, do they try to move him to C?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is: Does Jackson step in at LG, go the RG with Lewis shifting to LG, or, off chance, do they try to move him to C?

Jackson played LG for 2 years. Lewis is young and played well where he is, so why mess with that? Jackson goes to LG is my guess and I'm thinking Pocic is coming back unless behind the scenes, Russell had a big problem with him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy with the Everett addition into Waldron's offense. Facing the Rams, TEs always seem to have productive games. If anything, this should mean we're not wasting time and resources on Zach Ertz.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson played LG for 2 years. Lewis is young and played well where he is, so why mess with that? Jackson goes to LG is my guess and I'm thinking Pocic is coming back unless behind the scenes, Russell had a big problem with him.
That sounds fine to me. Jackson is higher rated in pass protection than run blocking.
I thought Pocic did ok this year so I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy with the Everett addition into Waldron's offense. Facing the Rams, TEs always seem to have productive games. If anything, this should mean we're not wasting time and resources on Zach Ertz.
This is a case of subtraction by addition. Everett’s best games in his career are again the Hawks.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are dumping salary, seems like not the best way to do it though
Yeah. I can imagine Russ and his agent watching in disbelief as the Vegas OL is completely dismantled. As near as I can tell the whole point of listing the Raiders as a trade destination was Gruden and OL performance. Well, so much for that.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks just resigned C Pocic, line looks to be set. Brown, Lewis, Pocic, Jackson, Shell......that's an NFL line Russ so quit sitting in the pocket for 10 seconds at a time and then blame the line you aren't getting protection. Cool?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost our #3 WR Moore today as well so there's a spot at WR currently.

I say make Dunlap a priority, sign a WR, RB, and consider another CB such as Trufant on a one year flyer.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost our #3 WR Moore today as well so there's a spot at WR currently.

I say make Dunlap a priority, sign a WR, RB, and consider another CB such as Trufant on a one year flyer.
Sounds like a reasonable plan to me.
The team seems to have high praise for Taylor so they might go that route. I don't have much faith in their DE drafting ability though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks just resigned C Pocic, line looks to be set. Brown, Lewis, Pocic, Jackson, Shell......that's an NFL line Russ so quit sitting in the pocket for 10 seconds at a time and then blame the line you aren't getting protection. Cool?

Why move Lewis from Right to left? He all ready was learning the RG and Center positions now throw him in at left guard? Nah man Jacksons best season as a guard was when he played Left i would put him back on the left beside Brown and let Lewis stick at where he played most of 2020. Can't keep changing a players position and hope they improve, ask Britt how that worked out for him! He was a solid rookie right tackle but they moved him to guard, then they moved him to Center. Go back and look at Britt's Rookie season. Sure he had some mistakes and mental errors but he was a rookie! he did very well playing on the edge with a QB that was all over the place. Russell doesn't make it easy on these olineman. I have zero doubts Britt would have been a fine above average right tackle had he got to play there his whole career.

Hawks still need to upgrade at Center. Pocic is the perfect back-up Olinman and can play all over the line but he is not a starting Center. The Hawks could use upgrades at RT and Center still because just changing out 1 man doesn't make a bad line good. You got a sub par RT and center that need to be replaced. Only Brown and Lewis are good enough to leave as starters now plug in Jackson, you still need 2 more starters maybe after June 1st we will get some cast off over priced but good blockers on the cheap. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why move Lewis from Right to left? He all ready was learning the RG and Center positions now throw him in at left guard? Nah man Jacksons best season as a guard was when he played Left i would put him back on the left beside Brown and let Lewis stick at where he played most of 2020. Can't keep changing a players position and hope they improve, ask Britt how that worked out for him! He was a solid rookie right tackle but they moved him to guard, then they moved him to Center. Go back and look at Britt's Rookie season. Sure he had some mistakes and mental errors but he was a rookie! he did very well playing on the edge with a QB that was all over the place. Russell doesn't make it easy on these olineman. I have zero doubts Britt would have been a fine above average right tackle had he got to play there his whole career.

Hawks still need to upgrade at Center. Pocic is the perfect back-up Olinman and can play all over the line but he is not a starting Center. The Hawks could use upgrades at RT and Center still because just changing out 1 man doesn't make a bad line good. You got a sub par RT and center that need to be replaced. Only Brown and Lewis are good enough to leave as starters now plug in Jackson, you still need 2 more starters maybe after June 1st we will get some cast off over priced but good blockers on the cheap. Fingers crossed.
Where the guards are certainly isn’t up to me, what you see is what I’ve heard in the media since the trade for Jackson; don’t kill the messenger. I agree that one addition doesn’t make the line, but being realistic and based off of the Hawks history they won’t be loading up the line so don’t be surprised if what you see is what you get. They completely botched acquiring Zeitler who would have been much cheaper and less a draft pick so that tells you right there the Jackson move was somewhat desperation IMO; albeit an upgrade regardless. This team puts a competent Oline together about as well as drafting in the first round.......I’m taking it for what it is.