• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Free Agents

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Seahawks standard operation for free agency, no need to assume anything really. I predict that they will get Adam’s locked up, restructure a contract or two, surprise with a signing or two, and equally surprise in a trade or release. This is what they always do and it works at probably a 40-50% clip while being underwhelmed half or a little more than half the time. I do believe that JS has a game plan because he’s proven time and time again that he’s not afraid of making moves that improve the team. Its some of the flawed philosophies driven by PC that concern me, with the Oline being numero uno. There’s still more than enough time to fill some spots so we haven’t hit panic mode just yet IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s still more than enough time to fill some spots so we haven’t hit panic mode just yet IMO.
Your right. They got all summer still. Always hard when FA first opens and you hear about the big signings daily and they don't include the Seahawks.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the Seahawks are not going to make any big moves, guess they rather not kick the can down the road by restructuring contracts. Going to make for a long season, the silver lining is next season they have a ton of cap space. Still feels hard to look forward to this season and is going to make fans unhappy with the state of affair. The trade for Adams feels like a mistake as it leaves the cupboards bare for the incoming draft ( along with no cap space for FA) .
Early yet so maybe something happens.
There are reports that Russ is working on a restructure.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First real news I've heard is that the Hawks are making a push to sign Leonard Fournette.

At the right price, hell yeah I'd sign him! I love Carson but he is going to demand more than we can give and likely be a constant issue with injuries. Fournette should should come at a lower price while likely being the better value overall. Sign me up.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin to the Jags
I just saw that, good for him; he's going home.

I like him and think he's pretty good, but at the price they got him for I'm glad we passed.

That said, CB has now become a glaring need. I'd like to get Coleman back to start and then see where to go from there with DJ Reed now in line to have a prominent role in the secondary.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Seahawks heard what Russ had to say and decided to.... do the exact same thing they always do.

Can't wait till we sign the back up left guard from the Bengals to be our starter. That is going to work out super well for us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks will most likely not sign any FA till after June 1st. This will allow them to keep all the comp picks they will be picking up this season for 2022 draft and there should also be some high profile players being released with the MUCH MUCH lower cap.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks will most likely not sign any FA till after June 1st. This will allow them to keep all the comp picks they will be picking up this season for 2022 draft and there should also be some high profile players being released with the MUCH MUCH lower cap.

Just gonna let all of our FAs walk and not replace them until the cuts? I guess they felt they weren't unprepared enough last year and this year that want to make it even worse?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First real news I've heard is that the Hawks are making a push to sign Leonard Fournette.

At the right price, hell yeah I'd sign him! I love Carson but he is going to demand more than we can give and likely be a constant issue with injuries. Fournette should should come at a lower price while likely being the better value overall. Sign me up.
He's the RB I wanted the Hawks to sign over Carson and Hyde... Glad to hear that...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to resign a guy like Carson. On one hand he is so good when he is here that it hurts when he is gone. On the other hand he is gone often injured. The Hawks want a physical style runner and they dont last long in the NFL most of the time. Had Carson been healthy more often i think they would have extended him before his final season. Once again he couldn't make a full season and missed 4 games. He has played 45 out of a possible 64 games, had that been closer to 52-55 out of 64 i think they would have extended him.

I do think they will give him a 1 year prove it deal but i also think some other team might say "hey here is a 2 year deal at 6-8 mill." with a Low guaranteed money point or something full of stipulations about games played.

With the way this teams offense should function though Penny is a better option. He is a better pass catcher and is more explosive. Sure he is not the bowling ball that Carson is but more of a RB that could be your 4th or 5th WR from out of the backfield. You get Penny in Space and thats when he can make magic. he should be 100% full go next season and it's his make or break season. Lets hope Penny can have a full 16+ game season in 2021 because if he can't then we will be looking at him the same way we do at Carson.

Always hurt Carson, good back, always hurt ... We gotta get someone in there that can stay healthy and productive for us ...It’s insane, since Lynch NO ONE can stay healthy at RB...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna let all of our FAs walk and not replace them until the cuts? I guess they felt they weren't unprepared enough last year and this year that want to make it even worse?

with the Cap being as low as it is there will be some very good players getting released post June first, I think with having so few draft picks and so many "key" FA leaving they may end up signing like 3 or more after the cut off for Compensation which I due believe is June first. This also makes me feel like they may also use some of the 2022 draft capital like 3rd and 6th rounders for picks in 2021 hoping the Comp picks they get make up for the used Capital.

Right now I am sorry but the Hawks are not running a very Smooth operation because of the massive lack of capital. Mortgaging the future for now is what got them into this "issue" and they are in a world of hurt. I think it will be a shit show this offseason and thats why i am saying they wont pick up anything meaningful till after the compensation cut off. it just fits with how crappy everything has gone the past few off seasons for the Hawks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love seeing Poona coming back, I felt he was one of the must sign FA as you can't continue to hemorrhage talent from the Defensive line like the Hawks have the last what 3 years. Wasn't there talk about the Hawks Picking up Witherspoon this offseason like days after their Playoff loss? I feel like one of the talking head guys was saying Seattle had interest in him and it fits the Hawks MO of signing players that have little to no success but fit their "ideal" mold. I 100% remember someone talking about this same guy as it was someone from the 49ers. Someone brought up Sherman and then someone said wait hold on what about Witherspoon blah blah size blah blah mold blah blah fit.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy jim carrey GIF

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for both Shaq and his brother. Shaq was a pretty solid corner he did have his ups and downs with penalties or tackling but overall he wasn't bad. Good on him on landing a 40 mil contract like 27 guaranteed that is the payday he was working his whole life for and I am glad that his brother can keep playing football along side one another.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for both Shaq and his brother. Shaq was a pretty solid corner he did have his ups and downs with penalties or tackling but overall he wasn't bad. Good on him on landing a 40 mil contract like 27 guaranteed that is the payday he was working his whole life for and I am glad that his brother can keep playing football along side one another.
Same... Shaq brothers were good people and hard workers... Glad he could get paid and glad he didn't get that much money from us...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green going to AZ. Looks like AZ is making moves. Man, this division is going to be brutal.